Adam Doueihi #227

That isn't what the stats say.

I checked it recently and posted on it on here. Doueihi has a better tackling efficiency than Brooks. It surprised me too.
Yeah, but for the stat to be recorded as a miss you have to be somewhere close, not 20 metres away picking up your mouth guard or the dummy you spat out.

Brooks gets more than his fair share of traffic because everyone knows that he has never had that much support in defence like many other halves who have strong defenders along side.

Yeah, run at Brooks he's got to do it all himself and at the same time we can tire him out and even if he is not a great game manager we can damage his strength which is his running game.

How is it possible, this thread exploded by 10 pages in one day, I come here to see what all the fuss is about, and it's page after page about Luke Brooks.

In the Adam Doueihi thread.

Is Luke Brooks chat like some kind of plague or ebola or coronavirus that just infects all other surrounding topics?

How is it possible, this thread exploded by 10 pages in one day, I come here to see what all the fuss is about, and it's page after page about Luke Brooks.

In the Adam Doueihi thread.

Is Luke Brooks chat like some kind of plague or ebola or coronavirus that just infects all other surrounding topics?
It's because Brooks wears the freshest clothes, eats at the chillest restaurants and hangs out with the hottest dudes. Simple as that.

Have to agree with Supercoach , let’s get into the season see how AD goes with the new pack and then sign him up if he is going well

What is that supposed to tell us? I would expect a guy who played fullback and centre to have more tackle busts, because he has a lot more runs, and even in the halves he doesn’t pass a lot.
It tells me Brooks stopped running the ball ..which to me questions the health of his calves / hammies ...and it was noticable he has stopped running the ball most games

If you are judging an 80kg half's running game on the amount of tackle breaks he has made, you are doing it wrong.
You rarely make clean breaks in the NRL ...usually you'll have someone slipping off the tackle or getting caught off balance ...or in our case lacking the heart to put your body on the line

You rarely make clean breaks in the NRL ...usually you'll have someone slipping off the tackle or getting caught off balance ...or in our case lacking the heart to put your body on the line
true, but my point remains. He will very rarely have the space to step out of tackles, particularly in a team being dominated, nor does he have the body to run through tackles. Line engagements would probably be a more fitting stat for his body shape.

true, but my point remains. He will very rarely have the space to step out of tackles, particularly in a team being dominated, nor does he have the body to run through tackles. Line engagements would probably be a more fitting stat for his body shape.
AD is a better runner of the football.

AD is a better runner of the football.
Brooks is arguably our best running player acroos the board .....Douehi takes the mantle in opposition red zones
Across the entirity ...I'd say Brooks just pips Douehi as far as their running games go at both their best ....in the opposition red zone Douehi wins

But before people get outraged with this comment ...it explains why we finished a long last in 2022

Iam willing to give AD and everyone else half season, before going for the knife. We have some quality forwards who might make a massive difference and a coach who think beyond 5 hit ups and a bomb
I am too, ON THEIR EXISTING SALARY!

AD wants crazy money, 900k which IMHO is the maximum for 5/8 unless your name is Munster (yes Luai should be on way more too. Heck I would throw Luai 1.2 mill over AD for 900k)

Going to float a Stupid idea here.

We want Doueihi to play Center, ok most people want him to play center.
Doueihi is asking for 5/8 and 900k. What if we said 800k and Center?

^not saying I am in favour of this. I am floating the idea, food for thought.

Pros:
We get a backline that starts owning the positions.
We free up 5/8 for real superstar talent.
We see a combination outside of the halves.

Cons:
we lose 400k overpaying for Center.
Doueihi isn't fast.

Reality, I only see AD leaving the tigers and I have no idea who is going to pay anything close to 900k. Yet I see a few NRL players go to Fullback or 5/8 because that is where the money is. Valentine Holmes is a far better winger then fullback IMHO. Maybe we can do something different here.

What if we said 800k and Center?

I reckon it's too much for what he offers and I'm a fan. I think we see how he goes next season and go from there. I'd do what the club appears to be doing and just leaving him alone for the moment.

Pros:

Cons:
Doueihi isn't fast.

Reality, I only see AD leaving the tigers and I have no idea who is going to pay anything close to 900k. Yet I see a few NRL players go to Fullback or 5/8 because that is where the money is. Valentine Holmes is a far better winger then fullback IMHO. Maybe we can do something different here.
Only one true centre in the game worth 800 k and that is Manu ...and he'd be a 1 or 6 here

Pros:

Cons:
Doueihi isn't fast.

AD isn’t a top line centre. That’s a lot of money to pay someone on potential.

Talented guy but his frame and his skills don’t compliment each other. Great fullback but lacks speed, skilful enough & big enough for lock but lacks defensive skills. Not enough impact for a 14, to slow and not skilful enough for 6, not an organiser for. 7

Back