Your Team 2023

I reckon Doueihi may push for a release if he doesn't want to play centre and a team like dolphins offer him a position at 6

It's a long season. Everyone is feeling confident in the off-season.

Staines
Nofo
Nadden
AD
Ken
Laurie
Brooks
Klemmer
Appi
Pole
Bateman
Pappi
Joffa

Steph ,Blore , Twal , smith

1. Tupou
2. Nofa
3. Naden
4. Kepoa
5. Staines
6. Doueihi
7. Brooks
8. Klemmer
9. Korisau
10. Stefano
11. Papali'o
12. Bateman
13. Ofa

14. Laurie
15. Pole
16. Blore
17. Twal

1. Staines
2. Nofoaluma
3. Naden
4. Doueihi
5. Maumalo
6. Laurie
7. Brooks
8. Klemmer
9. Api
10. Twal
11. Papalii
12. Bateman
13. Ofahengaue (c)

14. Utoikamanu
15. Pole
16. Blore
17. Simpkin

I reckon that's a big, powerful side. Not sure if Laurie will cut it at five eighth but willing to chance it. Twal is better as a starter, not an impact player off the bench. Agree that Ofahengaue is not really a lock but we need the best set of forwards out there.

based it a little off recent info and personal opinion. I believe we’ve got enough utility value across the entire starting 13 to not carry a versatile 14 on the bench.

1. Staines
2. Tupou
3. Talau
4. Doueihi
5. Naden
6. Laurie
7. Brooks
8. Klemmer
9. Koroisau
10. Ofahengaue (c)
11. Papali’i
12. Bateman
13. Matamua

14. Blore
15. Twal
16. Utoikamanu
17. Pole
I'm curious why you want Twal on the bench? He is a work horse but offers no impact.

Soo much more variation in these teams than there was this time last year. Really interested to see the make up of the bench this year. Madge was very poor with his rotations (admittedly he didn't have much to work with), also really seems like we don't have genuine utility currently in the top 30, as opposed to the past few years where basically everyone got a turn at wearing the 14.

I read somewhere we're looking to fill our last spot with a back?
I would of thought so too, we also usually keep a spot open for a mid year hire (ie brooks goes down and need to upgrade smith)

However wouldn’t say no to Brown. I think he really rounds out the pack nicely

Our bench has been inadequate for years because we are always chasing the game. Maybe if we find ourselves in front after 20-25 mins, solid players like Twal can come on and simply do a job?

The runway is clear for him to play 6 here. No real competition. Behind our improved pack he either plays well and earns a good playmaker deal going forward or that 900K becomes fantasy land stuff.
think at the moment in 2023 wr need a centre and he can play that. As what happened with Hastings if Sheens doesn't think Doueihi is the long term 6 then he will probably play centre and fill a gap in 2023.
Think he can play well at centre but also believe he wants to play 6 so he will head elsewhere in 2024 like Hastings did.
Have a feeling Sheens will go with speed in halves with Brooks 7 and Laurie 6

If the halves don't work, there.s the option of Api going to 1/2, and Brooks to 5/8. and bring in a hooker. Api has played a fair bit at 1/2. I hope it doesn't eventuate, but anything is possible.

think at the moment in 2023 wr need a centre and he can play that. As what happened with Hastings if Sheens doesn't think Doueihi is the long term 6 then he will probably play centre and fill a gap in 2023.
Think he can play well at centre but also believe he wants to play 6 so he will head elsewhere in 2024 like Hastings did.
Have a feeling Sheens will go with speed in halves with Brooks 7 and Laurie 6
You could be right but nothing I have seen from Laurie indicates he’s a six. Seems just as shy as Brooksy. Happy to be proven wrong.

Back