Who is our worst

I'll give u Fulton, however he did possess a wicked toughness that would have helped him translate to coaching. Meninga NO. He was a complete failure as an NRL coach and its well known he was more of a manager for a brilliant QLD team rather than a coach.
I suppose Clive Churchill and Norm Provan also should rate a mention as well.

As for the rest …. yes I agree with you that remaining top tear coaches were at best 2nd tear honest players.

As for Benji Farrah coaching combo we will need to wait and see. I have my fears as I’m running out of years to wait that one out.

I'm not defending him. I'm stating he was our best player. I wasn't the only one who saw it either.
He was trying …. maybe too hard and definitely overthinking stuff.
But the team around him was also not responding.
No one had any spark, there were no hole runners or players providing any worthwhile straight line attacking options.
And for a team that’s supposed to be taught to promote the ball there was just nothing …. just forwards running into opposition gang tackles and waisting tackles,

@Earl A halfback is supposed to direct attack around the park. The attack today against Newcastle, a wooden spoon contender already and today missing their best players and not even fielding 13 players, was unforgivably putrid.

@Earl A halfback is supposed to direct attack around the park. The attack today against Newcastle, a wooden spoon contender already and today missing their best players and not even fielding 13 players, was unforgivably putrid.

The problem is that you are others keep framing the issue into something that Brooks can't do. He isn't that guy. He isn't the guy to turn a dud attack into gold. He is a role player in the halves. He has been played that way for the past 2 seasons at least.

I rate myself our worst for sitting at Leichhardt two weeks in a row for 3 grades in the heat to see this garbage dished up in First grade.

KOE would have beaten the knights with Wakeham, Tupou and Asiata James having solid games. Sakura in the centres looks the good also.

I will be at Belmore next Sunday, so clearly I don’t learn like our team.

Where do I collect my participation award 😂😂😂

The halfback can’t catch everyone’s bombs for them. Players have to do their individual jobs well. Nobody did that today.

Imagine having a go at about the only go who did his job.

Our team (1-17) is just really weak compared to the rest of the comp. The players are all mainly first graders but they should be your weakest player, and we've just got a team of them.

1-6-7 probably the worst in the league.

Backs also worst in the league.

Forwards have actually looked good this year, considering the dropped ball, they've been great at winning back momentum only for the backline to muck up again.

Coaching also looks weak, they panic in the attacking quarter and the wingers rarely see the ball at the end of a backline movement.

Other teams have layers in their attack with wide running fullback giving depth and forwards running through the defensive line to offer options. But our only attack seems crash play or inside pass.

Then there's weird stuff like no one supporting good runs from Laurie, api and others who get their arms free or dart towards the line only for no one to go with them.

Then there's dumb stuff like nofo going for the big offload in traffic or brooks triple guessing before throwing a hospital pass and doueihi not being able to pass and Laurie and Simpkin just being really poor at passing.

Then with all that madness it puts pressure on everyone and they're pushing things they shouldn't.

You can change the team around if you want, but until they start working as a unit it will be of little consequence.

How can anyone possibly defend Brooks today? There would not be a half in the game, in NRL, NSW Cup, or Super League, who would have failed to guide their team to victory today.
Knights were already wooden spoon contenders, to then lose so many players to injury or bin - it should have been scientifically impossible to win.

Brooks is irredeemable
He was one of a handful that tried to win today. Unless you feel that the others gave up because brooks was the halfback? I can’t disprove that.

His job is to be the halfback, clearly he didn't do it.

This isn't really what you mean is it. You are really stating that unless Brooks steps up and creates lots of opportunities in the opposition attacking zone even if he doesn't get many chances plus he defends well plus he kicks well plus he doesn't have any mistakes then he can be considered to have a good game.

Does the same criteria apply to Api and AD ? They were worse and AD significantly worse than Brooks today.

AD wasn't a 6 today. Api wasn't a 9. Our forwards as a group today weren't really forwards today and our outside backs weren't really outside backs.

1-6-7 probably the worst in the league.

Backs also worst in the league.
Coaching also looks weak, they panic in the attacking quarter and the wingers rarely see the ball at the end of a backline movement.

It's hard to judge the coaching but they look poor.

Our spine and outside backs are really poor.

Then there's dumb stuff like nofo going for the big offload in traffic or brooks triple guessing before throwing a hospital pass and doueihi not being able to pass and Laurie and Simpkin just being really poor at passing.

Just really poor basic skills from some players.

Laurie, Nofa, Talau, Staines, Doueihi, Brooks, Seyfarth, Twal?

You would struggle to find as big a collection of crap in a water treatment plant
You can carry average...Joe O, Seyfarth and Twal all basically offer nothing but effort. You can carry one.

But you simply can't carry even one bad player in your spine...and we have three. Then it becomes a disaster.

I don't see why Staines is on the list, he has been fine and should be FB.

First to go will be Laurie. He is not an NRL player...lacks so, so, so, many basics skills and reads.

I think that late change today showed Sheens' hand for next week.

Then Brooks should be gone...but Sheens won't do that.

I have been a big AD fan...but he has been atrocious first two games and does not play smart enough for the spine. Looks a center at best.

This isn't really what you mean is it. You are really stating that unless Brooks steps up and creates lots of opportunities in the opposition attacking zone even if he doesn't get many chances plus he defends well plus he kicks well plus he doesn't have any mistakes then he can be considered to have a good game.

Does the same criteria apply to Api and AD ? They were worse and AD significantly worse than Brooks today.

AD wasn't a 6 today. Api wasn't a 9. Our forwards as a group today weren't really forwards today and our outside backs weren't really outside backs.
Just some basic direction around the park, is that too much to expect from a halfback?

You probably start by dropping nofo and Laurie.

Both have been making basic errors and haven't offered much. Laurie is definitely trying, so I feel bad for him, but he's not got size, skill or footy IQ enough to handle fullback. And his high error rate this year makes him a real liability.

No need to explain nofo, we all see it.

As poor as the halves have been, and brooks wouldn't have been my halfback to start with, I don't like changing those positions unless you've got talent below them. I also still can't help feeling that both doueihi and brooks should be better than they are.

Back