TEAM LIST Wests Tigers Team v South Sydney Rd 12

Team List
View attachment 1213

What's this ?
More to the Nofo story?

@batboy
An off-field incident as well as a serious concussion has kept Wests Tigers winger David Nofoaluma away from the field in recent weeks.

Confidential has learned that Nofoaluma has been the subject of an internal disciplinary sanction in recent weeks which has resulted in him being overlooked for a first grade starting spot.

Club sources were tight-lipped on the nature of the indiscretion, but it is understood it has been frowned upon by his fellow players, in particular the senior leadership group.

The incident has been described as a “minor slip in standards” but was enough for his teammates to look down upon the winger’s actions, leading to the sanction.

Nofoaluma continues to be troubled by headaches, according to sources at the club, although he has been named on an extended bench for Saturday’s game against South Sydney at Accor Stadium.

The 28-year-old has not played since round eight and was spotted leaving the Tigers clash against Canterbury at half-time as he dealt with ongoing headaches.

He is among the richest wingers in the game with his salary nearing $500,000.

It is the second time Nofoaluma has been in the spotlight over his off-field behaviour. Last year, he was stood down from the club’s senior leadership group after turning up to training under the weather following the wedding of chair Lee Hagipantelis’ daughter.

An off-field incident as well as a serious concussion has kept Wests Tigers winger David Nofoaluma away from the field in recent weeks.

Confidential has learned that Nofoaluma has been the subject of an internal disciplinary sanction in recent weeks which has resulted in him being overlooked for a first grade starting spot.

Club sources were tight-lipped on the nature of the indiscretion, but it is understood it has been frowned upon by his fellow players, in particular the senior leadership group.

The incident has been described as a “minor slip in standards” but was enough for his teammates to look down upon the winger’s actions, leading to the sanction.

Nofoaluma continues to be troubled by headaches, according to sources at the club, although he has been named on an extended bench for Saturday’s game against South Sydney at Accor Stadium.

The 28-year-old has not played since round eight and was spotted leaving the Tigers clash against Canterbury at half-time as he dealt with ongoing headaches.

He is among the richest wingers in the game with his salary nearing $500,000.

It is the second time Nofoaluma has been in the spotlight over his off-field behaviour. Last year, he was stood down from the club’s senior leadership group after turning up to training under the weather following the wedding of chair Lee Hagipantelis’ daughter.
Maybe the rumours were try.... Re: players not liking him

Interesting that these rumours not backed up by facts not even getting a mention on NRL tonight . These guys jump all over a story if there is something to it yet not a mention

Leb Thongs, the old Leb guys used to wear them when I grew up around Granville.
I bought some about 15 years ago, (got hacked on by my mates), and they have finally worn out.
Cant find any on the mid north coast. I don't even know what to call them other than Leb thongs? Those old Leb guys really knew what they were doing. Most comfortable footwear I ever had.

Leb Thongs, the old Leb guys used to wear them when I grew up around Granville.
I bought some about 15 years ago, (got hacked on by my mates), and they have finally worn out.
Cant find any on the mid north coast. I don't even know what to call them other than Leb thongs? Those old Leb guys really knew what they were doing. Most comfortable footwear I ever had.
They're called Slides, brother.

Buy em online.... JD Sports, Footlocker website.

Feels good not having anything between your toes like those normal thongs.

They're called Slides, brother.

Buy em online.... JD Sports, Footlocker website.

Feels good not having anything between your toes like those normal thongs.
Ok thanks, slides, that got me started and I added the word leather and got this. It’s close but not quite. They had leather on top of the sole too. I will continue the search now I know slides might help.
1653561362066.jpeg

You're not thinking about these old belters are ya ?

View attachment 1215
Don’t knock the old Masuer Sandle. I have owned a pair of those since I’ve been 16. My wife buys me a black 11 pair every xmass. The add back in the 80’s had a Swedish masuer named Sven under your feet and they used to say it was like getting a Swedish massage while you walk. I’m hooked they’re great.

Don’t knock the old Masuer Sandle. I have owned a pair of those since I’ve been 16. My wife buys me a black 11 pair every xmass. The add back in the 80’s had a Swedish masuer named Sven under your feet and they used to say it was like getting a Swedish massage while you walk. I’m hooked they’re great.
I loved my wally masuers

I was looking at the team lists, I think our bench is looking a lot stronger if it’s that kind of game.

A good battle of the fullbacks, but I’d expect Daine to still be a bit ginger.

If Hastings and Brooks play, we should overcome their halves, but Madden as late mail, he’s hit some form.

Newcastle must be in some kind of talks with Jockster. It’s too critical a position to second string. Even we realised that re Hastings procurement and our massive efforts to drag him home.

Souths letting Renno go for an extra 150 per season was the worst recruitment decision made in recent memory. His replacement is steady but lacks that magic.

Madge also has to produce to get another year and we get close to the 8, he might even get that. It would a remarkable turn, but maybe he needs a year with a more competitive side. Not starting up yet another civil war, but it’s a possibility.

Last edited:
Was thinking who would kick goals on Saturday? If Hastings has a foot injury, and Brooks coming back from a hamstring are either going to want to kick? Do we have another kicker?

Members online

Back