Woods Misses out - Tim grant picked.

I think Keefs big 7 minutes in the last game last year let him down….....

IM KIDDING
\
\
_Posted using RoarFEED 2012_

Unlucky for Woods. Well done to Tim Grant though.
Woods' time for State of Origin will come.
\
\
_Posted using RoarFEED 2012_

Woods should train with the squad, Galloway has had the experience before so it wouldn't really improve him as a player. If anything, both of them being left out just increases our chances against Melbourne on Friday, it's the best case scenario as a Tigers supporter in my opinion.

Woods wasn't snubbed btw, they're letting him develop. He hasn't had a full season in the starting side yet remember.

Even though the correct answer is = as dumb as a post, deep down i wanna believe big blocker is trying to look after the Tigers hence his support of the anti Farah agenda over the years. I really dont care about NSW these days. The poor selections for 5 or 6 years has made it completely meaningless to me. Id much prefer to see The Tigers go all the way then Sticky's Blues win anything.

Some people get Origin, others don't.

I am absolutely tonguing for a NSW series win. I'd honestly give anything for it.

I have no issues with Grant, but would of found a spot for Woods, but I have no doubt he will be there next year, if not Game 3, particularly if we go down 2-0\. Galloway to me is playing well, but he's definitely at least behind Woods in my view.

The big issue for Galloway and Woods is Stuarts "revolutionary" coaching, where he's only picking 2 props. If he was to pick 3-4 props hypothetically the last spot could only go to Woods, Galloway or maybe Mannah.

Woods unlucky,KG too,Grant can't argue,Merrrin deserves to stay there,Creah however,that is just mind boggling,Gallen at lock is a given,and about time too,NSW will win.

Can you believe that Buhrer is 18th man ??

So technically Woods has been demoted I hope Keefy and Woods take it out on the Melbourne this weekend

Rate Grant pretty highly i just dont see the value of trent merrin , im 50/50 over woods i would like to see him ready for next years origin cos he will be there every yr from that anyway .

Woods has been absolutely fantastic but Grant totally deserves his spot. He is completely underrated.

Creagh is a waste of space and shouldn't be there. I also don't see how Merring will make such an impact off the bench. It is a great decision to bring back Watmough. He was def missing from game 1.

Anyway, congrats to Grant. I for one am happy he is there. He increases our chances of winning just as Woods would.

I do feel more sorry for Galloway. Woods' time will come, it is just a matter of time.

We also get Woods for next weeks match. :smiley:

Rotten luck for Woodsy but his time will come. Gall was close again and it is quite conceivable that we have the NSW front row in 2013.

Good News on the Tigers front for next weeks game against the storm down Mexico way.

Very happy to see our Tigers in 4th position on the ladder on this damp winter evening…

Woods is unlucky, but Grant is a very good prop and a good selection IMO , as others have said Creagh is the lucky selection
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

@alex said:
Grant's call up is well deserved. How Merrin and Creagh hold their spots is beyond me. Stuart even admits he uses Creagh in the front row. Why not just pick an inform prop?! He's not even playing that well in the back row this year.

I don't know whose selections frustrate me more … Sheens or Stuart

By and large I agree. I'd have both Galloway and Woods ahead of Creagh and Merrin, but I'd imagine both boys will be fired up for the Storm on Friday night. It's another chance for the guys to step up against the competition front runners and prove a point.

I just don't see what more they have to do?

They're both in amazing form. Playing huge minutes. Racking up metres in attack and defending their back sides off. They've led the pack to six straight wins. Outplayed the huge Warriors pack, two Australian props against the Cows and two Origin props this weekend. Woods hasn't missed a game since his debut (or maybe just one or two) so he's playing 100% fit.

:wtf

im glad he didnt get picked as he can play for us against melbourne, but sad for him that he didnt get picked as he would do great and deserves it after how he has played so far this year, bad luck for KG too not to get in

I think Sauce was more unlucky he's playing great structure and discipline which is what the Blues missed a bit in Game 1\. Both deserved the call up but reckon Woodsy will be better with another NRL season under his belt and the confidence this will give him too. But great effort from both boys to be talked up, the front row is finally getting some recognition it deserves.

Happy for Grant, glad Watmough is there and Gallen is back at lock. Merrin is improving with each game - no issue there, but Creagh must seriously have the dirt on someone - why else would he be picked every year? I liked him as a club player a couple of years ago, and thought he deserved selection then, but he has proven to be totally ineffective at SOO level. Yet somehow he still manages to get selected. Also, St George are playing pretty badly this year and even Creagh's club form has been average at best. Something really wrong with this, imo.

Would've been nice to see either Woods or Galloway get a run, but I'm very happy that they'll both be playing with us this week :slight_smile:

Next year for Woods I suspect. Keefy's unlucky but would have probably just warmed the bench. At least he gets a full game wih us.

Must agree with previous re. Greagh. Should not be there at all

Back