Alex Twal #206

Our attacking structure needs to move beyond the under 6’s mentality of trying to get the fat encouragement award winning kid across the line

Peeps always go on about how solid this lad is but I think he is better than solid!! The last few games he has really lifted us in the middle period and got us going!! I think he is better than a lad that doesnt miss tackles!! his hit ups are immense and damaging!!
He is so underrated

Never misses a tackle and has been making a ton of metres off api and find a fast play the ball most of the time

Cops a fair bit of flack from certain users who like to trash everyone, calling Twal a "plodder" but he's a proper worker.

Trains hard and has a go, on the field.
Good to see him getting noticed for the positive stuff.

Hopefully a try comes his way soon.
He does plod. He’s just consistently plodding which has a place in any team.

Last night's game he was great, but in all fairness he has been plodding for some time.
Shame he doesn't have runners going with him, which is likely because he doesn't look to pass.
He is tough and a tackling machine. When he runs hard like last night he can be an animal. If he just added offloads he would have a more complete package.

He is just not a tackling machine anymore the last 2 games he has been great!

Misses one important tackle every few months, and today was the day on Sullivan. However, still one of our better middles most weeks and today no exception.

He just seems so strong, nearly always standing in the tackle, if he'd get a mistake free fast play the ball or keep the leg drive, just think he could be better.

He just seems so strong, nearly always standing in the tackle, if he'd get a mistake free fast play the ball or keep the leg drive, just think he could be better.
Needs an offload, and someone there to catch it.

I think he is close to the most underrated, underappreciated player in the Tigers squad. He rarely misses a tackle and it's easy to not realise the total metres he clocks up each game. Recently he has run with more vigour and leg drive, making him a real force to be reckoned with. He does have an offload but I think he's been told to tuck the ball under his arm and charge forward. Nothing else. He should start with Stef on the bench.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back