NRL invests (?) 17ish million a year. At some point they have to start questioning their investment. Wests can’t be pulling huge numbers for fox/9. I do believe in the right hands the club has potential to be a huge money spinner for the NRL/broadcasters but how long do they wait for “the sleeping giant”. Dolphins have shown a well run club can have instant success/support. You can’t tell me they arn’t looking at the whole of the central coast and picturing a bears franchise out of Gosford. I just hope they step in and kick management and give it a try before kicking the club.
Your dreaming the fact that all the ambulance chases in the media use us for click bait says opposite to your statement. We are strongly supported and the media know it, hence the high media presence, compared to the flogs for example!

Their recruitment has defied logic, even more than usual. Sheens admitted himself he thinks Brooks is more of a 6. He then said he believes Doueihi is the best fullback at the club. We have effectively started the year without a dominant half. Brandon Wakeham was signed right at the end of pre-season. It is disastrous, chaotic and embarrassing.
We're looking for a dominant half now. What was Jacko?

I just don’t understand how our halves situation has gone from bad (last year), to diabolical now.

I guess I naively thought that Sheens, the attacking genius he is, bringing in a renewed attack focus to the side, would give our halves the capability to successfully pass the ball to someone and have them catch it. Or maybe follow some semblance of a structure, rather than aimlessly running around the field so disjointedly that you can literally see them second guessing themselves.

And now we’ve moved one of them to fullback (apparently he’s actually the best fullback at the club) after three rounds and are on the hunt for a new halfback. I think all we’re asking for at this point is to not be embarrassed every week.
I drank the kool-aid and thought the same. Makes me think now what the hell did we do in the pre season. How quickly it all unravelled. Now it feels like we are just trying to mask what is going to be another wooden spoon but this time from 17th.

I dont think its a big call to say we could be two or three wins from our first 4 if our halves had done their job.

Our overall team is vastly improved, we can see really good forwards, decent structure, the outside backs are doing their jobs. I can see the green shoots. However the halves have been absolute trash.

The club is trying to fix that and people want to have a go at them for doing exactly what most of have asked for = improve the halves.

Makes you think that as a result of the constant media bashing and reality of zero wins our fans have lost the plot.

Its not all doom and gloom. We just need someone to control and take charge of this team.

My opinion and it seems the coaches is that that man is not at this club right now so we need to go find one.
You make good points but have you forgotten that Sheens decided that Brooks was the man when he had an opportunity to offload him? The horse has bolted for this year.

You make good points but have you forgotten that Sheens decided that Brooks was the man when he had an opportunity to offload him? The horse has bolted for this year.
Yes it has. Season is pretty much over

I said 2 or 3 weeks back it seemed like they were just making it up as they went along... Using the season and initial rounds to work out what shoulda been done in the off season
The old M.I.U.A.Y.G.A. strategy….highly successful in the corporate world…

We need to build the forwards first. Cant get to the dance without them. But yeah we obviously expected better from our 6 & 7
We HAVE built the forwards. Problem is, we have shit halves and we also have a coach who makes the wrong selection decisions and plays favourites. Sheens is killing what ever chance we had to win with head scaratching assertions that 'Doueihi is the best fullback in the club'. Seriously, what hope have we got?

We HAVE built the forwards. Problem is, we have shit halves and we also have a coach who makes the wrong selection decisions and plays favourites. Sheens is killing what ever chance we had to win with head scaratching assertions that 'Doueihi is the best fullback in the club'. Seriously, what hope have we got?
Agree with all you say but Doueihi like it or leave it is the best fullback on the roster.

Latest posts

Back