Wests Tigers target Johnson - Widdop..

@ said:
i could be wrong but in our existence, have WT ever attracted or tried to sign a high profile member of the spine? most or all have been through the juniors right?

Prince had played SOO in Game 3 the season before coming to the WT's

@ said:
Widdop would be a fine signing.

If our gains turn out to be
McQueen
Widdop
Milne
Vete
Matulino
Capewell

And we hold onto Tedesco, I think that's a pretty decent haul.

If we come away with all of those players, Cleary is a genius. So far 1 from 6\. Fingers crossed. I personally would still like to keep Woods.

@ said:
Fine with it. At 28 it makes sense that his current form is more of a permanent developmental improvement than temporary increase in form tbh.

Widdop is an intelligent lockin at this point in the signing season too because if we lose Tedesco we can play him at fullback and go after another half which is fine as there are more and better halves off contract than fullbacks.

Have you thought maybe Widdop doesn't wan t to play fullback.

Have you thought that I know diddly squat just like you so why do we even discuss things on this forum at all? In fact, what's the meaning of life Russell? Why are we here? WHY!?

@ said:
@ said:
i could be wrong but in our existence, have WT ever attracted or tried to sign a high profile member of the spine? most or all have been through the juniors right?

Prince had played SOO in Game 3 the season before coming to the WT's

Prince played Origin the year he came to us. The year before he had a broken leg.

I'd prefer Foran over Widdop. I hope we lose Woods based on how much we are offering him. Hopefully we keep Tedesco but if not we should be able to get another fullback or play Nofo there. Could we just buy another winger, play Nofo at fullback and let Tedesco go as well. It probably makes more sense from a cap point of view.

@ said:
Have you thought that I know diddly squat just like you so why do we even discuss things on this forum at all? In fact, what's the meaning of life Russell? Why are we here? WHY!?

Easy one….42...

Widdop looked great against us a couple of weeks back and has apparently been going great guns this year, plus he can nail a goal, so sounds like a real good target. Trouble is I remember watching him bumble and fumble around for a long time prior to that which concerns me a great deal if he wants three years at anywhere near the $300k plus than Brooks has reportedly signed for.

Unlike many on here, I have maintained that Brooks has been going okay and able to lead the team around. Doyle over at the Warriors seems a decent man, so I hope Cleary has been discussing with him the plight of Lolohea being stuck in reserves upon their acquisition of Foran and getting him over here asap.

@ said:
Widdop looked great against us a couple of weeks back and has apparently been going great guns this year, plus he can nail a goal, so sounds like a real good target. Trouble is I remember watching him bumble and fumble around for a long time prior to that which concerns me a great deal if he wants three years at anywhere near the $300k plus than Brooks has reportedly signed for.

Unlike many on here, I have maintained that Brooks has been going okay and able to lead the team around. Doyle over at the Warriors seems a decent man, so I hope Cleary has been discussing with him the plight of Lolohea being stuck in reserves upon their acquisition of Foran and getting him over here asap.

I agree with you about Brooks and believe we have signed him cheaply. I would also think Lolohea would be a great pick up.

I share your concern about Widdop. Last year many Dragons' supporters would of been happy for him to leave based on his form.

Someone on LU said we are in talks with Cameron Cullen, Kane Elgey and Brodie Croft.

@ said:
Someone on LU said we are in talks with Cameron Cullen, Kane Elgey and Brodie Croft.

What we need is a list of players we aren't linked with, because it would be shorter.

@ said:

Brodie Croft would be excellent. Wouldn't ask for anything more than $600k and would be a decent foil for Brooks. While he's young and relatively unproven, with Jacks about to sign a new deal and Foran seemingly going to Melbourne, he'd be an option that'd come cheap with some decent wraps on him (including Cooper Cronk himself), and would enable us to strengthen our forward pack with extra money that wouldn't be spent on Widdop.

@ said:
@ said:

Brodie Croft would be excellent. Wouldn't ask for anything more than $600k and would be a decent foil for Brooks. While he's young and relatively unproven, with Jacks about to sign a new deal and Foran seemingly going to Melbourne, he'd be an option that'd come cheap with some decent wraps on him (including Cooper Cronk himself), and would enable us to strengthen our forward pack with extra money that wouldn't be spent on Widdop.

By 600k I assume u mean over a 2-3 year deal? Surely not per year?

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Yeah over two, sorry should've corrected. But with the player market these days these big headed young kids will throw ridiculous numbers anywhere and someone will respond if they are desperate enough. Have you heard anything about us being in the market for a 5/8 gun?

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Yeah over two, sorry should've corrected. But with the player market these days these big headed young kids will throw ridiculous numbers anywhere and someone will respond if they are desperate enough. Have you heard anything about us being in the market for a 5/8 gun?

Please no more paying 'overs' for potential

Will be hard for WT to entice both Johnson & Widdop. So they should make a play for Jonny Lomax from St. Helens who also represents England's current squad & he also is a goal kicker.

Back