‘200 passes every day’

I believe there was a post months ago, about the Tigers using a guy to re coach passing skills. He had had good results at other clubs, It appears that people get lazy, and get in bad positions to pass accurately. Like a golf swing, and muscle memory,. Loss of posession is a big factor now, and much of it relates to a poor pass. Everything helps, and the the training would give the players some variation.

I get a little nervous hearing nothing but "attack footy" all preseason.

Puts a lot of expectations on us to be putting on big points and unnecessary backlash if we don't.

I understand the PR behind it with the whole "new era" vibe... but just hope we aren't getting 50 put on us each week because we never learnt to defend.
We have increased the amount of strong defenders in the side. Our two new 2nd rowers are both defensively strong. Also Klemmer and Api in the middle as well.
*Note; Nofo most likely will still be chasing butterflies out there on the wing.

Nice to see some sort of comment from Douhei. He’s been in absentia for a while now.
Agree that until we actually win a game or 2 we cant assess the 2023 style.
The stats quoted about 2005 team of av 29 for and 22 against, remind of when Alan Jones came to LO and said I don’t care if we concede 35 points a game, long as we score 36 !
Hope it doesn’t come to that or will need extra sedatives.

Geez how good would it be that he either sets the 1st try up off an offload or even better he passes at the line to Laurie running off his hip and supports on the inside scoring under the sticks.

No club would anticipate that in round 1 from Twal.
Or if he scores himself

We have increased the amount of strong defenders in the side. Our two new 2nd rowers are both defensively strong. Also Klemmer and Api in the middle as well.
*Note; Nofo most likely will still be chasing butterflies out there on the wing.
I don't think Nofo will play the full season to many hungry guys chasing his spot Sheenius will hook him I have heard Nofo to Parramatta for the last two seasons but the Dragons mite pick him up then they would have the opportunity to play 7 ex Tigers in there starting 17 what dreams my come for dragon surporters

I don't think Nofo will play the full season to many hungry guys chasing his spot Sheenius will hook him I have heard Nofo to Parramatta for the last two seasons but the Dragons mite pick him up then they would have the opportunity to play 7 ex Tigers in there starting 17 what dreams my come for dragon surporters
What are the odds we’ll hear this on ABC grandstand. Woods offloads to Musgrove who is tackle & plays the ball. Liddle to Mybe, passes to Suli cuts out B.M.M who sets up Nofo in the corner. fantastic try. Brilliantly coach but Griffen.
A million-to-one?

What are the odds we’ll hear this on ABC grandstand. Woods offloads to Musgrove who is tackle & plays the ball. Liddle to Mybe, passes to Suli who sets up Nofo in the corner. fantastic try.
A million-to-one?
And you hear big BMM screaming from the bench in the background

There is an analogy with the basketball, the NBA players frequently talk about "high IQ" game.
For years the WT game was "low IQ", if not dumb! :cry:
Was that because :
- we acquired mostly "low IQ"/dumb players,
- our game plan was "low IQ"/dumb , or
- all of the above? :unsure:

If Bateman isn’t ready to start. Blore might be at RHS 2nd row and Twal on the bench.
*not sure who is next cab off the rank after Blore as a edge forward.
At the training session last Friday, Blore didn’t participate in the scrimmage and Seyfarth started on the right edge for the first team.

I don't mind these.

I wish they wouldn't give other clubs insight into any innovation.

Me too. I've never understood why some get upset about positive articles in the off season. What other option is there? If we put nothing out, then people get frustrated at not knowing what's happening in the pre season. 3rd option is to put out negative articles, continually down playing things. Who wants that?

Nothing wrong with hearing the group is positive and enjoying things etc.

Me too. I've never understood why some get upset about positive articles in the off season. What other option is there? If we put nothing out, then people get frustrated at not knowing what's happening in the pre season. 3rd option is to put out negative articles, continually down playing things. Who wants that?

Nothing wrong with hearing the group is positive and enjoying things etc.

I think after sustained failure I think people get sick of hearing how they're having their best pre-season ever and how things are going to be different.

I read this article and Cried.

Sheens expects us to score an extra 8-16 points. Sure we *may* have that in us.

Yet we don't seem to be fixing defence. We cannot pass our way out of our soft as butter defence.

Instead of 200 passes we should be doing 200 tackles! Arrgh Cmon Sheens, coach some defence and not rollout the 2005 gameplan!

Teams are better and more professional now. Old tactics won't work.

Back