Who is the fastest tiger?

@happy tiger said:
@tigeru said:
Koro is actually quicker then Grant ever was. Currently Koroibete is the fastest closely followed by Corey Brown - Rowe, Taukafa and Simona (sprinted after cramping on Saturday) are also up there. Taukafa holds the NSW Cup 40 meter sprint speed records I believe.

_Posted using RoarFEED V.4_

Blokes who are fast over 40 aren't necessarily fast over the hundred

Example Teddy might be fast over 40 but he gets to his top speed within 10 metres and doesn't get faster where as others might not hit their near top speed at 40 m and are getting quicker at the 60

good example would be benji (in his prime) or jennings. Both have amazing acceleration but their top speed isn't quite as good. Koroibete would probably have a bit slower acceleration but far greater top speed.

Koro would have to be the fastest in the NRL.. Anyone else would struggle to come close to him. He's insanely quick.

Koro would have to be the fastest in the NRL.. Anyone else would struggle to come close to him. He's insanely quick.

As one of the previous posters mentioned, corowa beat the stawell gift winner of 78 steve proudlock in a 100 metre race at the wentworth park dogs for a 3,000 dollar winner take all purse, won by 2 metres off even start (thanks YouTube )

@happy tiger said:
Kevin Yow Yeh would of been up there from what I've been told

Darren Clark possibly , however as a 400 man you are looking at even splitting your 100's so they lack top line speed

And at the lower end of the scale Skando would have to be the slowest (Still love him though )

Of the current blokes Koroi just over Brown

Anyone want to put their own PB's over the 100 out there ??

My own PB is 11.6\. Ran that when I was 18\. When I was around 21 I got blown away by Michael Crockett. He was running about 11.2 when he was 15 and from memory he did break 11 seconds. Still remember one game against the Cowboys in 2006 when he scooted down the sideline and Matt Bowen couldn't even get a hand on him.

@Gray said:

He got run down in NSW Cup against Manly a couple of weeks ago.

Corowa is the fastest I have seen. For 2 or 3 seasons he was unbelievable. Not only quick off the mark, but could sustain it for the full 100 metres. I would have loved to have seen him run against Ken Irvine who many believe is the quickest winger ever to play the game.

@willow said:
@happy tiger said:
Kevin Yow Yeh would of been up there from what I've been told

Darren Clark possibly , however as a 400 man you are looking at even splitting your 100's so they lack top line speed

And at the lower end of the scale Skando would have to be the slowest (Still love him though )

Of the current blokes Koroi just over Brown

Anyone want to put their own PB's over the 100 out there ??

My own PB is 11.6\. Ran that when I was 18\. When I was around 21 I got blown away by Michael Crockett. He was running about 11.2 when he was 15 and from memory he did break 11 seconds. Still remember one game against the Cowboys in 2006 when he scooted down the sideline and Matt Bowen couldn't even get a hand on him.

Not bad Willow for an old fella like yourself

Probably the fastest junior I ever saw was Lynten Johnson he was from Thursday Island and would of been 55 kg wringing wet

He was a year younger than me at Ipswich Grammar and as a 14 year old ran 10.71

According to our athletics coach he was the fastest 14 yr old in the world at the time

He got a medal in world junior games ( I think ) and went threw a plate glass window and he sliced himself pretty badly when he was around 19-20

Never heard of again

Broke 11 about a dozen times and best was 10.84 Was horrendous out of blocks Football used to bugger my athletics because by the end of footy season had completely lost my athletics running style My old man and I were watching the Reds and he reckoned I looked like Rod Davies running wise playing footy :laughing: Had a bit of a gallop going :eek:pen_mouth:

400 would of been my best event if I'd worked on it

Was doing some 48's

Bloody hard to believe looking in the mirror these days

@innsaneink said:
I rememeber a trial game in 06 I think Crockett gave Brett Stewart about 15m start and ran him down

Crockett was quick and should have played more first grade.

@innsaneink said:
I rememeber a trial game in 06 I think Crockett gave Brett Stewart about 15m start and ran him down

Crockett was quick and should have played more first grade.

Sorry for posting my previous post 4 times by the way! Unless it's just my phone glitching but it looks like I did it 4 times, apologies :/

And Marika was coming off an injury that game wasn't he? And didn't look as though he'd fully recovered?

Sisa Waqa was nothing for Marika to chase down and tackle. And Simona bolting down the sideline against the cowboys last year, and the speed Marika comes up on his outside in in support is incredible.

@innsaneink said:

I remember that game Ink, it was a trial over at Brookvale where we got hammered. I remember Stewart going straight through with nothing but daylight in front of him and the speed Crockett showed was exceptional, as Stewart can motor.

@willow said:
@Gray said:

Was that when he took an intercept and didn't break into his full stride as someone managed to reach him, wouldn't say they chased him down. Marika has broken 11s over 100m on numerous occasions, the only player that would rival him in the NRL over 100 would be James Roberts and I don't know how his pace we'll be when he recovers from injury.

@willow said:
@Gray said:

Was that when he took an intercept and didn't break into his full stride as someone managed to reach him, wouldn't say they chased him down. Marika has broken 11s over 100m on numerous occasions, the only player that would rival him in the NRL over 100 would be James Roberts and I don't know how his pace we'll be when he recovers from injury.

A player people have forgotten is Matthew Reike. He was no slouch in the speed department.

@Chris said:
A player people have forgotten is Matthew Reike. He was no slouch in the speed department.

He was excellent off the mark. From memory though, Crockett has been clocked at 10.7-10.8 seconds. I reckon he's the quickest I've seen.

Koro would smoke anyone else who has played for the tigers IMO

Latest posts

Members online

Back