Wooden spoons get won in the off season: Our 2,3,4,5.

Yeah, but Benji taking over changes things IMO.

He does not have the personality to cop hammerings and a spoon...

And the club simply can't afford three in a row. We have to act.
Agree - sure 2025 might be when the perceived ducks line up, but we need to be showing improvement next year so 2025 can build on the momentum gained in 24.

I'd probably go with these guys in these positions.

2. David Nofoaluma
3. Starford To’a
4. Triston Reilly
5. Junior Tupou

Ideally we get Staines or some other fast outside back.

Nofo and Tupou can hit the ball up hard and score points. I like To'a. Centres like Staggs go missing regularly. It's a tough position. I think To'a makes most teams. Reilly can do a job but he probably isn't going to push the needle.

Nadan is a good back-up player. Feledy might make it at some point in his career but I can't see him being great. Maybe Doueihi can come into the centres but he'd have to learn to defend. Kepaoa is I suppose a back-up but personally I view him more as a forward now. I suppose he might have an impact.

At their best and if they are fit they can do the job. The reality is they aren't going to be at their best and yes it's probably the worst back 5 in the comp.

I don't think Nofo is that bad but he is slow and paid a massive salary and if you have a guy on that much on the wing you really have to get heaps more out of them.

As for the club not doing anything I don't know who we can realistically recruit to fix these issues. I think we need to recruit kids and it's going to take a couple of seasons for our backline to improve.
Earl I thought knew better than that.
2 and 3 have been tried, and failed repeatedly, and whilst imo Reilly and Tupou have some potential, we need a major injection into
our centres/wingers otherwise we’ll continue to fail.

Agree - sure 2025 might be when the perceived ducks line up, but we need to be showing improvement next year so 2025 can build on the momentum gained in 24.
The ducks were supposed to be lined up this year with all the new signings,

Earl I thought knew better than that.
2 and 3 have been tried, and failed repeatedly, and whilst imo Reilly and Tupou have some potential, we need a major injection into
our centres/wingers otherwise we’ll continue to fail.
I don't understand the hate for To'a. He is 23. I think he is easily our best outside back.

Apparently the boss earned himself a trip to Vietnam after two absolutely stellar seasons. Maybe he found some outside backs in Ha Long Bay. Lol to anyone who expects urgency from this club, always next year 🤣

Well centre has been a problem for a decade yet nothing has been done.

One day wel get a nrl worthy centre.
Toa is playing for his country so someone thinks he can play .Give the bloke a chance he will be very good next year

Toa is playing for his country so someone thinks he can play .Give the bloke a chance he will be very good next year
Hes playing wing. He had one greta game, some decenr games and alot of ordinary games. Hes 22 or so and has played alot of NRL games.

Giving a player a chance has been the motto of this club for 12 years.

Bula is a star after 3-4 games.

Hes playing wing. He had one greta game, some decenr games and alot of ordinary games. Hes 22 or so and has played alot of NRL games.

Giving a player a chance has been the motto of this club for 12 years.

Bula is a star after 3-4 games.
22 is not old most centres take to 25 to peak

I don't understand the hate for To'a. He is 23. I think he is easily our best outside back.
Toa's a career tourist. Showed glimpses at Newcastle & 1 good game for us.
He's content being selected in 1st's.

Is Staines in the mix?
You would hope so...

Strange though as the top 30 is full.

Only can presume he has been told to wait and someone will be moved on.

Knowing us though, he will end up at Parra and top try scorer's list in 2024...

Didn’t Wakeham also play for his country? It’s an honour to play for your country regardless of what nation it is, but let’s not pretend the level of competition for spots for the island nations is as intense and competitive as it is for Australia.

To be honest I think we are much more dependent on our halves coming good than our outside backs. The problem is that outside backs that can actually have an impact makes the halves job a lot easier.
I'm going to disagree with you earl.

I think the focus on our halves detracted from our backline.
Because the backline isn't fixed, our halves Sucked and the effort our forwards made was for Nothing.

Ivan Cleary makes Nathan Cleary's job easy. He really does, because he gets the forward pack to give Cleary a stack of room, which lets Cleary strategise.

Having backs that can defend and backs that can cross the line makes Nathan's job easier. Brooks doesn't have the goods, but when it came options to pass too, they just were not there.

Back