Addo Carr signs with Storm...

@851 said:
@Love the WestsTigers said:
@851 said:
@Muffstar said:
Yeah agree, contracts nowadays are not worth the toilet paper they are written on. So if he want's to get out I am sure there are plenty of compassionate grounds he could use.

We have a kid who grew up supporting the club, a genuine NRL crowd pleaser with speed to burn who wanted to stay, he didn't want the earth to re-sign, so one wonders how we got to this stage. :crazy

Gods Knows 851 coz us fans cant figure it out

I have a fair idea of what prompted him to start to look around at other options. :astonished:

Mr Pasty !

@851 said:
@Muffstar said:
@GNR4LIFE said:
If he's trying to back out then the signs of him going aren't good. No club forces players to honour contracts these days. Why have a player in your side whose hearts not in it.

Yeah agree, contracts nowadays are not worth the toilet paper they are written on. So if he want's to get out I am sure there are plenty of compassionate grounds he could use.

We have a kid who grew up supporting the club, a genuine NRL crowd pleaser with speed to burn who wanted to stay, he didn't want the earth to re-sign, so one wonders how we got to this stage. :crazy

The question i would like answered is…...

If JT was good enough to purchase such a talent , why just get him on a 1 year deal ?
1 year deals are for players such as your Halatau's , Ennis , Marshall's.....players that are getting on with age and you want them accessed on a year to year basis .

JAC should of been the preferred option as word was that his Pre Season was very solid .

Now it seems we are not in control of the situation and JAC will be a Storm .

A real shame. If true, he should go back to reserve grade for the rest of the season

@851 said:
@851 said:
@Muffstar said:

I have a fair idea of what prompted him to start to look around at other options. :astonished:

His boyfriend Rankin was more important .

JT is not a Coach never has been and never will be , there's a reason why they probably want Buckets so in his face in every move .
How long did it take him to realize that Sirro wasn't 1st Grade standard or what about leaving Buchanan on the bench for 80 Minutes or Cherrington playing about 40 minutes in total over 4 games , JT is seriously clueless anyway and i can't wait for him to get the Hell out of the place .

@foreveratiger said:
@851 said:
@851 said:

His boyfriend Rankin was more important .

JT is not a Coach never has been and never will be , there's a reason why they probably want Buckets so in his face in every move .
How long did it take him to realize that Sirro wasn't 1st Grade standard or what about leaving Buchanan on the bench for 80 Minutes or Cherrington playing about 40 minutes in total over 4 games , JT is seriously clueless anyway and i can't wait for him to get the Hell out of the place .

Hell yeh :pray:

He should stay in firsts. Fans deserve to see our best team. If he makes us better and brings us closer to winning, something basically none of these guys have experienced regularly, he needs to be in the team. Winning brings confidence, fans, revenue, TPAs and exposure.

Development, in the NRL, brings more development. The system isn't set-up to allow poorer clubs who use the only model they have, juniors, like us, any benefit. No veteran salary exemptions, no draft picks and very little security against player poaching.

Buckets had been here a few months now. I notice he's only getting kudos for the good things but not blamed for the bad things.
Bit strange

@851 said:
@Muffstar said:
@GNR4LIFE said:
If he's trying to back out then the signs of him going aren't good. No club forces players to honour contracts these days. Why have a player in your side whose hearts not in it.

My guess would be the Lawrence option.
With Farah and the options for Lawrence.moses and brooks we had around 2.7 mil tied to just 4 players.add woods and teddy and things are rather tight.
Now with the restructured contract we have some room to move along with other players being released.
I'm not sure how many of you have had experience in turning a failing business around,but it isn't easy or achieved over night.

@bonstonker said:
@851 said:
@Muffstar said:

My guess would be the Lawrence option.
With Farah and the options for Lawrence.moses and brooks we had around 2.7 mil tied to just 4 players.add woods and teddy and things are rather tight.
Now with the restructured contract we have some room to move along with other players being released.
I'm not sure how many of you have had experience in turning a failing business around,but it isn't easy or achieved over night.

And this is where even a small TPA could tip the deal over the line …........... :pray:

Sporting news reporting that JAC has signed a 2 year deal with storm and although he wants out the cooling off period has expired and has to see out his contract with storm. Apparently signed the contract when frustrated with the tiger's leaving him out of the NRL team. If this ia true it really shows how incompetent our club is. A club in another state can see his potential and our officials see his ability almost every single day but have no idea

@tiger05premier said:
Sporting news reporting that JAC has signed a 2 year deal with storm and although he wants out the cooling off period has expired and has to see out his contract with storm. Apparently signed the contract when frustrated with the tiger's leaving him out of the NRL team. If this ia true it really shows how incompetent our club is. A club in another state can see his potential and our officials see his ability almost every single day but have no idea

I mentioned this would happen many weeks ago when the coach would not drop any under performing players, only Buckets stepped in he would still be operating on the pick and stick no accountability plan.
Who knows how many more players felt there was no path to the NRL in this club. :angry:

@marzie said:
If he really wants to get out of it he will be able to

Not so sure now his profile has grown. The Storm are not silly,they know what his football ability is like and I guess they now have a marketable player. Who knows why we possibly let this one slip through the net, but you very seldom get a player with the x factor lob on your door step and to let him go for peanuts in my books is madness

Hope the kid stays, would be awful if he went to the storm after the tigers took a punt on him and everyone with a pair of eyes could see he has something about him.

The question is, why didnt the sharks try to keep him, when you could see in the 20s how exciting he was??

@DonnyBrasco said:
Hope the kid stays, would be awful if he went to the storm after the tigers took a punt on him and everyone with a pair of eyes could see he has something about him.

The question is, why didnt the sharks try to keep him, when you could see in the 20s how exciting he was??

they've also got a gun player called Fa'manu Brown floating around, he's an asbolute gem of a player at age 21

they've got a solid backline really… might've been no opportunity there, either our win - especially if he stays around

Correct me if I am wrong but this year the deadline was always the end of round 13, but this year it got changed to the 10 day cooling off period. Probably due to the DCE situation last year.
Did that change ever actually go through?

Round 13, cooling off periods etc don't mean jack. If he doesn't want to go they won't force him.

Back