Adam Doueihi #227

Good question JT but not sure of the answer, only time will tell.
I see Mr H nommed for Newy Saturday. Good luck not required coz I know Prebble won’t be riding.🤣🤣
bloody Prebble lol it is a 4 yr old an upward maiden Neasham says pulled up well and the 4 yr old upward maiden takes away that good 3 yr old chance. I think we are 80% chance to go there

Expected both of our halves to be offered/signing extensions prior to the season beginning.

Also think that the additional year ones, rumoured to be available to younger players such as Doueihi and Laurie, work for both parties.
Good post. You get the feeling there is more to play out but there is little from the club.

Maybe AD is tugging too hard on the purse strings
maybe it is we are confident of getting Moses and we want to try AD as the ball playing lock role and or centre or even at fullback
If it was at 6 surely it would be for longer than a year extension

Just when did they say this? 🤣
Both have made comments in articles re Brooks post 23. Sheens mentioning a restructured deal. There was the most recent article on the Brooks' thread from Marshall which also included comments from Doueihi where he keeps his options open. I'm sure you are aware of it because if the comments were negative towards Brooks you would be all over it.

Both have made comments in articles re Brooks post 23. Sheens mentioning a restructured deal. There was the most recent article on the Brooks' thread from Marshall which also included comments from Doueihi where he keeps his options open. I'm sure you are aware of it because if the comments were negative towards Brooks you would be all over it.
There has been chatter … but nowhere have they said they want him to play 6.
Funnily enough last year Brooks came out and stated he thought AD’s best position was as a 6.
Also no extension offered to Brooks as yet and he’s the only bloke who can play 7 … at the moment.

Funnily enough last year Brooks came out and stated he thought AD’s best position was as a 6.
Also no extension offered to Brooks as yet and he’s the only bloke who can play 7 … at the moment.
There has been a lot of chatter - Brooks to Newcastle. It did not eventuate. The only certainty is the comments from the Sheens and Marshall. Sheens mentioning a restructured deal similar to Chris Lawrence. It appears he is in their plans and I suspect there is more to play out.

It looks that Laurei, AD, and most likely Brooks all offered short extensions. I doubt this would happen if Moses was coming. Sheens has always maintained that 2025, is the target. These 3 contracts end in 2024. By this time our young halves will be of age, and possible fit the bill, or others on the market. The problem is i doubt that a year extension would please them. Most would want at least 3 yrs.

why would they only offer 1 year

I assume it buys us all more time to work out the fit. Would be strange if we extend AD & DL for a year and happen to nab MM for 24 whilst extending LB unless the view is AD moves positions.

I think AD can offer us alot especially in the Sheens style of play. Prefer him in our side than out of it if he plays his best footy.

I assume it buys us all more time to work out the fit. Would be strange if we extend AD & DL for a year and happen to nab MM for 24 whilst extending LB unless the view is AD moves positions.

I think AD can offer us alot especially in the Sheens style of play. Prefer him in our side than out of it if he plays his best footy.
I tend to agree the extension fir a year might be Moses is coming and Sheens wants to try AD in different positions

There has been a lot of chatter - Brooks to Newcastle. It did not eventuate. The only certainty is the comments from the Sheens and Marshall. Sheens mentioning a restructured deal similar to Chris Lawrence. It appears he is in their plans and I suspect there is more to play out.
Sheens mentions lots of things ... not all turn out though.
Can't see him getting a restructured deal until we see how he goes.
The only reason he didn't go to Newy before is that they wanted us to subsidise a big chunk of his contract money and we refused.
Even though I'm not Brooksy's biggest fan I'm at least glad we're not paying other clubs big money to have people playing against us anymore.

Bula tipped to be fullback later this year, Or maybe Stains. That means we will have AD, LB.Laurie. Wakeham, Smith, and maybe reilly who plays 5/8 and centre. That is not including Moses. Three have been offered contracts, that i doubt they will take, something weird is going on. This does not make sense to me, any ideas ?

Bula tipped to be fullback later this year, Or maybe Stains. That means we will have AD, LB.Laurie. Wakeham, Smith, and maybe reilly who plays 5/8 and centre. That is not including Moses. Three have been offered contracts, that i doubt they will take, something weird is going on. This does not make sense to me, any ideas ?
Smith is not top 30
Wakeham is a slight upgrade on madden
Reilly I have no idea why
Brooks Laurie and AD one of which will replace wakeham next year hopefully
I do think Laurie can hold the fullback position though

Three have been offered contracts, that i doubt they will take, something weird is going on. This does not make sense to me, any ideas ?

I don't think the club has any confidence in Laurie, AD and Brooks and I bet they all want a good contract. The 1 year deals are about giving all parties some time to see what happens. Will these guys improve ? Will they show some consistency ?

All a bit mysterious eh ?

Back