Zane Musgrove

Looks as though Chee Kam is free to play as for Musgrove he is allowed to train with us but will not have his Nrl contract registered with us until after his court case is resolved then its up to the Nrls descretion.

@Tiger78 said:
Looks as though Chee Kam is free to play as for Musgrove he is allowed to train with us but will not have his Nrl contract registered with us until after his court case is resolved then its up to the Nrls descretion.

Under the new rules though isn't he under the line of 11 years, so therefore wouldn't require the stand down?

Or is it the dictator Greenberg's discretion and he can stand down whoever he likes?

@Tiger78 said:
Looks as though Chee Kam is free to play as for Musgrove he is allowed to train with us but will not have his Nrl contract registered with us until after his court case is resolved then its up to the Nrls descretion

I was just going say the same @Tiger78 as Musgrove has a history of passed indiscretions both he and Chee Kam will be in court on the 5th of March, so it a case of wait and see….

I can sort of understand the NRL discretion clause instead of a standard stand down rule.

For example - If a player commits a first offence (not under the 11 year rule) Greenburg may stand him down for a month. Now imagine if Matt Lodge was to commit a similar offence now.

@Fraze23 said:
Under the new rules though isn’t he under the line of 11 years, so therefore wouldn’t require the stand down?

Or is it the dictator Greenberg’s discretion and he can stand down whoever he likes?

It's under 11 years so they still have the discretion to stand down and while "they're making no determination of guilt or innocence" they have stood down Walker and Musgrove using that discretion who just happen to be the players in most jeopardy of conviction (Musgrove's case reportedly involves CCTV and Walker's involves a good samaritan witness with no axe to grind).

No. He was released by Souths to join us. He's technically been uncontracted since then (November/December…) and been training with us for free with the idea he would be back-paid once contract is registered.
If his hearing is on Monday i don't know why the NRL would bother stating he's not registered on Friday.

The trouble with all this is the assumption of guilt and that they actually did commit an offence. That will be proven by a court. This is getting to be guilt by social media. We wouldn’t have all the facts and neither would the NRL. I think it’s a disgraceful approach. Don’t get me wrong if they are found guilty then by all means throw the book at them. But I defiantly don’t like the assumption of guilt until proven innocent.

Depends on who Lodge is playing for, if its Rorters or Donkeys then it wont be a problem.

@Nelson said:
It’s under 11 years so they still have the discretion to stand down and while “they’re making no determination of guilt or innocence” they have stood down Walker and Musgrove using that discretion who just happen to be the players in most jeopardy of conviction (Musgrove’s case reportedly involves CCTV and Walker’s involves a good samaritan witness with no axe to grind).

Makes you wonder what the point of the 11 year line is if they are just going to stand blokes down at their own discretion anyway?

Apparently one of the factors in “discretionary” penalties is violence against women and/or children.

So I assume MCK will be free to play and will watch with interest as other indiscretions arise.

Some clubs (the usual suspects) will be able to bypass this by paying off the victim before it ever gets near the legal system.

So when a player gets injured for five months, the club gets no compensation to sign another player (unless it's six months I believe), so then they should go out and be assault a woman or a child, be charged with a criminal offence, and the club can be compensated for two thirds of their value.

Hitting another man is won't do, unless maybe it's a coward punch when the man is not looking, that might get you charged and get the cap compensation.

Then when the injury is healed, get the charges dropped (it was all an inside job anyway, and the victim/assistant gets paid off handsomely) and the NRL has to reinstate the player.

So one player gets injured, get another for free, and when the injury is healed keep both. Sounds like a great idea Toddy you nitwit.

Any latest information on Musgrove? I thought he was to attend court today.

Thanks, let's hope it is resolved one way or other very soon. Wests Tigers are already missing a very good forward in Chris Lawrence who is reported to be out of action for the next few months.

So if Musgrove is gone either way does anyone know if we have a replacement in the works?
We should have 2 spots available and would welcome anyone at this stage.

Fairly sure he is our last player with Jennings taking spot 29,so if we dont get him 1 spot open

oh yeh.. We need a big guy so if he got off I would give him a chance.

Based on the article/s that mention that Musgrove was gone regardless of the outcome, why is he still training with us? Or are we really waiting on an outcome and the info was off target?

Have a guess everyone else is.There are a couple of people who post here who are usually on the mark with their information,they have kept quiet about it

How recent was the training photo? The only info I've seen is in a Daily Telegraph gossip column. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we're officially distancing ourselves but having something set up for a good result.

Back