What's going to happen round 1

I'm expecting raiders to win by between 1-8 points,which really is not a terrible result considering;

1.They are a top 4 side
2. Douehi,Musgrove,Blore missing
3. They have beaten the Tigers comprehensively the past few seasons

A win by the tigers would not entirely shock,most importantly though an 80 minute performance ,
with minimal errors,and a strong cohesive defence with good linespeed.

@tigger19 said in [What's going to happen round 1](/post/1313154) said:
I'm expecting raiders to win by between 1-8 points,which really is not a terrible result considering;

1.They are a top 4 side

A win by the tigers would not entirely shock,most importantly though an 80 minute performance ,

I’ll go out on a limb and say a tigers whitewash. I don’t think the Raiders have anything outside Whighton to trouble us, they’re pedestrian. We’ll match their forwards and run over them both left and right.

1.They are a top 4 side

I don't think we can really claim that Musgrove and Blore are missing. They've hardly been regular starters.

@rustycage said in [What's going to happen round 1](/post/1313280) said:

1.They are a top 4 side

I don't think we can really claim that Musgrove and Blore are missing. They've hardly been regular starters.

I just hope we play well and not get embarrassed.
A win would be a bonus.

Canberra looking to complete their sets and kick to the corners...
At least that’s what Weighton told me a couple of days ago...

@barra said in [What's going to happen round 1](/post/1313303) said:

I think thats every sides basic game plan.

Possession is nine tenths of the law, it's the same in the NRL.

That and RUN HARD-- TACKLE HARD, and you will win more then you lose. The basic are not rocket science!

Not sure how you define "comprehensively". We played the Raiders once last season. We led 4 - 0 at half time. The Raiders scored two tries in the second half, one while Packer was in the bin and won 6 - 14. It was a tight game.

Discipline for Joey and Russell are going to be a big factor today.

Praying that there are not going to be any brain snaps.

@hank37w said in [What's going to happen round 1](/post/1313341) said:
I was only just thinking about that the other day.

What a show that was.

Some players nearly had their gonads frost bitten, what a game!

@fibrodreaming said in [What's going to happen round 1](/post/1313335) said:

Not sure how you define "comprehensively". We played the Raiders once last season. We led 4 - 0 at half time. The Raiders scored two tries in the second half, one while Packer was in the bin and won 6 - 14. It was a tight game.

So since 2016 Wests Tigers and Canberra Raiders have played 8 matches with Raiders winning 7-1.
In those 8 games Raiders have scored a total of 284 points to tigers 74 ponts, definition comprehensive

@tigger19 said in [What's going to happen round 1](/post/1313366) said:

So since 2016 Wests Tigers and Canberra Raiders have played 8 matches with Raiders winning 7-1.
In those 8 games Raiders have scored a total of 284 points to tigers 74 ponts, definition comprehensive

That shows Canberra one of our Bogey teams with those stats. So let's average it out on past performances.
Canberra 36 - 10 that is the benchmark based upon averages. If we lose than more than 26 points is a shocking performance. Most betting agencies have us +9.5 points start and happy to take those odds based upon pre season.

Another stat since inception.

![eee006e1-8801-4cfe-95eb-35d664bef6bb-image.png](/assets/uploads/files/1615684207303-eee006e1-8801-4cfe-95eb-35d664bef6bb-image.png)

Funnily enough we used to have the wood on Canberra ourselves, im pretty sure from 2008? To 2014 we only lost maybe 1 game against them

It was ever since that walloping we copped a few years ago they’ve had the wood on us

Still wondering how what happened 3, 4 or 5 seasons ago will have any bearing on the result today.

I mentioned the match last year because the Raiders side today is very similar to the one we faced last year (the differences were Cotric and Croker were in the backline while Soliola started in place of Young). As I say, it was a tight match.

That has more relevance on getting a reading on today's game than the fact they put 60 points on us 5 years ago.

@fibrodreaming said in [What's going to happen round 1](/post/1313415) said:

Still wondering how what happened 3, 4 or 5 seasons ago will have any bearing on the result today.

I mentioned the match last year because the Raiders side today is very similar to the one we faced last year (the differences were Cotric and Croker were in the backline while Soliola started in place of Young). As I say, it was a tight match.

That has more relevance on getting a reading on today's game than the fact they put 60 points on us 5 years ago.

Ok Tigers have comprehensively been the better team despite winning 1 from 7

Interesting stat I just came across :
***Jack Wighton's left edge earned 37 tries to account for 42% of Canberra's total tries in 2020**.*
I wonder how different their gameplan will be with Hodgson in the team.

@barra said in [What's going to happen round 1](/post/1313303) said:

From whet I’ve seen so far hold the ball !!
Mistakes have the a far more impact than previous years.

Back