the match. Played 1st XV rugby
In year 11, Australian schoolboy.
Came off an ACL but contributed
well in '22. Had a good campaign
for Lebanon in the world cup.
Local boy living in Strathfield.
Came back to the club after we
let him go. 900k is speculation.

For me Doueihi, is a victim of his versiltility as like C Watson and D Walker no better no worse. However, they have found a home at 14.
Would you pay these guys 750 plus?

Last edited:
He has been here 3 years and hasnt really developed much of a highlight reel. Hasnt seen much success either. He needs a huge 2023.

I was talking him up last season. I was talking Hastings and Doueihi up as our halves.

This season to me it's all about Brooksy. Don't let me down mate.

First things first, he has to make himself worth that figure with a screamer of a season built on total commitment, to whatever position he is told to play.

Herein lies the problem. He isn't getting 900k as an edge backrower. This is why he is after the 6 spot.

He has to have a big season in the 6 spot to get 900k.

Last edited:
900k is speculation.

It is. I'll be told I'm hypocrite for this but a guy I trust on this forum stated that Sheens said both Hastings and Doueihi had asked for that amount. Admittedly it's in the initial negotiations stage. I assume this is true because the club wanted to re-sign all of them but the deals never happened.

My mate was the wrestling coach under Madge and he never gave me inside information like this. I don't think he had that information. Him and Madge also got along really well. I can confirm he has been punted under the new coaching staff though. He told me Sheens spoke to him and what was stated. Maybe there is something about Hastings and Doueihi being big supporters of Madge.

If AD is representing himself he has every right to contact other clubs to see if there is any interest , we must remember Tigers have not re signed him for 24 so he is able to do what ever he can to look after himself , club would know if he is ringing around as he is doing it all for himself , if we wanted him bad enough we would have signed him , obviously Sheens wants to see the Brooks AD combo under his guidance to gauge if we sign him for 24 , he has a great change to secure a spot in a team on the up , his value $ 650/700 max
I understood he didn't want to negotiate with WTs until after the WC?

With the shortage of halves in the NRL, Hastings secured a contract. Surely, if Doueihi's asking price is just a little obscene, he too would secure a contract with another club.

It is. I'll be told I'm hypocrite for this but a guy I trust on this forum stated that Sheens said both Hastings and Doueihi had asked for that amount. Admittedly it's in the initial negotiations stage. I assume this is true because the club wanted to re-sign all of them but the deals never happened.

My mate was the wrestling coach under Madge and he never gave me inside information like this. I don't think he had that information. Him and Madge also got along really well. I can confirm he has been punted under the new coaching staff though. He told me Sheens spoke to him and what was stated. Maybe there is something about Hastings and Doueihi being big supporters of Madge.

Far out Earl. We went from the guy
who delivers chickens to an old
wresting coach under the ex-coach.
I'm sure he wants an upgrade on his
contract for sure, but it's foolish to
speculate about the role he has at
our club and the money he's after

If AD is representing himself he has every right to contact other clubs to see if there is any interest , we must remember Tigers have not re signed him for 24 so he is able to do what ever he can to look after himself , club would know if he is ringing around as he is doing it all for himself , if we wanted him bad enough we would have signed him , obviously Sheens wants to see the Brooks AD combo under his guidance to gauge if we sign him for 24 , he has a great change to secure a spot in a team on the up , his value $ 650/700 max

I agree, don't get the fuss about him going to other clubs acting as his manager.

If we haven't put a contract on the table or if he has one, not happy with it then what else is his options?

His value is what the market determines. He can be a match winner, he isn't a consistent one nor is he a consistent dedicated positional player yet which no doubts drives various discussions.

Currently we need AD for 23 we have zero options / backup plans are thin as anything unless we pull a miracle off and get MM for 23 which I doubt. He is the best we have currently.

It's funny some people's reactions, If AD goes and signs with another club in Dec/Jan some want him gone instantly but would be happy to have MM signed now for 24 or wait like we did with Api/Papa for 23.

Currently we need AD for 23 we have zero options / backup plans are thin as anything unless we pull a miracle off and get MM for 23 which I doubt. He is the best we have currently.

He is a critical player for us. If he has a big year and proves himself we'll have a good season.

He tore Manly Warringah apart a
couple times, iced a kick from the
touchline too, broke Nth QLD's line for
the To'a try that should have won
the match. Played 1st XV rugby
In year 11, Australian schoolboy.
Came off an ACL but contributed
well in '22. Had a good campaign
for Lebanon in the world cup.
Local boy living in Strathfield.
Came back to the club after we
let him go. 900k is speculation.
Remember there was an article (from Buzz I think?) that said a rival half was calling the dogs ? The pieces fit completely with what I heard that it is Adam leb.

More likely Sheens and Marshall refused to guarantee 6 or 7 jerseys (and requisite $). Marshall would know.

More likely Sheens and Marshall refused to guarantee 6 or 7 jerseys (and requisite $). Marshall would know.
First rule of negotiating, always float high early,
You can always come down but virtually never go up.
But you have to have something that buyers want, and are prepared to pay your required price for.

We'll never know. Here is the thing though. If Doueihi performs next season and surely he is going to have no excuses then the situation changes pretty quickly.

We sound like we are going to have a good pack for our halves to play behind. Doueihi hasn't been given heaps of opportunities but there are no other options next season.

Back