Ash Barty..

@demps said in [Ash Barty\.\.](/post/1525026) said:
@fade-to-black said in [Ash Barty\.\.](/post/1525024) said:
@hank37w said in [Ash Barty\.\.](/post/1525009) said:
@stryker-69 said in [Ash Barty\.\.](/post/1524828) said:
@earl said in [Ash Barty\.\.](/post/1524816) said:
@cobarcats said in [Ash Barty\.\.](/post/1524813) said:
@earl said in [Ash Barty\.\.](/post/1524811) said:
An absolute superstar. She comes across as an awesome person as well.

She is a Tigers supporter as well.

Richmond Tigers supporter

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashleigh_Barty#Personal_life

It says Wests Tigers.. it could be nonsense though because it's wikipedia.

She follows Wests Tigers as well. There are pictures of her in our gear.

WOW!

A Wests Tigers supporter that is not a loser.

They mustn't have rubbed off onto her yet.

Can't remember a more popular sportsperson than Ash.

I can...

His name is Nick Kyrgios (1.8m followers) compared to Ash Barty (460k)

??

Haha you cheeky bastard

@demps said in [Ash Barty\.\.](/post/1525026) said:
@fade-to-black said in [Ash Barty\.\.](/post/1525024) said:
@hank37w said in [Ash Barty\.\.](/post/1525009) said:
@stryker-69 said in [Ash Barty\.\.](/post/1524828) said:
@earl said in [Ash Barty\.\.](/post/1524816) said:
@cobarcats said in [Ash Barty\.\.](/post/1524813) said:
@earl said in [Ash Barty\.\.](/post/1524811) said:
An absolute superstar. She comes across as an awesome person as well.

She is a Tigers supporter as well.

Richmond Tigers supporter

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashleigh_Barty#Personal_life

It says Wests Tigers.. it could be nonsense though because it's wikipedia.

She follows Wests Tigers as well. There are pictures of her in our gear.

WOW!

A Wests Tigers supporter that is not a loser.

They mustn't have rubbed off onto her yet.

Can't remember a more popular sportsperson than Ash.

I can...

His name is Nick Kyrgios (1.8m followers) compared to Ash Barty (460k)

??

?

Nick is everyone's mate?

• Haha
Reactions: BZN
@stryker-69 said in [Ash Barty\.\.](/post/1525017) said:
Calling him a flog or downplaying the achievement is petty under this narrative.

There is a bit more nuance to what is being discussed though isn't there. I like the guy. I think winning the doubles is great. I also think he has the talent to perform better in singles than what he has so far in his career.

@earl said in [Ash Barty\.\.](/post/1525047) said:
Calling him a flog or downplaying the achievement is petty under this narrative.

There is a bit more nuance to what is being discussed though isn't there. I like the guy. I think winning the doubles is great. I also think he has the talent to perform better in singles than what he has so far in his career.

I think that is definitely the case and he has mentioned this himself.
But surely that’s a discussion for another day as the topic originally being discussed was the doubles championship win against great odds.

He doesn't have the ticker to go much further in singles than what he already has. Downhill skier who hoists the white flag when he's getting beat. The polar opposite of Hewitt pretty much.

@fade-to-black said in [Ash Barty\.\.](/post/1525074) said:

He doesn't have the ticker to go much further in singles than what he already has. Downhill skier who hoists the white flag when he's getting beat. The polar opposite of Hewitt pretty much.

de Minaur reminds me of Hewitt. No big weapon but a great competitor.

@upthetigers said in [Ash Barty\.\.](/post/1525078) said:

ADM seems like a good guy. Would like to see him do well.

@fade-to-black said in [Ash Barty\.\.](/post/1525080) said:
@upthetigers said in [Ash Barty\.\.](/post/1525078) said:

ADM seems like a good guy. Would like to see him do well.

I'd like to see him win a grand slam but realistically you need a big weapon to compete with the top 10. He's a player that will beat players ranked below him but will struggle with the elite players. Hope he proves me wrong.

We gotta have a good shot at Davis Cup this year!

As for Nick, I'm a bit confused. I like his energy and I like it when people are themselves. It's good fun.

What I don't like (and agree with Daniil to an extent) is that this behaviour brings in hooligans and rowdiness. Tennis is what it is not just because of players but the crowd as well. It was extremely frustrating yesterday when the chair ump had to ask people to be quiet almost each game.

It's got nothing to do with the whole "purist vs new age" tennis argument. All you can do after this is start ejecting people.

Didn't see that coming. Well done on a short but very bright tennis career. Cricket, then tennis, golf may be her next challenge??

I'm genuinely shocked - I was looking forward to her dominating tennis for many years to come. All the power to her for getting out now and moving forward.

Back