OFFICIAL Alex Twal #206

congratulations Alex & Gabriella on your engagement.

![243cc6b0-b9fa-4611-a86f-a157b7ee5f88-image.png](/assets/uploads/files/1634991370045-243cc6b0-b9fa-4611-a86f-a157b7ee5f88-image.png)
 
@gnr4life said in [Alex Twal](/post/1479169) said:
There’s something endearing about him not having scored a try

Or not offloading to a support player steaming through with the line wide open when we’re behind by 2 points with 10 seconds remaining in the game
 
@tonytiger said in [Alex Twal](/post/1497432) said:
@gnr4life said in [Alex Twal](/post/1479169) said:
There’s something endearing about him not having scored a try

Or not offloading to a support player steaming through with the line wide open when we’re behind by 2 points with 10 seconds remaining in the game

We have players who can steam ......

What game Tony ....
 
@happy_tiger said in [Alex Twal](/post/1497619) said:
@tonytiger said in [Alex Twal](/post/1497432) said:
@gnr4life said in [Alex Twal](/post/1479169) said:
There’s something endearing about him not having scored a try

Or not offloading to a support player steaming through with the line wide open when we’re behind by 2 points with 10 seconds remaining in the game

We have players who can steam ......

What game Tony ....

I was just being sarcastic because he doesn’t know how to offload ... I was just running a scenario where that would be shown up
 
@tonytiger said in [Alex Twal](/post/1497432) said:
Or not offloading to a support player steaming through with the line wide open

What about the last game at Cambo against Manly. Alex pushes off a would-be tackler around half-way, charges up field, steps inside Turbo Tom, who comes again, and as he is tackled, offloads to Mbye to score under the posts.

One of my favourites.
 
@tonytiger said in [Alex Twal](/post/1497777) said:
@happy_tiger said in [Alex Twal](/post/1497619) said:
@tonytiger said in [Alex Twal](/post/1497432) said:
@gnr4life said in [Alex Twal](/post/1479169) said:
There’s something endearing about him not having scored a try

Or not offloading to a support player steaming through with the line wide open when we’re behind by 2 points with 10 seconds remaining in the game

We have players who can steam ......

What game Tony ....

I was just being sarcastic because he doesn’t know how to offload ... I was just running a scenario where that would be shown up

Sorry ....I'll buy you some credits for your sarcasm meter
 
I was just browsing Fox Sports Lab and noticed that Twal made 0 errors in attack last year. That’s pretty impressive. Yes, he’s more cautious with fewer offloads but you need pretty good concentration to achieve a stat like that with no errant play the balls, no passes dropped etc. Especially impressive given big minutes usually result in some errors from fatigue…Stefano’s stats also surprised me with only 3 errors .
 
@nrlsurvivor said in [Alex Twal](/post/1498844) said:
I was just browsing Fox Sports Lab and noticed that Twal made 0 errors in attack last year. That’s pretty impressive. Yes, he’s more cautious with fewer offloads but you need pretty good concentration to achieve a stat like that with no errant play the balls, no passes dropped etc. Especially impressive given big minutes usually result in some errors from fatigue…Stefano’s stats also surprised me with only 3 errors .

That right there is why stefano is miles ahead of mikale
 
Any carbs??

![Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 10.01.12 pm.png](/assets/uploads/files/1636455678742-screen-shot-2021-11-09-at-10.01.12-pm.png)
 
I do like Twal I just wish he had more offloads in him but he’s a solid defender and tackler if more of our players tackled like him our defence would be much better
 
@glenji95 said in [Alex Twal](/post/1503896) said:
I do like Twal I just wish he had more offloads in him but he’s a solid defender and tackler if more of our players tackled like him our defence would be much better

I wish he would pull off a bone rattling tackle
 
@red88_tiger said in [Alex Twal](/post/1503967) said:
@glenji95 said in [Alex Twal](/post/1503896) said:
I do like Twal I just wish he had more offloads in him but he’s a solid defender and tackler if more of our players tackled like him our defence would be much better

I wish he would pull off a bone rattling tackle

We might see some more fire once the bloke can get off the end of season nudie run!
 
@happy_tiger said in [Alex Twal](/post/1503989) said:
Can't believe Twal is copping it ...have to be in the 1st 3 picked every week

Some of the comments are lunacy ......

Welcome to the forum new boy....
 
Alex is one of the least of our problems. He is a dependable rock, safe in attack (error free) and defence (very few missed tackles and most are effective).
Put some flashier players around him, he does a good job for the team.
 
@lauren said in [Alex Twal](/post/1497396) said:
@bathursttiger1 said in [Alex Twal](/post/1497035) said:
congratulations Alex & Gabriella on your engagement.

![243cc6b0-b9fa-4611-a86f-a157b7ee5f88-image.png](/assets/uploads/files/1634991370045-243cc6b0-b9fa-4611-a86f-a157b7ee5f88-image.png)

??

The one that got away hey Lauren :blush:
 
@happy_tiger said in [Alex Twal](/post/1503989) said:
Can't believe Twal is copping it ...have to be in the 1st 3 picked every week

Some of the comments are lunacy ......

I love Twally. Mine was just a joke Happy. I agree, one of the first picked.
 
Just because he's one of our best players right now doesn't mean he can't improve. He has a lot of improvement left in him.
 
@tig_prmz said in [Alex Twal](/post/1505332) said:
Just because he's one of our best players right now doesn't mean he can't improve. He has a lot of improvement left in him.

💯
That’s one thing I believe Melbourne do very well. Before slater retired remember him mentioning parts of his game that he was working on. I also believe it’s why some leave there and don’t go so well.
 

Latest posts

Staff online

Back
Top