OFFICIAL Adam Doueihi #227

It’s amazing every day someone comes on here and says it’s a forum I am entitled to an opinion. But when Douehi voices his opinion the usual suspects want to rip him apart and before someone says that we are not being paid big dollars by our employer so it’s ok for us and not him stand back and look at what you are saying. By your logic the more you earn the less you are entitled to have an opinion.
He’ll be able to say what he wants in two years when he’s retired. Unfortunately atm for him he has to toe the line as his employer promotes an inclusive working environment.
 
The EPL post didn't say it's ok to be gay, it made suggestions, include verbatim examples of how adults should interact with the gay community.

I really disagree with this. Go and read the comments that were posted. I didn't take offense to it but I'm not homophobic. Plenty of homophobic comments on this thread and in the previous thread that were deleted show that homophobic people agreed with his position.

Doueihi has interpreted that, rightly or wrongly, as being patronising, not only to the gay community for the EPL thinking that they need people to interact with them in a particular way, but also to the EPL fanbase at large, with it suggesting that the fanbase themselves don't have the capacity to know how to interact with the gay people in their own lives.

You can't do this mate. You've argued no one knows what he meant other than him.

For the sake of argument I'll grant that this is what he believes despite him bringing up on 2 separate occasions comments about gays. If he believes this he is a snowflake drama queen. I also think his post would have been completely different. He could have stated something like "I have gay friends and I interact with them with no problems at all." If I'm being honest though I don't buy your theory of what he meant.

I'll bring up one other point. You mentioned right wing don't like science as a joke but you've simplified the issue.

The Teals are right wing. They believe in small government and fixing societies issues such as climate change. They are not homophobic

Then there is the far right that are into restricting and controlling other people. They don't care about small government. They want to blame others and they are into conspiracy theories and they aren't into science at all. Have you heard of the horseshoe theory. The far right and the far left are basically the same.
 
Last edited:
This is all in your head. No one was being dictated too. No one. It was a simple post trying to state let's be inclusive towards gay people and whatever other group fits into that category.

There is no need to be offended by it.



I think anyone who is offended by that post is either homophobic or a massive drama queen.
I have a genuine question about your comment.

Don’t you think, by nature of gay people having no barrier to playing the sport, the inclusion is implied?

I’m not certain people are “offended” by posts like that. I think it’s more about having it repeated over and over and some of us simply question the relevance of ones sexuality in sport. Some also question why our sporting bodies are turning into quasi activist groups when the majority of the supporters just want to watch and discuss the sport.

I mean I couldn’t care less what people do privately, and frankly, what happens between two people behind closed doors is none of my business.

No sport in the world has a rule that you can’t play because you are gay. I’m not sure why we need to keep lecturing about it.

When an elite sporting body comes out and says how we should think about sport and suggest it is not about competition and performance is asinine. It is, in Adam’s words, embarrassing.

I think saying his comments were homophobic is a hysterical take, but predictable given the times we live in.

I’d be interested in your thoughts given my context above.

For those that haven’t seen the post, it is attached below.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4216.jpeg
    IMG_4216.jpeg
    202.1 KB · Views: 6
Don't defer to Reddit as a good source of anything my friend. Not a great start.

I'm not sure if this has been corrected yet, but he said 'embarrassing', not 'disgusting', as in, it's embarrassing that the organisation who posted the instructions felt they needed to teach other adults how to interact with each other.

The grandiose nature of the post itself is bereft of self-awareness in the sense that a) how dare they feel that they (the organisation) is in a position to tell the public how they should or shouldn't behave and b) how, not only patronising it is to the gay community, but also why they chose one particular random group to put on a pedestal, based upon who they take to bed.

You have to admit it makes for interesting reading. Some of the comments are pretty funny.

IMO sporting organisations shouldn't discuss religion, politics or sex.
 
No sport in the world has a rule that you can’t play because you are gay. I’m not sure why we need to keep lecturing about it.

I give you this thread and the other thread. The people complaining are making it clear how homophobic a percentage of people in society are.

That is why this stuff keeps getting mentioned. If people were less homophobic this wouldn't be an issue at all.

When an elite sporting body comes out and says how we should think about sport and suggest it is not about competition and performance is asinine. It is, in Adam’s words, embarrassing.

This is not what happened. It's a strawman argument. It's dumb.

They are just stating to be inclusive. They aren't stating what you stated. I bet you can't directly quote the initial post from the EPL and show them stating this because that isn't what happened.

I think saying his comments were homophobic is a hysterical take, but predictable given the times we live in.

I'd argue this point a little differently. It's predictable a clearly homophobic person posting homophobic comments gets support from people who want to demonize society to make out they are hard done by.

Go and read my post about populism. You nailed the type of people that support populism.
 
His first one was more outrage at kids at a school who wanted to go with their same sex partners. Who is he to judge anyone else ? If the kids are gay they are gay. Who cares ?



He is just being indoctrinated via the woke brigade.

It's populism in action. Blame minorities for your life being crap. He probably is suffering because he realizes he isn't as good a footy player and he is definitely no leader. It's much harder to look at yourself then try and create a good life for yourself.

Is his life crap? Does he believe his life is crap? How do you know this?
When did he blame minorities for his "crap life"?
 
I give you this thread and the other thread. The people complaining are making it clear how homophobic a percentage of people in society are.

That is why this stuff keeps getting mentioned. If people were less homophobic this wouldn't be an issue at all.



This is not what happened. It's a strawman argument. It's dumb.

They are just stating to be inclusive. They aren't stating what you stated. I bet you can't directly quote the initial post from the EPL and show them stating this because that isn't what happened.



I'd argue this point a little differently. It's predictable a clearly homophobic person posting homophobic comments gets support from people who want to demonize society to make out they are hard done by.

Go and read my post about populism. You nailed the type of people that support populism.
Actually I attached the original instagram post. It clearly states, “representation on the pitch is so important.”

Why is it important? The goal of sport is to compete for results, not to represent certain groups. If they are good enough, then they get in on their merit, not their sexuality, race, gender, whatever.

No one is scared of homosexuality. To say people are homophobic is pretty short sighted. People just don’t want it shoved down their throat.

Let me put this to you. Say I am polygamous. Obviously, this would put me in the minority. Should I create a campaign to tell everyone how to include me in sport because of what I choose to do in my bedroom? It’s so irrelevant to the topic of sport it would be seen as ridiculous. Now imagine I kept shoving it down your throat at every opportunity. No one cared in the first place, but I insisted on making an issue about it. Eventually people would just say, do whatever you want pal, but I’m tired of hearing about something I never had an issue with in the first place.

I think you take the stance above to mean that people hate homosexuals, but the majority of people couldn’t care less. What they care about is being lectured about something they never had an issue with in the first place.
 
Very correct.

But what was this bit of dung stuck to the bottom of that wonderful post?

"Also, not sure why you're bringing science into it? Since when has the right ever cared about science?"

Oh dear.

Not the mean and nasty 'right'.....

Yawn.


Fair enough, I shouldn't have brought politics into it.
 
This is the whole spiel of populism of which AD's post and a bunch of other posters on here have reiterated.

I'll quote the article from a religious group that Doueihi is alleged to be a part of.



They feel hard done by via society. I have inferred they feel their life is crap because of this because if not why would you even care ?

If you are playing a victim I assume you aren't happy.
Lots of assumptions there Earl.
 
Does anyone know if he’s bulked up at all and is there any plans to potentially see how he goes as a lock or back rower ?
Alternatively if the ACL injuries haven’t caused him to lose too much pace, no reason why he couldn’t make a successful return as a centre.
His defence is atrocious... He'd be a literal turnstile, that said it is a lot to do with attitude and if he can find the passion and attitude his defence needs the same passion he seems to have for gays in school, then maybe he's a chance
 
His defence is atrocious... He'd be a literal turnstile, that said it is a lot to do with attitude and if he can find the passion and attitude his defence needs the same passion he seems to have for gays in school, then maybe he's a chance

That's a bit of a cheap shot mate. Not sure what his religious beliefs have to do with his footy 🤦‍♂️
 
Regardless of opinion on Doueihi as a player, I think we can all agree he is enduring significant trauma with his third knee reconstruction. For that reason, can we give this young man some grace and allow him as far as is possible, to concentrate on his rehabilitation. I hope he can get back on the field regardless of whether it is with the WTs, another NRL club or in the UK where grounds are a bit more foregiving. I wish him all the best with his recovery and it was good to see him running in one of the 24 training snaps.
 

Latest posts

Staff online

Back
Top