TEAM LIST Wests Tigers Team v South Sydney Rd 12

Team List
I wouldn’t be playing brooks unless he was absolutely ready to go. Jock is more than capable of doing a job out there.
agree you don't risk Brooks or Douhie and rush either back when after the bye against Manly you can have them all playing
it would seem Hastings is in doubt that is why madge has to put Brooks in to partner Madden

Halves are never guaranteed commodities. We need to hold hope that Madden would indeed be a Bellamy type; which, by the way, was meant as an indication to the player attitude that he prefers. Brodie Croft seemingly had all the talent and just never improved whether through mentally not being engaged or not putting in the required work.

Either way, Jock is already showing the ethic and attitude of a consummate Cronk type professional, and obviously (clearly) not in the same category as the other types you’ve mentioned… less about coaching and what can be drawn out of halves than my comment was an observation on the state of play.

You echoed this sentiment with me in the above post… at this stage, he is THE best back-up half in the competition and I’d wager that further improvement to that, development of his running game and continued pinpoint kicks would have him on Belly’s radar and make them forget all about Luke Brooks.

Of course, time heals all wounds, but maybe not these, maybe this is where we need to learn
Jock Madden is fourth in line that is fact. If Brooks Hastings Douhie are all fit then douhie plays at centre for 2022 and Jock simply does not get a run in first grade.
if Brooks does get moved from 6 it will be for Douhie not Madden

DT Late Mail
Jackson Hastings remains in severe doubt for the clash with South Sydney having spent the week in a moonboot. While reportedly desperate to play, the club will be tempted to give him a rest with the bye next week. If ruled out, Jock Madden would join Luke Brooks in the halves, who also has to get through Friday’s captain’s run successfully to be cleared to return from a hamstring injury.

if Jacko out! Throw in no Nofo, Peach and Tamou playing 40 min Max. Kelma not sure 100% committed .Brooks hammy suss! Don't think we can win.Would love to be wrong .on the plus side Madden is more instinctive than Brooks and Nu Brown is a big plus

Luke Brooks at five-eighth:
5 games (360 mins), 2 tries, 4 try assists, 5 forced drop outs, 2 line breaks, 12 tackle breaks, Ave 86.2 metres.

Hopefully this week isn’t any different.
That makes for good reading. Hopefully backs it up with a substantial corroboration on Saturday.

Back