What's going to happen round 1

tigerballs

Raiders have a powerful forward pack and a gun hooker. Tigers have an equally powerful forward pack with two gun hookers. Raiders have a talented but unreliable half, Tigers same. Raiders have a big, fast, talented 5/8. So do Tigers but he's suspended. Raiders have a popular goal kicking centre who is slow as a wet week paired with a drunk who may or may not perform on game day. Tigers have a beastly former centre of the year and the fastest man in the world, both of whom may or may not perform on game day.
Tigers have a nearly top try scoring winger on one side and another winger on the other. Raiders have two wingers. Raiders have Charnze, we most likely have Daine.

5 minutes to go, Liddle takes off from dummy half against a tiring Raiders pack, drops it back inside to a supporting Simpkin who draws Charnze and put Laurie over under the posts. Who care who's kicking goals because we're 12 in front anyway and if we miss from right in front, doesn't matter.

Twal a kicker?:astonished:
https://twitter.com/WestsTigers/status/1367401419691597826?s=20

@tigerballs said in [What's going to happen round 1](/post/1310474) said:
Raiders have a powerful forward pack and a gun hooker. Tigers have an equally powerful forward pack with two gun hookers. Raiders have a talented but unreliable half, Tigers same. Raiders have a big, fast, talented 5/8. So do Tigers but he's suspended. Raiders have a popular goal kicking centre who is slow as a wet week paired with a drunk who may or may not perform on game day. Tigers have a beastly former centre of the year and **the fastest man in the world**, both of whom may or may not perform on game day.
Tigers have a nearly top try scoring winger on one side and another winger on the other. Raiders have two wingers. Raiders have Charnze, we most likely have Daine.

5 minutes to go, Liddle takes off from dummy half against a tiring Raiders pack, drops it back inside to a supporting Simpkin who draws Charnze and put Laurie over under the posts. Who care who's kicking goals because we're 12 in front anyway and if we miss from right in front, doesn't matter.

Enjoyed that Balls, especially the fastest bit in bold above.

Honestly we will probably lose 😂 but I hope we make it competitive and show we can hang with the big boys. Could even snag a close win

@jc99 said in [What's going to happen round 1](/post/1310485) said:
Honestly we will probably lose 😂 but I hope we make it competitive and show we can hang with the big boys. Could even snag a close win

That's just not good enough JC. I want the scenario of the last 5 minutes....

Tigers down by two. Twal puts in a chip and chase, 10 out, regathers, steps CNK and crosses over for a try. Tigers win.

We lose and this place goes crazy, I call for Pascoes head.

Tough gig this one particularly on their home front.
It will be interesting but we are definite underdogs with bookies ..... I’ll be happy with a close game whichever way it goes. Just hope we don’t get well and truly @#$&.

@tigerballs said in [What's going to happen round 1](/post/1310486) said:
@jc99 said in [What's going to happen round 1](/post/1310485) said:
Honestly we will probably lose ? but I hope we make it competitive and show we can hang with the big boys. Could even snag a close win

That's just not good enough JC. I want the scenario of the last 5 minutes....

Hey trust me so do I haha

I'm confident we'll roll Canberra in round 1 - weather won't be typical Canberra, plus it's a Sunday arvo game - we generally start well out of the blocks.

I'm very confident we can beat the Raiders through the middle - physically our pack is bigger for a change and with key personnel in the middle holding things together, I think we now have much more impact and go forward off the bench. Throw in some much needed speed out wide...provided we control the ball well, I'm confident we've got the cattle to knock them over.

@willow said in [What's going to happen round 1](/post/1310537) said:
I'm confident we'll roll Canberra in round 1 - weather won't be typical Canberra, plus it's a Sunday arvo game - we generally start well out of the blocks.

I'm very confident we can beat the Raiders through the middle - physically our pack is bigger for a change and with key personnel in the middle holding things together, I think we now have much more impact and go forward off the bench. Throw in some much needed speed out wide...provided we control the ball well, I'm confident we've got the cattle to knock them over.

Would be some feat if we could dominate the middle of the field, it's an elite forward pack

@tiger_fanatic3 said in [What's going to happen round 1](/post/1310518) said:
I could sum up a few if it makes it easier..

* Tigers MUST turn up for themselves and for eachother

* Start poor, going to end poor

* Smash their big guys around the feet/waist and not the body as they will fend, most efficient way

* Mark their playmakers as best as possible

* Frustrate CBR and limit the amount of offloades, no missed tackles

* Complete our sets, kick to corners, make them turn around every set, limit penalties, & convert

* Our attack needs to be fluent, if not in for a long night

We do the above 2 pts

Silence the Viking Horn.🖕🏻

So I guess Madge, should be frightened of his job.

@inbenjiwetrust said in [What's going to happen round 1](/post/1310482) said:
Twal a kicker?:astonished:
https://twitter.com/WestsTigers/status/1367401419691597826?s=20

The only thing that Twitter post guaranteed is Twal is probably our unofficial vice captain.
That was at the NRL season launch and N Cleary won the kicking comp.

@wt2k said in [What's going to happen round 1](/post/1310487) said:
Tigers down by two. Twal puts in a chip and chase, 10 out, regathers, steps CNK and crosses over for a try. Tigers win.

Twally Lewis?...

After a fairly even 1st half, the gruelling off-season pays dividends when the Raiders forwards start to show signs of fatigue and our boys start to gain the upper hand.
Repeat sets through Brooksy's boot, dummy half scoots and Laurie's fleet-footed forays as he pushes up around the ruck sends the pressure gauge up to maximum.
With the home side up by 2, the Tigers work the ball into the attacking zone and score out wide through a brilliant off-load by Lucky Luc to put us ahead on the scoreboard.
Sticky's men do their best to rally.
Papa goes beast-mode, Wighton strikes at the line like an Eastern Brown, the Englishmen throw themselves into the fray in a valiant effort to ensure victory on the hallowed turf of Bruce Stadium.
But alas, it's to no avail.
For, these magnificent men in Black, White and Gold desperately repel the attackers, raid after raid and grow in stature with every small victory.
By now, the signs are telling, and errors creep into the home sides game.
The pressure mounts.
Risks are being taken through sheer desperation.
Then it happens... a sloppy ball goes to ground from a disjointed Canberra attack and is scooped up by none other than Jimmy The Jet....
And away he goes, the earth scorched in his wake. None come close, neither defenders nor support players, as he breaks the sound barrier on his way to his first Wests Tigers four-pointer under the black dot.
The whole on-field team swamps him while the bench and fans spread far and wide erupt in celebration for a man who has faced such adversity and deserves to be back on top.
He's the man of the moment, but by no means the only hero in a Wests guernsey.
From here on in it's all one way traffic as the Mighty Tigers take the game by the scruff of the neck, continue their dominance until the full-time siren sounds and take their first step in silencing the doubters, the knockers, the disbelievers... and hand them the recipe for humble pie.

Anyway, thats what me and Johnny Walker reckon...

I will be happy with an 'A' for effort.

I expect to be down at half time, but come strong secong half because our fitness is always good early.

Latest posts

Members online

Back