@gnr4life said in [Ash Barty\.\.](/post/1524883) said:
@demps said in [Ash Barty\.\.](/post/1524879) said:
@gnr4life said in [Ash Barty\.\.](/post/1524876) said:
@demps said in [Ash Barty\.\.](/post/1524874) said:
@gnr4life said in [Ash Barty\.\.](/post/1524871) said:
@demps said in [Ash Barty\.\.](/post/1524870) said:
@gnr4life said in [Ash Barty\.\.](/post/1524869) said:
@stryker-69 said in [Ash Barty\.\.](/post/1524866) said:
Go and have a bowel movement, you’ve woken up grumpy.

Actually I got a better one. Who are you to criticise Luke Brooks and what he’s achieved. See how interchangeable that is?

What's he achieved?

How many tournaments has he won?

Almost 200 more games than those who hate on him.

![images - 2022-01-30T081528.860.jpeg](/assets/uploads/files/1643490941359-images-2022-01-30t081528.860.jpeg)

Exactly. It’s the most flimsy, weak argument you can muster. Because chances are anyone using it has criticised somebody else the same way. It’s a soft attempt at defending someone you like.

BJ Leilua also played 200 games...
He belongs in the hall of fame with guys like Luke Brooks with his amazing achievements.

You're downplaying a huge accompishment and comparing it to a guy who's played 200 games with 0 finals appearance ?

Lol cmon now.

Why is it good for one and not the other. Because you like one and not the other. So of course you think different rules apply. Bottom line is you are bashing on a guy who makes almost a million dollars more than you do a year. Money seems to count here, so why can’t Brooks just look at his bank account?

This isn't a Brooks thread...

You came in here bashing a guy who just impressively won a hard fought tournament.

Then start justifying it with some childish, oh but you said Brooks isn't very good and he played first grade and you didn't.

You don't need to post in the thread... you dont see me posting in the star wars thread.

I’m not interested in Brooks. Someone came in with a very childish argument asking me what I have achieved in comparison. So the best way to show how childish that was, was to show the hypocrisy of the one using the argument. The clearest example was Luke Brooks. It was the obvious one. No interest in arguing about Brooks the player, just used him as an example of the hypocrisy of the argument.

@earl said in [Ash Barty\.\.](/post/1524890) said:
@cobarcats said in [Ash Barty\.\.](/post/1524843) said:
@stryker-69 said in [Ash Barty\.\.](/post/1524828) said:
@earl said in [Ash Barty\.\.](/post/1524816) said:
@cobarcats said in [Ash Barty\.\.](/post/1524813) said:
@earl said in [Ash Barty\.\.](/post/1524811) said:
An absolute superstar. She comes across as an awesome person as well.

She is a Tigers supporter as well.

Richmond Tigers supporter

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashleigh_Barty#Personal_life

It says Wests Tigers.. it could be nonsense though because it's wikipedia.

She follows Wests Tigers as well. There are pictures of her in our gear.

I'm wrong by the looks if it, I thought she was a Richmond supporter but that certainly looks like a WT shirt hey, maybe she just supports tigers.

I think she supports both teams.

Yes she does

@gnr4life said in [Ash Barty\.\.](/post/1524891) said:
@demps said in [Ash Barty\.\.](/post/1524888) said:

Actually I got a better one. Who are you to criticise Luke Brooks and what he’s achieved. See how interchangeable that is?

What's he achieved?

![images - 2022-01-30T081528.860.jpeg](/assets/uploads/files/1643490941359-images-2022-01-30t081528.860.jpeg)

Exactly. It’s the most flimsy, weak argument you can muster. Because chances are anyone using it has criticised somebody else the same way. It’s a soft attempt at defending someone you like.

He belongs in the hall of fame with guys like Luke Brooks with his amazing achievements.

You're downplaying a huge accompishment and comparing it to a guy who's played 200 games with 0 finals appearance ?

Lol cmon now.

Why is it good for one and not the other. Because you like one and not the other. So of course you think different rules apply. Bottom line is you are bashing on a guy who makes almost a million dollars more than you do a year. Money seems to count here, so why can’t Brooks just look at his bank account?

You came in here bashing a guy who just impressively won a hard fought tournament.

Then start justifying it with some childish, oh but you said Brooks isn't very good and he played first grade and you didn't.

You don't need to post in the thread... you dont see me posting in the star wars thread.

I’m not interested in Brooks. Someone came in with a very childish argument asking me what I have achieved in comparison. So the best way to show how childish that was, was to show the hypocrisy of the one using the argument. The clearest example was Luke Brooks. It was the obvious one. No interest in arguing about Brooks the player, just used him as an example of the hypocrisy of the argument.

Internet... serious business.
Keep defending your honour little brother. ?

I'm off, got called into work.
Can compare bank accounts later.

?

Actually I got a better one. Who are you to criticise Luke Brooks and what he’s achieved. See how easy that argument can be turned around

Exactly. I like Kyrigos but I reckon he has been a massive under performer.

@earl said in [Ash Barty\.\.](/post/1524895) said:

Actually I got a better one. Who are you to criticise Luke Brooks and what he’s achieved. See how easy that argument can be turned around

Of course he has. He doesn’t have the mental fortitude to make it as a singles player.

Reactions: BZN
@gnr4life said in [Ash Barty\.\.](/post/1524896) said:

Of course he has. He doesn’t have the mental fortitude to make it as a singles player.

Barty is someone who works so hard to get the most out of her talent.

@demps said in [Ash Barty\.\.](/post/1524893) said:
@gnr4life said in [Ash Barty\.\.](/post/1524891) said:
@demps said in [Ash Barty\.\.](/post/1524888) said:

What's he achieved?

Lol cmon now.

Internet... serious business.
Keep defending your honour little brother. ?

I'm off, got called into work.
Can compare bank accounts later.

?

Haha I can’t be wrong, I can’t be wrong…everyone will laugh at me.

Congrats Ash.
Great waking up to the Barty success.
So good to Yvonne Goolagong-Cawley at the presentation.
This was a magic tennis moment.

As much as it was a fantastic achievement by both Barty and the boys in the tennis..

Luke Brooks getting a mention in yet another thread is truely amazing..

@kingrobbie said in [Ash Barty\.\.](/post/1524832) said:
![0EA49642-0C2D-4AC5-A1F4-C8D0C4A53764.jpeg](/assets/uploads/files/1643460756345-0ea49642-0c2d-4ac5-a1f4-c8d0c4a53764.jpeg)

Let’s go Ash :clap: :clap:

And let’s go to the King and the Kokk :hand_with_index_and_middle_fingers_crossed:

Two sets of Grand Slam champs in one night is outstanding. Famous night.

Great stuff. I never knew always thought she was a massive AFL fan

You know what guys. He has made it as a singles player. He’s been top 20 in the world and beaten all the top players. He would still be in the top 30 (minimum) if he didn’t take most of the last two years off due to not wanting to be in bubbles and self isolation when returning to Australia. He has come out and said he’d rather be with his family.

You are right he may never win a major but that isn’t his goal in tennis. Not everyone wants to do what it takes to be the very best. He just wants to be happy and have fun playing the game of tennis as his job. He’s won some big tournaments on the way and maybe doubles is more up his ally and might help him relax playing singles. I get he’s not everyone’s cup of tea but let’s no judge the guy on the hat we expect him to achieve.

@chicken_faced_killa said in [Ash Barty\.\.](/post/1524913) said:

You know what guys. He has made it as a singles player. He’s been top 20 in the world and beaten all the top players. He would still be in the top 30 (minimum) if he didn’t take most of the last two years off due to not wanting to be in bubbles and self isolation when returning to Australia. He has come out and said he’d rather be with his family.

You are right he may never win a major but that isn’t his goal in tennis. Not everyone wants to do what it takes to be the very best. He just wants to be happy and have fun playing the game of tennis as his job. He’s won some big tournaments on the way and maybe doubles is more up his ally and might help him relax playing singles. I get he’s not everyone’s cup of tea but let’s no judge the guy on the hat we expect him to achieve.

The beauty of a forum is that you can express your opinion on someone like him, even if it’s negative. I get if people like the guy, he’s an Aussie. Some will like Aussies no matter what just cos they are Aussie . but surely they can see how unlikeable he comes across.

@gnr4life said in [Ash Barty\.\.](/post/1524917) said:

The beauty of a forum is that you can express your opinion on someone like him, even if it’s negative. I get if people like the guy, he’s an Aussie. Some will like Aussies no matter what just cos they Aussie. but surely they can see how unlikeable he comes across.

I agree with you and as I said he’s not everyone’s cup of tea and I get that. I like tennis and I like Nick. Clearly your not a fan and that’s cool too.

@chicken_faced_killa said in [Ash Barty\.\.](/post/1524919) said:
@gnr4life said in [Ash Barty\.\.](/post/1524917) said:

The beauty of a forum is that you can express your opinion on someone like him, even if it’s negative. I get if people like the guy, he’s an Aussie. Some will like Aussies no matter what just cos they Aussie. but surely they can see how unlikeable he comes across.

I agree with you and as I said he’s not everyone’s cup of tea and I get that. I like tennis and I like Nick. Clearly your not a fan and that’s cool too.

All good. Shows an actual discussion is possible.

Agreed.

I love the personality he brings to the game (for better and for worse) and it makes him easily the most entertaining player to watch on the tour in my opinion.

Also one of the most naturally gifted and effortless players I’ve ever watched.

• Sad
@kingrobbie said in [Ash Barty\.\.](/post/1524939) said:

Agreed.

I love the personality he brings to the game (for better and for worse) and it makes him easily the most entertaining player to watch on the tour in my opinion.

His talent is unquestionable but geez he's unlikeable IMO. A petulant toddler personality where he carries on like a sort when things don't go his way.
Ash Barty is a credit to herself and her family. She is an example of a great sportsperson. She is the ultimate class act.

@fade-to-black said in [Ash Barty\.\.](/post/1524940) said:
@kingrobbie said in [Ash Barty\.\.](/post/1524939) said:

Agreed.

His talent is unquestionable but geez he's unlikeable IMO. A petulant toddler personality where he carries on like a sort when things don't go his way.
Ash Barty is a credit to herself and her family. She is an example of a great sportsperson. She is the ultimate class act.

Yeah, he’s not everyone’s cup of tea mate.

Ash is a star, only 25 too. So much more to come.

Perfect pairing to be fair....

Nick, as some have stated... is quite over the top and somewhat abrasive, has a great power game.

Whereas Thanasi, is cool with a calming presence. Laser focused.

Loved watching them play this tournament.
Great win for em.
🔥

@demps said in [Ash Barty\.\.](/post/1524946) said:
Perfect pairing to be fair....

Nick, as some have stated... is quite over the top and somewhat abrasive, has a great power game.

Whereas Thanasi, is cool with a calming presence. Laser focused.

Loved watching them play this tournament.
Great win for em.
🔥

They complement each other well. Hopefully they continue in doubles as well as singles.

Special K = the new woodies

• Wow
Back