I dont think its a big call to say we could be two or three wins from our first 4 if our halves had done their job.

Our overall team is vastly improved, we can see really good forwards, decent structure, the outside backs are doing their jobs. I can see the green shoots. However the halves have been absolute trash.

The club is trying to fix that and people want to have a go at them for doing exactly what most of have asked for = improve the halves.

Makes you think that as a result of the constant media bashing and reality of zero wins our fans have lost the plot.

Its not all doom and gloom. We just need someone to control and take charge of this team.

My opinion and it seems the coaches is that that man is not at this club right now so we need to go find one.
A lot of us predicted these halves would not capitalise on the good work achieved by our rebuilt forward pack. It is why people blew up delux when Hastings was let go.
Sheens has been here long enough to determine this before season 23 started. He has a shocking habit of going all in without any contingencies. He sacked our coach and went all in on Ciraldo, not seeking any other options.
He let a halfback go and went all in on Moses, not seeking any other options until the trials started.
The fans aren’t losing the plot, this shit was foreseeable for people as experienced as a lot of our supporter base are.

Club is actively pursuing a halfback.

Cant ask for more than that. They might not say it publicly but its pretty damn obvious they see Brooks as a 5/8 or off the books going forward.

Its what we have all asked for.

Sheeesh. . . .
Good job

Move on 2 halfbacks and keep one you think is a 6 and not a half back

Sheeeeesh

Sorry patriot i just can’t accept the clown show to date

Sheens gave up 2022 to concentrate on getting it ‘right’ for this season. Huge fail every where you look

Agree with all you say but Doueihi like it or leave it is the best fullback on the roster.
'Leave it' for me Patriot. Doueihi is far too too slow and too poor a defender to play in the position. Actually, he's too poor a defender to play in any first grade decision. By the way, on what we've seen this year, Staines is the best fullback. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
You’re dreaming the fact that all the ambulance chases in the media use us for click bait says opposite to your statement. We are strongly supported and the media know it, hence the high media presence, compared to the flogs for example!

Clicks on a Buzz article about how wests are shit will get a range of fans clicking for the lulz. Wests are the meme club.

These same people would not bother tuning in to a wests game to watch shit footy when there are so many good games to watch. Broadcast rights make up the bulk of the NRL cash. If eyeballs are not on tvs it’s an issue. Clicks are good, but not enough to keep a club going.

Id say with Hastings or Madden we would be 1 from 4.

Thats what good gets us

Above average gets us 2 or 3 wins.

lets look for above average ie Munster.Moses and Pearce

Club has done that but still people think we are all in on Brooks. We are not.
If we sign a 7, my fear is Sheens moves Brooks to 6 and extends him....

In fairness, his best games have been at 6.... but we need to move on from recent years of failure.

Good job

Sheeeeesh

Sheens gave up 2022 to concentrate on getting it ‘right’ for this season. Huge fail every where you look

Im one the biggest Brooks critics but not even i thought he would shit the bed like he has.

Im leaning towards he is tanking for a release. having a sook as Moses didnt come and now he will do what he always does when he is not happy and play with no real care or pride in his performance

'Leave it' for me Patriot. Doueihi is far too too slow and too poor a defender to play in the position. Actually, he's too poor a defender to play in any first grade decision. By the way, on what what we've seen this year, Staines is the best fullback. Just my opinion.
Ain't as easy fix as... move him to centre.

Blake Ayshford, budget version.

We need pace in our backs and he's not ideal for centre, imo.

For mine, he's a 6.... and Sheens is ridiculous with what he's said over the past weeks.

'Leave it' for me Patriot. Doueihi is far too too slow and too poor a defender to play in the position. Actually, he's too poor a defender to play in any first grade decision. By the way, on what what we've seen this year, Staines is the best fullback. Just my opinion.
Staines has a lot to prove and could be our best fullback but right now he is 2 on the depth chart and needs to play better than he has to get the 1

Yep, he scored us the spoon last year with management decisions, all with an eye to focus on this year… short term pain, long term gain.
Whoopsy.

Ain't as easy fix as... move him to centre.

Blake Ayshford, budget version.

We need pace in our backs and he's not ideal for centre, imo.

For mine, he's a 6.... and Sheens is ridiculous with what he's said over the past weeks.
Nah, sorry Demps, his place truly should be in reserve grade until he learns tackling skill, commitment and effort. AJ and Naden are fine as centres at the moment.

Good job

Sheeeeesh

Bought us the 2022 spoon, only to have another crack at it in 2023

…and despite all of these opinions and assessments, we still started the season with
7. Brooks,
6. Doueihi
When exactly did Sheens and co discover Luke is a 5/8 and Adam is a fullback?
Best fullback at the club no less 🙄

Staines has a lot to prove and could be our best fullback but right now he is 2 on the depth chart and needs to play better than he has to get the 1
How does he 'prove it' unless he's persevered with? In my opinion, Staines made an excellent fist of the position two weeks back but was shuffled out to the wing a week later to allow the pathetically performed Doueihi to maintain a first grade spot. And how did Doueihi go last week? Most people would agree with me, not very well.

Back