Where does Moltzen fit in?

I think it's funny watching people's opinions change … especially with the love/hate relationship some have with Moltzen.
Also glad I'm not the only one who occasionally looks at really old posts and has a giggle.

whats Moltz gonna do when Lawrence is back and when McKinnon isnt injured?? he isnt a bench player! he is a halfback and a good one at that….. give Lui a bit more experience in the State Cup, so he can learn to tackle.....
put Moltz in the 7, at least give him a chance!

@king sirro said:
The date of the post before yours Innk is 2009\. You re-hashed a thread just to prove a point against someone you dont like, at least be honest about it. Opinions change week to week in rugby league, let alone over a 2 year period.

You jumped to a conclusion.
I stumbled upon it.
Its a hot topic and is still relevant today.
Fair dinkum anyone would think Ive committed a crime. :unamused:
Lighten up man!

It's freaky how true the OP, CT, Geo and Kul are on the first page.

Hate off to them. Would never have thought Moltzen would end up this way 2 years ago.

As for tiger05, LMFAOOOO !!

@king sirro said:
Innk u honestly went to the trouble of finding a post from tiger05 made 2 years ago to throw at him? You two really need to sort yourselves out, its getting embarrassing. Remember your old saying….."judge the post, not the poster"?

When i saw this thread i thought, "what, i cant remember starting this", then i realised it was 2 bloody years ago, no wonder i cant remember it.

I wasn't gonna state this because I hate giving even more credit to the master debator (Ink as we all know him) but he does his homework.

One thing about making it in this world is that you have to really be prepared to do the hard work. The MD does that. He goes the extra step.

haha i love that…...its so funny.....But im sure if you did that with other threads you would also get plenty of laughs on how people change their minds more then there undies so to speak.

im consistent and i dont try and put players or coaching staff down or try and be a armchair coach.

Tiger05 wasnt the only one on there that changed his mind though.

Ink 1 - tiger05 definantly -1

you are all idiots he definetely has the running game for fullback which is why he should be first choice fullback next year, his running game is his strength don't know who you all have been watching

@drummertim said:
you are all idiots he definetely has the running game for fullback which is why he should be first choice fullback next year, his running game is his strength don't know who you all have been watching

You keep beating that drum if it makes you feel better but having a running game and playing well at fullback are two different things which you seem to be ignorant of.

I know a couple things that have been proven over the last couple of weeks:

1\. Moltzen is a gun and deserves a spot in the starting team.
2\. McKinnon has to go. He is too slow to play at this level.
3\. Lui is looking less and less like he has the ability to play at the NRL level. I hope I'm wrong because Moltzen at 1 and Lui at 7 if Lui was a weapon is the best option for the tigers.
4\. The anti-Moltzen sheep spammers are eating a whole lot of humble pie and it will take a massive turnaround for anything to change. Its probably not possible.
5\. Its poor form but I like being right.

*grabs some popcorn*

//4\. The anti-Moltzen sheep spammers are eating a whole lot of humble pie and it will take a massive turnaround for anything to change. Its probably not possible.//

who were these anti-Moltzen people? lots of people don't want him at fullback for sure, but is anyone actually anti-Moltzen?

@tiger05 said:
I know a couple things that have been proven over the last couple of weeks:

1\. Moltzen is a gun and deserves a spot in the starting team.
2\. McKinnon has to go. He is too slow to play at this level.
3\. Lui is looking less and less like he has the ability to play at the NRL level. I hope I'm wrong because Moltzen at 1 and Lui at 7 if Lui was a weapon is the best option for the tigers.
4\. The anti-Moltzen sheep spammers are eating a whole lot of humble pie and it will take a massive turnaround for anything to change. Its probably not possible.
5\. Its poor form but I like being right.

we are a better team with mackinnon at 1 by far,just watch his support play against the warriors today.Where was the last week against the knights when moltzen was at 1.moltzens best position when we have no injuries is 14.Lui better come good or moltzen then miller at 7

@Tigerdave said:
*grabs some popcorn*

//4\. The anti-Moltzen sheep spammers are eating a whole lot of humble pie and it will take a massive turnaround for anything to change. Its probably not possible.//

who were these anti-Moltzen people? lots of people don't want him at fullback for sure, but is anyone actually anti-Moltzen?

excuse me.Moltzens best position is the 1 the 1 with a 4 next to it.No 14 for tiger tim.

@magpie mania said:
@Tigerdave said:
*grabs some popcorn*

excuse me.Moltzens best position is the 1 the 1 with a 4 next to it.No 14 for tiger tim.

yeah 14 would be fine MM, but Lui really hasn't been setting the world on fire the last month, might be worth throwing Moltzen in at 7\. Depending on how Lui is injury wise, he'll probably be the 7 anyway.

we all know lui will be half if fit so we may aswell get on with it and support the boys no matter who is wearing wat number on the back

I am far from a molten hater and i tend to watch his performance closely because of his return from a very serious injury.But he did little positive on the field again today in fact he gave a stupid penalty away when trying to score or force a goal line dropout that was under 7s stuff.Dont get me wrong i want to see him back at his best but at the moment if we are at full strength he is playing reggies gaining confidence

@tiger05 said:
I have grown so much in the past 2 years. It amazes me.

Unfortunately the rest of you appear to still have no idea.

I get it now! You're a comedian! :slight_smile:

I am no Moltzen hater, I just fell we have better options at halfback than him (lui and for mine Miller is a rare talent)and Wade currently is a better fullback. I for one would be happy if we buy an established fullback for next year as Moltzen hasn't convinced me in that position so far.

I still feel Moltzen best spot for a full strength Tigers side is at #14 he could be really handy in such a role. If he wants to play #6 or #7 he should go to another club.

Only thing I have against Moltzen is with management, there is no way he should be on the reported dollars he is to get next year, he is not shown since injury that he is at that level (even before injury I would not have offered so much). This is why we have cap problems, we pay overs for a lot of our players before they have shown they deserve that money. The fact that we apparently tried to ship him elsewhere and their is no interest because of his wage says a lot about the management of our club.

Latest posts

Back