OFFICIAL Alex Twal #206

@GNR4LIFE he doesn't have the ability to dent the line like the top prop forwards. He has a lot of positives to his game but unless he can somehow add the ability to make damaging hit-ups and busts I can't see him as anything other than an average front rower.

I think that is exactly what the majority of posters are stating as well. He is pretty good but you can't compare him to Hass for instance. You can't have a team of superstars.
 
Carrying too much of the load he was always going to show signs of fatigue. Just needs support so he can give more quality instead of quantity.
 
I'm more talking about him in general, fresh Twal, Twal at his best, not just recently where it seems everyone thinks he looks worn out.

Does the opposition think "I'm up against Twal today, I better be on my game defensively and offensively or he'll destroy me?"
We really need an enforcer up front.

I guess I'd just like to see a bit more aggression from him, a bit of his character come out.
He just seems so one geared, so robotic like he's just going through the motions.

Is he a victim of being overcoached??
Has the footy player been coached out of him??
I just can't put my finger on it, he's a hard read
 
Why single out him but if you are talking in general and not based on the form he is shown recently, Matterson is the only exception. Even Mikaele and Aloiai who are the hard running fearsome props we have, are inconsistent. The opposition will look to stop a constant threat, at the moment, Matterson is the only constant threat in our forward Pack. The rest are doing the job.
 
Top of the fence for me, as I love his work rate, but hate seeing him getting routinely owned in the ruck and wallowing on his back.
 
I think he started the season really well - was even been discussed as an origin smokey - though at the moment it looks like he is playing busted/over done. Fair enough considering he is 23 and was playing damn near 60 minutes starting week in week out. He's not yet ready to lead the pack but almost none are at that age either. Just need a leader in the front row that the rest can follow
 
@guyofthetiger said in [Twal](/post/1052439) said:
His output def dropped off a cliff a few rounds back

Not sure if he lost confidence because he was benched or vice versa

Twal is not a superstar but the type you want to play 250 games with not much difference between the best and worst.
 
Considering his age and the maturity he plays with, Twal is great.

Last of our concerns. Im a big fan of his dirty work.
 
Keeper. Having an average season after great breakout couple of years.
Will improve with age and experience.
As soon as players have some average games people are ready to dump them on scrap heap. Dumb!
 
Man I love Twal.

The unsung hero of the team.

He is no less or fuss player and his numbers are very solid for such a young prop.

Tiger for life if we are lucky
 
@Spartan117 in my opinion Twal and Eiso are both unheralded players, what has Eiso got to do to get some credits, does the hard yards every time, every team needs a player like him
 
@rex2ce not really a fan of Eiso.
Has the same bloodline as Gallen.

Just can't see it. Runs soft.

Twal is all heart and theres a fella at the dogs named Kayne Kalache that looks just as good that we should defo chase.
Leb Pride.
 

Members online

Back
Top