Alex Twal #206

You don't buy into any of the following narratives?
  • Twal will get his first try
  • We will be a different team under Sheens and Benji
  • Brooks will finally be unleashed
  • Doueihi is captaincy material
  • The forward pack won't get folded like an omelet
Omelette's are hard to fold over ...chair maybe

The only sensible interpretation of Einstein's statement that insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is that he was predicting the Twal crash ball 90 years later. Einstein knew his league.

He's become Heighington but not in a good way. Runs straight at markers, doesn't make any ground, makes no dent in the defence and doesn't even do a quick play the ball.

I just wanna see him run straight off the back fence. Every prop/ lock in the game needs to be able to do that. You can't be a threat in attack even as a decoy if the opposition isn't worried about you.

Don't get the hate Twal gets. Personally love his work.

Not every forward is going to run off the back fence for you.

Our defence sucks, and it's much, much worse without Twal.
There's two parts to the game though. Even in defence, he solemn leads the line speed, barely puts them on their backs and doesn't hit hard enough for impact.

Every team needs workhorses but Twal needs to contribute more. He needs to bring more to the table.

There's two parts to the game though. Even in defence, he solemn leads the line speed, barely puts them on their backs and doesn't hit hard enough for impact.

Every team needs workhorses but Twal needs to contribute more. He needs to bring more to the table.
Just don't give him the ball on the 4th tackle

I remember the Penrith game last year.
Twal was fired up and axed many panthers that day.

Don't get the hate? 45 tackles, no misses, 100m+, an offload, a tackle break, decent link play, No errors. Absolutely fine as a prop. As a lock, we'll he isn't dynamic enough but that's on the coaches. I thought he was the better than Klemmer and Stef in the first stint, although in hindsight Klem was better across the game.

If the coaches don't want him getting the ball in the opposition red zone they need to tell the guys passing it, not just Twal.

You need someone like Twal in the team, does the work across the board.

Yeah, last year all he did was tackle and run to stop at the line.

This year he offloads, tackles and actually dints the line.

Sign him up for another 3 years!

Don't get the hate? 45 tackles, no misses, 100m+, an offload, a tackle break, decent link play, No errors. Absolutely fine as a prop. As a lock, we'll he isn't dynamic enough but that's on the coaches. I thought he was the better than Klemmer and Stef in the first stint, although in hindsight Klem was better across the game.

If the coaches don't want him getting the ball in the opposition red zone they need to tell the guys passing it, not just Twal.
Was very disappointed with Stef, played like his heart wasn’t really in it. Hope he was just off colour or something coz I thought he would be our real go forward guy !

Don't get the hate? 45 tackles, no misses, 100m+, an offload, a tackle break, decent link play, No errors. Absolutely fine as a prop

I'm not really a fan and I don't think he is a great option in our team because he is a worker but he was good.

Was very disappointed with Stef, played like his heart wasn’t really in it. Hope he was just off colour or something coz I thought he would be our real go forward guy !
I thought so too. Most of the team looked that way.
When panthers run out of the shed, Cleary’s final word...when we reflect on the game, there will be 4 or 5 of you who won it for us, be one of the 4 or 5.
Do we have players with that mindset?

His timing looked off to me, has he been training alone? and then he looked to be getting down on himself after a few mistakes. hopefully we soon see that form he showed for a few games a couple of seasons ago. We have a few players in that boat.

I'm with you. I think Twal was good and is very important to the team. However we must stop giving him the ball in the opposition 20. He is a specific role player. When used that way he is of great benefit. We seem to be trying to mould him into something he isn't.

Back