The narrative of the year....

We go for Ciraldo (Latrell, JAC)
He says no

We go back to Flannagan,
He's offended and moved on. (TPJ)

And we end up with Paul Green.
(Maumalo, Pauga, Gildart)

?

@oldschooltiger said in [Who Should Coach the Wests Tigers](/post/1476784) said:
Not who should but Who Wants to Coach the Wests Tigers

Bennett should really jump at it. He’s clubless and will definitely be ready to retire soon. Fits the mould of our regular targets.

The real question is who should choose the coach that coaches our team. Certainly not anyone who has chosen the last 6.

@the_third said in [Who Should Coach the Wests Tigers](/post/1477071) said:
The real question is who should choose the coach that coaches our team. Certainly not anyone who has chosen the last 6.

Different board composition selected the 6

@happy_tiger said in [Who Should Coach the Wests Tigers](/post/1476680) said:
Well I have heard a rumour

Supposedly Ciraldo said NO

That is funny ...real funny ...up there with the Bellamy NO

In that case SOP plan B in full swing..
Lee announces to media mates, “board can’t agree on sacking Maguire.
Pascoe goes to Madge with apology and exact same Harry T Platinum package of WT supporters gear.

@tiger5150 said in [Who Should Coach the Wests Tigers](/post/1476370) said:
@enmoretiger-0 said in [Who Should Coach the Wests Tigers](/post/1476365) said:
@terry-t-nuts said in [Who Should Coach the Wests Tigers](/post/1476362) said:
I think it has always been Flanagan on the board's wish list. As I have previously stated I would be shocked if Ciraldo joins the club. As much as I don't think getting rid of Madge is the answer unfortunately I have been addicted to this club since 1989 and I will continue to support whoever is in charge.' Just hope they get rid of Nofo and Brooks.

Madge should be the coach, sacking the coach now is ridicules.
The definition of stupidity is to continue doing the same thing and expecting a different out come.

Seriously not understanding your point. You are saying we should keep Madge, but stupidity is continuing doing the same thing and expecting a different out come? How do these two things go together?

By continually blaming the coach and sacking them, we have done that for 10 years.
Madge is the first coach we have had that is not a rookie coach. The roster was a mess and still has some way to go, people with more understanding of our situation than me have confirmed that Madge is not the problem, Gould.
Getting behind Madge now will send a message to the players who do not want to put in/step up etc.
Invest in Juniors, look how are junior teams are going, do not change course now.
I am sure Sheens would be putting this view to the board.

@enmoretiger-0 said in [Who Should Coach the Wests Tigers](/post/1477215) said:
I think it has always been Flanagan on the board's wish list. As I have previously stated I would be shocked if Ciraldo joins the club. As much as I don't think getting rid of Madge is the answer unfortunately I have been addicted to this club since 1989 and I will continue to support whoever is in charge.' Just hope they get rid of Nofo and Brooks.

The definition of stupidity is to continue doing the same thing and expecting a different out come.

Seriously not understanding your point. You are saying we should keep Madge, but stupidity is continuing doing the same thing and expecting a different out come? How do these two things go together?

By continually blaming the coach and sacking them, we have done that for 10 years.
Madge is the first coach we have had that is not a rookie coach. The roster was a mess and still has some way to go, people with more understanding of our situation than me have confirmed that Madge is not the problem, Gould.
Getting behind Madge now will send a message to the players who do not want to put in/step up etc.
Invest in Juniors, look how are junior teams are going, do not change course now.

Potter is the only Rookie coach since Lamb, and Lamb is the only other rookie in our history. You can't just make stuff up.

@cochise said in [Who Should Coach the Wests Tigers](/post/1477237) said:

Potter is the only Rookie coach since Lamb, and Lamb is the only other rookie in our history. You can't just make stuff up.

Really? you think Taylor was not a rookie?
Also Junior was a rockie coach also

@enmoretiger-0 said in [Who Should Coach the Wests Tigers](/post/1477241) said:

Junior had coached Balmain for 7 seasons when he got the WTs job.

Taylor had been SSFC coach and I think was interim coach at Eels. Not exactly rookies.

Taylor coached at Souths for 3 years and a short stint at Parra, Pearce had coached for like 6 years before he was Wests Tigers coach?

@helmesy said in [Who Should Coach the Wests Tigers](/post/1477250) said:

Taylor had been SSFC coach and I think was interim coach at Eels. Not exactly rookies.

Good call I forgot about Junior at Balmain, but to think Taylor was not a rookie, I can not accept that.
The issue is, that besides Tim, Madge is the only coach to win a GF.
Look at Panthers history before now, it does look very similar to ours, except the JV issue.
If we ignore how the history of how other clubs have progressed, we will be doomed to repeat our history

@enmoretiger-0 said in [Who Should Coach the Wests Tigers](/post/1477260) said:
@helmesy said in [Who Should Coach the Wests Tigers](/post/1477250) said:

Good call I forgot about Junior at Balmain, but to think Taylor was not a rookie, I can not accept that.
The issue is, that besides Tim, Madge is the only coach to win a GF.
Look at Panthers history before now, it does look very similar to ours, except the JV issue.
If we ignore how the history of how other clubs have progressed, we will be doomed to repeat our history

He had coached for 3 and half season before we signed him, that is not a rookie.

Taylor coached Parramatta

@jedi_tiger said in [Who Should Coach the Wests Tigers](/post/1477281) said:

He coached at Souths for 3 seasons.

@cochise said in [Who Should Coach the Wests Tigers](/post/1477282) said:
@jedi_tiger said in [Who Should Coach the Wests Tigers](/post/1477281) said:

He coached at Souths for 3 seasons.

forgot about souths where he got punched out lol

@bagnf05 said in [Who Should Coach the Wests Tigers](/post/1476911) said:
@oldschooltiger said in [Who Should Coach the Wests Tigers](/post/1476784) said:
Not who should but Who Wants to Coach the Wests Tigers

Bennett should really jump at it. He’s clubless and will definitely be ready to retire soon. Fits the mould of our regular targets.

I don't think Bennett would like Tim Sheens looking over his shoulder:grinning:

Taylor coached at Parra and Souths ....

It wasn't Pascoe who hired Junior, Lamb/Langmack or Potter. Not sure about Taylor. He did get Ivan the Terrible and Madge. I think he is ahead on this one.

Potter is the only Rookie coach since Lamb, and Lamb is the only other rookie in our history. ***You can't just make stuff up.***

Hello Cochise, you must be new here, welcome to the forum.

Taylor had coached Parra & Souffs prior to Tigers, Junior coached Balmain prior to WT.

EDIT: I should read the rest of the thread before posting.

Back