OFFICIAL Adam Doueihi #227

It’s said Flanagan wants to play him at 13. Seems as though we aren’t the only club who sees his future in the forwards.
Yes I heard that also, but didn’t yesterday show we are a better team with Doueihi at 7 ?
Yes I know we have Latu waiting in the wings, but I also think it’s clear Latu is not yet confident enough to be the chief playmaker and number 7, however adds plenty of impact when coming into the field as our 14.
We need to win games and at the moment we are more chance of that happening with Doueihi at 7 and Luai at 6, so that should mean Latu just needs to bide his time as our 3rd choice halve for the time being, but still playing regular NRL and helping us win games with his impact as our number 14.
 
Yes I heard that also, but didn’t yesterday show we are a better team with Doueihi at 7 ?
Yes I know we have Latu waiting in the wings, but I also think it’s clear Latu is not yet confident enough to be the chief playmaker and number 7, however adds plenty of impact when coming into the field as a 14.
We need to win games and at the moment we are more chance of that happening with Doueihi at 7 and Luai at 6, so that should mean Latu just needs to bide his time as our 3rd choice halve for the time being, but still playing regular NRL and helping us win games with his impact as our number 14.
As good as he’s been, I think it’s getting a bit carried away to suggest he’s our long term 7.
 
Yes I heard that also, but didn’t yesterday show we are a better team with him at 7 ?
Yes I know we have Latu waiting in the wings, but I also think it’s clear Latu is not yet confident enough to be the chief playmaker and number 7, however adds plenty of impact when coming into the field as a 14.
We need to win games and at the moment we are more chance of that happening with Doueihi at 7 and Luai at 6, so that should mean Latu just needs to bide his time as our 3rd choice halve for the time being, but still playing regular NRL and helping us win games with his impact as our number 14.
You can’t just use one game. We totally botched a big opportunity against Parra with AD in the halves. It started our rut. Our bigger issue is getting our forwards to show up with that mongrel every week to give whoever plays in the halves a chance.
 
You can’t just use one game. We totally botched a big opportunity against Parra with AD in the halves. It started our rut. Our bigger issue is getting our forwards to show up with that mongrel every week to give whoever plays in the halves a chance.
Funnily enough Douehi was the fall guy for that Eels loss, but our attack and ball movement that day was very sharp.
We were unlucky not to score a few more tries and it was our defence that ended up being our major issue.
Galvin come back in to replace Douehi and our attack looked clunky again.
 
For 2026 Luai is our 6/7, Latu and Jock Madden are the other half and AD will probably be 13 if we don't have a Terrell May fall out of a tree over the off season. This gives Luai and Latu/Jock an off season to bed down the combination with the better performer of Jock and LAtu winning the starting spot.

The increased offer by Richo is an indication that we are happy to work with AD on a solution but it is very clear that he is not considered to be part of our long term plans. It is clear that we are not breaking the bank for a guy to potentially play 14.

I am sure there will be a realistic conversation of how the club sees AD fitting in.
Yeh for sure I can see the direction that they want to go in but I think they’re wrong. We know what jock madden has and we have seen enough of latu thus far this season to know that while he has some skills he’s not ready. I’d much rather be going into next season with an experienced campaigner in dooey on board rather than latu “running the show” or relying upon the miracle return of jock madden.
 
Yeh for sure I can see the direction that they want to go in but I think they’re wrong. We know what jock madden has and we have seen enough of latu thus far this season to know that while he has some skills he’s not ready. I’d much rather be going into next season with an experienced campaigner in dooey on board rather than latu “running the show” or the miracle return of jock madden.
If we want to continue in a forward direction, that’s common sense isn’t it ?
 
Funnily enough Douehi was the fall guy for that Eels loss, but our attack and ball movement that day was very sharp.
We were unlucky not to score a few more tries and it was our defence that ended up being our major issue.
Galvin come back in to replace Douehi and our attack looked clunky again.
Regardless I think we are focused on the wrong thing if AD becomes a contract saga. We need to be enhancing our forward pack, with AD as a good utility option on appropriate money, which is around what we’ve already offered. Madden has a skillset to complement Luai and Latu can only improve.
 
For me you’ve also got to earn your spot. Latu hasn’t earnt anything yet…. Hasn’t owned a game, hasn’t been close to that. So to go into 2026 with a one million dollar a year 6 who has been average and an unproven halfback seems like another bizarre call from WT. give dooey the money, let’s keep the band together and give 2026 a crack with a full off season.
 
Regardless I think we are focused on the wrong thing if AD becomes a contract saga. We need to be enhancing our forward pack, with AD as a good utility option on appropriate money, which is around what we’ve already offered. Madden has a skillset to complement Luai and Latu can only improve.
Yes it’s only a good thing to have players of the calibre of Latu Fainu, Jock Madden and Javon Andrews challenging for a regular NRL halves position.
Healthy competition is what we need, nobody’s position should be guaranteed if they are not earning it and taking their chances when it comes their way.
 
Last edited:
For me you’ve also got to earn your spot. Latu hasn’t earnt anything yet…. Hasn’t owned a game, hasn’t been close to that. So to go into 2026 with a one million dollar a year 6 who has been average and an unproven halfback seems like another bizarre call from WT. give dooey the money, let’s keep the band together and give 2026 a crack with a full off season.
Latu is a great talent and hopefully he develops into our long term halfback or 5/8, but it’s no secret he is currently very quiet and reserved which is an issue as a starting 7 trying lead our team to become more successful.
However he certainly adds another playmaking option as well as a running threat and strong, aggressive defence when coming off the bench, I honestly think that’s where he’s best suited in the short term.
As I keep saying, he would still be applying pressure and getting opportunities to showcase himself as a starting halve whenever one of Doueihi and Luai are injured or have niiggles.
 
Latu is a great talent and hopefully he develops into our long term halfback or 5/8, but it’s no secret he is currently very quiet and reserved which is an issue as a starting 7 trying lead our team to become more successful.
However he certainly adds another playmaking option as well as a running threat and strong, aggressive defence when coming off the bench, I honestly think that’s where he’s best suited in the short term.
As I keep saying, he would still be applying pressure and getting opportunities to showcase himself as a starting halve whenever one of Doueihi and Luai are injured or have niiggles.
He’s a bit reserved like Brooks, and we know how that ended. By next season I’d like to see him step right up, coz u need a half back confident in what he’s doing.
I’m just a bit concerned if Benji continues with AD as half for at least the next game or two,( which I think he will) then Latu is going to drop back a bit in time on the field and confidence. Plus I’m still scratching my head about us re signing Madden. Talk about back to the future.
I wonder if there’s any other “old boys” on our recruitment radar ?
 
I’ve been hard on AD over the years but I think this season he has had a genuine crack at improving his deficiencies. Defensively he has improved heaps this season.

I have no issues if we keep him, we need 20+ NRL players in the squad anyway.

If we want to win games we need to score points and AD at his peak provides that.
 
Don’t blame the run of injuries, he’s had plenty of games in between to stink it up.
You reckon 7 is his spot? I remember Brandon Wakeman coming on and having the game of his life and a lot were carrying on how we finally found a half. Let’s see him close out the year consistently well and then maybe we can throw him an extra year.
I’m never bitter it’s always a game. For me right now, I reckon our 1 year offer to continue paying us back, and to stay with his junior club that’s on the up, is good, and we should sit on our hand.

As @Snidest 0 said next to blink loses.
You’ll need a handful of sand when holding the aces.
People forgetting all the injuries… was voted the players player last time he went through a season without injury.
 
Chammas reckons dragons offer was $450 x2 but now upped to $500 x 2 today.

He isnt leaving $300k on the table with the injuries hes had.

If we went to $400 x 2 i reckon he'd stay, we'll see hey.
 
His inconsistency is why 350K is the right price. Might pick up a bit more at a shit club and keep losing.
Dragons upped their offer today. $500k a year for 2 years.
To put that figure in context we offered a reserve grade Dragons halfback that got the flick $150k more a season than they are offering AD.
 
Back
Top