OFFICIAL Alex Twal #206

@hank37w said in [Twal Charged\.\.](/post/1325172) said:
@fade-to-black said in [Twal Charged\.\.](/post/1324724) said:
Did JWH cop any charges from Friday night?
They showed some of his tackles on 360 tonight and he had 2 or 3 tackles where first contact was with the head. Serial offender yet I dare say he had no case to answer? Typical farce.

Should be charged, convicted and deported back to NZ.

Can hear Jacinda having a whinge already about us sending the crims back home.

Yes and Robbo has told him that reggies awaits him,Robbo no longer can keep making excuses for this filthy grub...good player but a low professional athlete that thinks tough means dirty play...
 
@pj said in [Twal Charged\.\.](/post/1324336) said:
Don't have long hair if ur worried about it getting pulled.
If I was playing today, I would have a pretty cool collection of rats tails

Back in my day pj,I used to have my hair spiked in the middle cut real short on the sides and had an 8 inch rats tail...got sick of the opposition pulling it and getting penalised for belting them...but it was cool with the ladies...chick magnet type bloke I was..:sunglasses: :kissing_heart:
 
@truetiger said in [Twal Charged\.\.](/post/1325293) said:
@pj said in [Twal Charged\.\.](/post/1324336) said:
Don't have long hair if ur worried about it getting pulled.
If I was playing today, I would have a pretty cool collection of rats tails

Back in my day pj,I used to have my hair spiked in the middle cut real short on the sides and had an 8 inch rats tail...got sick of the opposition pulling it and getting penalised for belting them...but it was cool with the ladies...chick magnet type bloke I was..:sunglasses: :kissing_heart:

Haha. Probably would have belted me one?
 
@truetiger said in [Twal Charged\.\.](/post/1325293) said:
@pj said in [Twal Charged\.\.](/post/1324336) said:
Don't have long hair if ur worried about it getting pulled.
If I was playing today, I would have a pretty cool collection of rats tails

Back in my day pj,I used to have my hair spiked in the middle cut real short on the sides and had an 8 inch rats tail...got sick of the opposition pulling it and getting penalised for belting them...but it was cool with the ladies...chick magnet type bloke I was..:sunglasses: :kissing_heart:

Yeah right.... Okay.

I bet you were with that look.
:face_with_rolling_eyes: :laughing:
 
Standout first half...where the hell did that extra leg drive come from, it was like he stepped up a gear..nearly scored as well

1 of the few highlights in the crapshow
 
@thedaboss said in [Twal](/post/1335575) said:
Standout first half...where the hell did that extra leg drive come from, it was like he stepped up a gear..nearly scored as well

1 of the few highlights in the crapshow

It was noticeable that he was taking a really long run up on his hit-ups. That isn't typical for him. I get the impression he was told to mimic Nathan Brown a bit after watching the way he impacted the game last week.
 
@watersider said in [Twal](/post/1335585) said:
@thedaboss said in [Twal](/post/1335575) said:
Standout first half...where the hell did that extra leg drive come from, it was like he stepped up a gear..nearly scored as well

1 of the few highlights in the crapshow

It was noticeable that he was taking a really long run up on his hit-ups. That isn't typical for him. I get the impression he was told to mimic Nathan Brown a bit after watching the way he impacted the game last week.


It was a great run where he hit that hole off (dare I say it) a great ball from Brooks.
 
@tiger5150 said in [Twal](/post/1335586) said:
@watersider said in [Twal](/post/1335585) said:
@thedaboss said in [Twal](/post/1335575) said:
Standout first half...where the hell did that extra leg drive come from, it was like he stepped up a gear..nearly scored as well

1 of the few highlights in the crapshow

It was noticeable that he was taking a really long run up on his hit-ups. That isn't typical for him. I get the impression he was told to mimic Nathan Brown a bit after watching the way he impacted the game last week.


It was a great run where he hit that hole off (dare I say it) a great ball from Brooks.

You carn't say that..but I saw it too..
 
@watersider said in [Twal](/post/1335585) said:
@thedaboss said in [Twal](/post/1335575) said:
Standout first half...where the hell did that extra leg drive come from, it was like he stepped up a gear..nearly scored as well

1 of the few highlights in the crapshow

It was noticeable that he was taking a really long run up on his hit-ups. That isn't typical for him. I get the impression he was told to mimic Nathan Brown a bit after watching the way he impacted the game last week.

The old school way....stand deep and run onto the ball with momentum and speed...or ..stand flatfooted and hope you can get a pass thats not forward before you get creamed by the opposition...simple really...
 
@geo said in [Twal](/post/1335589) said:
@tiger5150 said in [Twal](/post/1335586) said:
@watersider said in [Twal](/post/1335585) said:
@thedaboss said in [Twal](/post/1335575) said:
Standout first half...where the hell did that extra leg drive come from, it was like he stepped up a gear..nearly scored as well

1 of the few highlights in the crapshow

It was noticeable that he was taking a really long run up on his hit-ups. That isn't typical for him. I get the impression he was told to mimic Nathan Brown a bit after watching the way he impacted the game last week.


It was a great run where he hit that hole off (dare I say it) a great ball from Brooks.

You carn't say that..but I saw it too..

I seen it as well ..
Needs to be more of it ..
Oh ... maybe a repeat set as well
 
@gnr4life said in [Alex Twal the lock](/post/1348843) said:
What’s the difference between a lock and prop anyway?

Our Lock should be able to pass the ball / offload and Twal is a solid prop not someone who can link and offload with the backline off the base of the scrum.

That said we have not shifted the ball to the backs on attack since the Manly trial
 
He makes good meters just lacks impact, seems to be turning out like Eisinhuth hopefully he can continue to develop and bend the line more with his runs.
 
@jedi_tiger said in [Alex Twal the lock](/post/1348862) said:
@gnr4life said in [Alex Twal the lock](/post/1348843) said:
What’s the difference between a lock and prop anyway?

lock should ball play these days don't think that is twals go

It depends if you want to give your halves more space OR if you need more defence in the middle. There are different types of lock that fill different gaps in the team.
 
@blake said in [Alex Twal the lock](/post/1348878) said:
@jedi_tiger said in [Alex Twal the lock](/post/1348862) said:
@gnr4life said in [Alex Twal the lock](/post/1348843) said:
What’s the difference between a lock and prop anyway?

lock should ball play these days don't think that is twals go

It depends if you want to give your halves more space OR if you need more defence in the middle. There are different types of lock that fill different gaps in the team.

I think the game has moved away from the third prop type of lock.
 

Latest posts

Members online

Back
Top