Anthony Griffin sacked

**by diedpretty » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 8:59 pm\
\
The left field play is the Gus / Griffin feud sees Grffin leaving and Gus saying how wrong he was about Ivan and how much he would love him back at Penriff to coach his son to GF win.**
\
\
Nostradamus strikes again. - Well half anyway at this stage.

There's no way Ivan will be heading back. I know a lot of you think contracts are worth nothing, but they always require two parties to agree to break them. Every time. Or the aggrieved party can sue. On the 0.01% chance Ivan actually wants to do this, there is no way the tigers would let him go.

@ said:
@ said:
Hooper pooper actually thinks ivan is heading for penrith ??

That's enough laughter for the rest of the year

Get off the pipe you pelican

Ennis actually said he must be on the wacky tabaccy to even consider the idea of Ivan returning to Penrith

Wacky Tabaccy :roll love it.

@ said:
If the $800,000 payout figure mentioned is correct, Griffin would be laughing all the way to the bank. He gets the heavy weight of Gould off his back and constantly looking over his shoulder, as well as needing to justify everything game plan and team decision he has made. How relieved he must now feel.

The $800k was supposedly the agreed value, he was still owed over $1,000,000k if he stayed his tenure

@ said:
@ said:
You don't have to be Mystic Meg to predict Gus sacking someone. It's what he does best.

Ah yes but i picked it a month ago - and threw in the twister of Ivan back to penriff

I'm just having a laugh at the whole situation - there is no way Ivan would go back - i think.

Here’s another conspiracy theory for all the tin foilers

What if what if what if the reason the club has been so quiet on the recruitment front the last few weeks is because we don’t have a coach for 2019 as of yet to do any recruiting…..

@ said:

What if what if what if the reason the club has been so quiet on the recruitment front the last few weeks is because we don’t have a coach for 2019 as of yet to do any recruiting…..

Thank you GNR4LIFE now that will became reality.

@ said:

I think some of the kiddies on here won't be able to sleep tonight after reading this :slight_smile:

Ok so some of you are taking the piss because me (and others) are a bit worried.

Firstly - it’s differences of opinions by many posters that keeps this forum interesting

Secondly - I’m so used to having all Wests Tigers plans crapped on I’m seeing this as a sad but inevitable outcome

BUT I do believe Ivan to be an honourable man so am trusting his word will be upheld

Well, there is one more possibility to consider.
It was the Penrith Board (not Gould) that sacked Griffin with the plan to get Ivan Cleary to come back. Ivan said OK heres the deal, get rid of the muppetmaster and I'll come back.
Gould doesn't know it yet. he'll find out tomorrow.

@ said:
Well, there is one more possibility to consider.
It was the Penrith Board (not Gould) that sacked Griffin with the plan to get Ivan Cleary to come back. Ivan said OK heres the deal, get rid of the muppetmaster and I'll come back.
Gould doesn't know it yet. he'll find out tomorrow.

8:00am

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Nathan supposedly is making his decision in November. Unless Ivan asks for a release from the final 2 years of his contract with us, and we grant it (which I doubt would happen) I don’t see how it affects us. Gus is scared.

Guss appoints fittler cleary decides to play under him.

My thoughts as well. Fittler with his history at the club and his SOO connection is the perfect choice and is probably the only coach that Nathan would postpone his reunion with Ivan for. My view is that Nathan will re-sign with Panthers and Dad and son will end up at the Roosters or similar at the end of Nathan's next contract. Ivan will resign at the Tigers to coincide with that date.

No…Ivan back to the Panthers & Robbie captain coach at WT. Robbie can get two pay cheques.

No doubt Ivan will be hammered in the media by questions about his coaching future at the Tigers
It will give the media a story to run with
For the Club and Players he will need to put this to bed very quickly and announce that he is not going anywhere
We need Ivan to stay as a show of strength for our club
Re sign him I say
3 more years
That will tell us if Nathan is coming
Nothing illegal about that
Will also help us with future signings
What Message will it send to the Nrl community if Ivan ditches the Tigers for Penrith
Ivan wouldn't do that to us
Would he ?
He has a job to do here at the tigers

Seems bizarre for him to go, the comp is wide open, Penrith are probably 4th favourites in my opinion (Roosters, Souths & Melbourne ahead of them), I can't see how they're better off with Ciraldo. That said, Ciraldo could potentially go into a grand final in his 7th game as a top flight coach. The whole thing is crazy, surely there's more to the story.

Back