Sheens is a good guy, from my experience.

But clearly out of his depth.
He proves this every week when naming the team.

Not sure Benji will last this apprenticeship let alone be ready to take over in 2025.

We should've taken Flannagan when we had the chance.

Id say with Hastings or Madden we would be 1 from 4.

Thats what good gets us

Above average gets us 2 or 3 wins.

lets look for above average ie Munster.Moses and Pearce

Club has done that but still people think we are all in on Brooks. We are not.
We’d be more than 1/4.
Hastings is 2/4 with a busted team missing it’s best player.

Not sure Benji will last this apprenticeship let alone be ready to take over in 2025.

Absolutely agree. Drug cheat maybe, but still a damn good coach who knows how to win. Nice guy does not equal wins. Wins and then nice guy equals bonus.

100% - players want to play for him. He was always my number 1 pick to take over.
Never liked the coaching appointment or the transition period.
Benji is no Ricky Stuart who lead Canterbury Jersey Flegg to a premiership and then took the Rooster to a premiership in his first season.
Benji is on a very hard road to becoming a career coach and not a great start as our attacking structure has nothing from what i would have expected from Benji.

NRL is doing to us what we are doing to Brooks. Both have shown that they're not good enough for this competition but everyone keeps stringing along because no one wants to admit that they failed.

Dogs have been down for a while and the Eels were down for a long time, but they have never had trouble recruiting players. Both clubs now have fairly strong rosters and are competitive .

On the other hand we have been down for a decade and we can offer players double the odds and get knocked back every time. I still think the Sheens, Benji and Farah thing was about trying to make the club attractive to players. It would appear after a bag full of loses our popularity has now hit a all time low.

Personally I am over the joint, I still check out the forum daily, because I enjoy the banter, but there is zero chance I am going to a game and watch a team with a one man spine get done week in and week out.

Anyway at present in Scotland so I have better things to do

100% correct that Sheens and Co. made a dud call on Brooks and AD. Maybe Benji's input on Brooks from when they were in the same team or simply not wanting to unbalance the cap during the rebuild. Who knows? AD was probably selected at 5/8 by 50% of the forum as well so at least half of us were just as bad at identifying talent as they were.

While I am not a fan of Brooks or AD if they are in the run on team, as a coaching staff, they must be supported. How would it go down if Sheenius came out and said AD is not the best fullback in the team, but he is a good bloke and the rest of the team thinks he should get a run or that Brooks is shite but he is the best we've got. We were hoping for more, but he has shown he's not a halfback's arse so we're playing him at 5/8 and letting him wear the 7 for his mental health?

AD at 5/8 was clubs player of the year before his injury, Brooks was Dally M halfback of the year (once upon a time) and is on a squillion $. I expect that they took, based on some form of risk analysis, a clear decision to invest in a dominant forward back to enable Brooks and AD. They got it wrong. Brooks and AD are duds.

We have made plays at Munster, Moses and now Pearce. The club clearly knows what we need so it isn't a complete circus. The leaks and rumours, until Pearce, had all but dried up. I doubt that the Pearce thing is of our own making - of what benefit would anyone at WT get from leaking that? I expect the leak came form Pearce's end; either his manager or Catalans. Shit, if they aren't out there making enquiries I would be pissed off.

So is it a circus?

Did they make a shit decision on Hastings and Brooks, for 2023, it sure looks it but is this really about 2023.

I'm just going to throw this out there. Is it at all possible that Sheens is the front man to take the heat for the hard decisions that have to be made to get to 2025? Did they keep Brooks simply to keep the cap healthy so we could build a pack and then make plays at the top halves and fullbacks?

Alternatively; is the Brooks decision based on the belief that Sheens and Benji could unlock some brilliance after ten years of mediocrity? Did they really believe that AD would turn into the next Jack Wighton or Latrell Mitchell? Given we were all in on Moses and AD only got a 12 month extension. Throw in Daine Laurie and I think they are were placeholders. Placeholders that I suspect were a known risk in 2023, but placeholders I don't think anyone expected to play so bad, at the same time, consistently.

Circus? No. Clown show? You better believe it.

I was not in on AD or Brooks, but I did think we would see a much better showing than we have from both of them (and Daino for that matter). AD has been appalling and is a shadow of what we saw in 2021. Brooks is just more of the same behind a dominant pack. Who would have guessed?

We've just got to trust, for 2023, that Wakeham develops with time in the seat, Brooks' timing and decisions improve and AD learns to do something useful. If that does happen, maybe, just maybe, we can finish above the Dragons.

Last edited:
One thing is clear - when there are rumors flying around, no matter where you work, it plays on people's minds. We can talk how badly players are on the field, but when you don't have stability it is a lot easier to be distracted or lose interest or look for something else. When this happens, invariably consultants are called in to "fix" things. At the very least Benji is learning how NOT to do things...

100% correct that Sheens and Co. made a dud call on Brooks and AD. Maybe Benji's input on Brooks from when they were in the same team or simply not wanting to unbalance the cap during the rebuild. Who knows? AD was probably selected at 5/8 by 50% of the forum as well so at least half of us were just as bad at identifying talent as they were.

While I am not a fan of Brooks or AD if they are in the run on team, as a coaching staff, they must be supported. How would it go down if Sheenius came out and said AD is not the best fullback in the team, but he is a good bloke and the rest of the team thinks he should get a run or that Brooks is shite but he is the best we've got. We were hoping for more, but he has shown he's not a halfback's arse so we're playing him at 5/8 and letting him wear the 7 for his mental health?

AD at 5/8 was clubs player of the year before his injury, Brooks was Dally M halfback of the year (once upon a time) and is on a squillion $. I expect that they took, based on some form of risk analysis, a clear decision to invest in a dominant forward back to enable Brooks and AD. They got it wrong. Brooks and AD are duds.

We have made plays at Munster, Moses and now Pearce. The club clearly knows what we need so it isn't a complete circus. The leaks and rumours, until Pearce, had all but dried up. I doubt that the Pearce thing is of our own making - of what benefit would anyone at WT get from leaking that? I expect the leak came form Pearce's end; either his manager or Catalans. Shit, if they aren't out there making enquiries I would be pissed off.

So is it a circus?

Did they make a shit decision on Hastings and Brooks, for 2023, it sure looks it but is this really about 2023.

I'm just going to throw this out there. Is it at all possible that Sheens is the front man to take the heat for the hard decisions that have to be made to get to 2025? Did they keep Brooks simply to keep the cap healthy so we could build a pack and then make plays at the top halves and fullbacks?

Alternatively; is the Brooks decision based on the belief that Sheens and Benji could unlock some brilliance after ten years of mediocrity? Did they really believe that AD would turn into the next Jack Wighton or Latrell Mitchell? Given we were all in on Moses and AD only got a 12 month extension. Throw in Daine Laurie and I think they are were placeholders. Placeholders that I suspect were a known risk in 2023, but placeholders I don't think anyone expected to play so bad, at the same time, consistently.

Circus? No. Clown show? You better believe it.

I was not in on AD or Brooks, but I did think we would see a much better showing than we have from both of them (and Daino for that matter). AD has been appalling and is a shadow of what we saw in 2021. Brooks is just more of the same behind a dominant pack. Who would have guessed?

We've just got to trust, for 2023, that Wakeham develops with time in the seat, Brooks' timing and decisions improve and AD learns to do something useful. If that does happen, maybe, just maybe, we can finish above the Dragons.
Well considered post.
I suppose for me it still beggars belief that Brooks was considered for a leading role at all. From my perspective he has never had leadership in his skill set. Surely the new coaching team could see that. Why persist with a mirage just to indulge his ego? Why not simply state that Wakeham is now our half and you (Brooks) can have a go at six, from day 1?

Being locked into paying Brooks twice what he's worth
Keeping Madge after the Tigers lost 38-0 to the Dogs in 21 after consistently going backwards
Hiring Kimmorley as interim coach without giving him an experienced helper
Turning off Ciraldo with an unprofessional pitch
Flanno was available and was ignored. Manly hired him as asst coach - now they are powering
The Sheens and Marshall Rusty & Rookie Show.

The Tigers look unlikely to turn all this around until decision-makers are held accountable. Now our only hope is that Sheensy can pull off another giant fluke 😆

Now Sheens caught out lying;

Now he was aware Marshall contacted Pearce... Two days ago a different tune.
Been hanging around Lee too long

They treat us with contempt...and his "I don't wanna talk about it" responses to difficult presser questions are becoming g frequent

Sheens said we're chasing a senior half.

10 year player Luke Brooks is still at rookie status eh?
Lol, I think he was saying..we need a Reynolds because we’ve got 1 or 2 Ilias’s coming on in next couple of years?

Back