321 Vs Slimers

I think if you look at that game objectively we did plenty wrong. Musgrove and some of our other forwards need better back up. Twal was very good but Garner, Madden and Mikaele don’t add enough.
Man I disagree on garner . I thought when he came on , his yardage work and strong edge defence caused them to resort to Bomb and hope . As they were attacking that edge until at will .
Mika has never developed unfortunately . He’s another Ava . Both I thought would progress higher than they did . Madden is a elite reserve grader , and when AD comes back there won’t be a place for him in firsts I think .

3. Hastings - gee he brings energy to the team.
2. Brookes - has he found his position and Batman in Hastings? Still not a fan of many of his 5th tackle kicks.
1. Simkin/ To'a - Simkin finally had a decent game/ To'a will grow into a 1st grader hopefully. Played well today.

3. The team
so many deserved points
effort from
Hastings Brooks , Twally , Offa , Nofo , Dane , Lucy Toa , all of them

3.Hastings
2.Twal ( what an improvement)
1.Brooks

Was sitting right in front of the Moses attempt with my 11 yr old son and we celebrated that miss like we had just won the premiership and copped beer for behind for our troubles, you can imagine the excitement when Hastings nailed it. Wow!!!!!

3 Hastings
2 Brooks
1 Twal, among quite a few good performers in the fowards

Thought the other spine players, Laurie and Simpkin were good. These guys have some upside. Just about every player had a dig. Hopefully, that continues

3. Twal - tireless effort in the middle
2. Brooks - great game love to see it often
1. Hastings - the man with the football IQ we have been crying out for.

Great effort by all 17, but to narrow it down:

3 - Hastings (3 huge kicks were the difference..the try assist to Nof, his sideline conversion and obviously the match winner!)
2 - Brooks (Best game in quite some time. Good pass selection for his try assists and even looked crisp passing from dummy half)
1 - Simpkin (Showed that potential we have been waiting for. A threat from dummy half makes a huge difference to what our halves can do off the back of it. Hoping only a minor injury setback).

HM - Twal. Been critical of him of late. However, he did the tough stuff and looked dangerous in attack for a change (even think he threw a pass in there).

Back