Who Should Coach the Wests Tigers

Amazed Jason Taylor hasn’t even got a vote off his biggest supporter.

@cktiger said in [Who Should Coach the Wests Tigers](/post/1469893) said:
Amazed Jason Taylor hasn’t even got a vote off his only supporter.

Fixed for accuracy

@jadtiger said in [Who Should Coach the Wests Tigers](/post/1469896) said:
@cktiger said in [Who Should Coach the Wests Tigers](/post/1469893) said:
Amazed Jason Taylor hasn’t even got a vote off his only supporter.

Fixed for accuracy

There's a Jason Taylor supporter?
??

@demps said in [Who Should Coach the Wests Tigers](/post/1469806) said:
What kinda qualifications or experience does one need to become an NRL head coach?

In your opinion.

A Frontal Lobotomy.

@thedaboss said in [Who Should Coach the Wests Tigers](/post/1469561) said:
Title thread Fixed..

Sneens as head coach for 2 years. Bring back Payton with Robbie (forwards) and Hodgson (backs) as assistants with potentially Benji as specialty halves coach. Let them develop the juniors and induct them into what it means to play for the WT means. The identity that has gone missing.

@wt2019 said in [Who Should Coach the Wests Tigers](/post/1469940) said:
Title thread Fixed..

Sneens as head coach for 2 years. Bring back Payton with Robbie (forwards) and Hodgson (backs) as assistants with potentially Benji as specialty halves coach. Let them develop the juniors and induct them into what it means to play for the WT means. The identity that has gone missing.

I called in to my sort of local servo in Kramback for petrol recently @WT2019 and a bloke at another pump noticed my Wests Tigers rego plates.
We started talking and he said he was also a WT fan and knew both Benji and Farah, and said they dont like each other.
So it seems there is no way they would work together as WT coaches.

@avocadoontoast said in [Who Should Coach the Wests Tigers](/post/1469730) said:
@hsvjones said in [Who Should Coach the Wests Tigers](/post/1469626) said:
This just shows Madge is the clear winner and needs to be retained and some players need to go..
Hope he stays and clears out the deadwood.

Lol more than 50% want him gone.

Results not going the way you thought, huh?

@tigerwest said in [Who Should Coach the Wests Tigers](/post/1469961) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Who Should Coach the Wests Tigers](/post/1469730) said:
This just shows Madge is the clear winner and needs to be retained and some players need to go..

Lol more than 50% want him gone.

Results not going the way you thought, huh?

63% of people want him gone as coach. I thought it would be higher but it’s still overwhelming. Just 37% of people want him to stay

Title thread Fixed..

Payton has no clue

@the_patriot said in [Who Should Coach the Wests Tigers](/post/1469596) said:
Farah

Because he should be there in the options.

Just another ridiculous thread, Mick Potter and Taylor but no Farah who people have actually talked about.

Rubbish.

Think you’re the taking the poll too seriously

I votes woolfe, can't believe he has less votes than Brad Fittler.

I missed the "other" option which would have covered off on my other choices such as Stephen Kearney & Elton John.

@bathursttiger1 said in [Who Should Coach the Wests Tigers](/post/1469938) said:
@demps said in [Who Should Coach the Wests Tigers](/post/1469806) said:
What kinda qualifications or experience does one need to become an NRL head coach?

In your opinion.

A Frontal Lobotomy.

I'd rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Filter not ruling the job out. I don't think he can coach, but I think it would signal a new age approach, which might attract some of the players we've scared off.

So do we want a bloke who won't scare players off but can't coach?

I really hate where we are at, I'm going to take up watching badminton.

@tiger5150 said in [Who Should Coach the Wests Tigers](/post/1469629) said:

More that 50% want Madge gone and he is the "clear winner"? Hell of an endorsement.

That wasn’t the poll question…The question was posed though as who should coach the Wests Tigers..Maguire is the leader.. doesn’t say much for the other candidates

Time for a new poll!
Madge - Stay
Madge - Go

@geo said in [Who Should Coach the Wests Tigers](/post/1470092) said:
@tiger5150 said in [Who Should Coach the Wests Tigers](/post/1469629) said:

More that 50% want Madge gone and he is the "clear winner"? Hell of an endorsement.

That wasn’t the poll question…The question was posed though as who should coach the Wests Tigers..Maguire is the leader.. doesn’t say much for the other candidates

It says more about wanting mediocrity.. if that’s the case the club has no future !

According to today's The Australian newspaper (Brent Read) Madge looks like staying and Pascoe is going..

@tony-soprano said in [Who Should Coach the Wests Tigers](/post/1469967) said:
Title thread Fixed..

Payton has no clue

Nooo, that's not true.

Payton gets some things, but misses others. Payton would be an awesome forwards or defensive coach.
He gets structure (I don't know how, but he gets it). He gets how to work forwards.
He will fail at the Cows because he doesn't get the whole team position thing. Likewise Madge, gets centers gets attack, but does not get defense or what people should be working on.

I am thinking we need 50/50 Wests tigers players and outsiders.
Sironen, Payton or Farah as our defensive coach.
Pat Richards or Hodgson as a playmaker/tricks/attack coach.
We need someone external as the halves/spine coach. We don't get it, we never ever have.

If Cooper Cronk could be bought, for any money up to 1 million I would sign him immediately as head coach.
He gets spine, he gets structure and he gets why little things are done.

Latest posts

Back