Ask The Boss Segment

Hello - I noticed the "Ask the Boss | December Edition" is up on the Wests Tigers website (and via Email to members/fans).

Could a WTF hero put it up here so we can all share the insights etc.
Thanks.

Good to see Klemmer earning part of his big salary after training, but more importantly, he seems to be comfortable here, and was interesting to hear his connection with Brooks.

Best news for mine was when David referred to no players needing to "catch up" on fitness, and further to that, just how much difference having top shelf facilities has to the attitude of and to training as a whole across the squad.

It might only be a couple or few percentage points difference from standard centres, but when our club is making the jump from demountable sheds, which were not that different to our previous competition worst level facilities, I expect it's results to make a considerable difference on game days as well.

First off, thanks champion @Demps for uploading this.

I'd feel better about this concept if Justin Pascoe was not the host.
He might have great intentions, to be seen as one of us, but he presents, in my opinion, as too flippant, too matey, and shallow about the topics.

For example, at 14m17s. there was a question with 3 parts and it was unprofessionally dealt with, so that Klemmer became confused. The question was relevant to our club going into 2023 yet it became lost.

If it is a Q & A< it should be a Q & A - not side tracked with drivel and in-shop comments.

Not meaning to pick, just we need to be professional.

First off, thanks champion @Demps for uploading this.

I'd feel better about this concept if Justin Pascoe was not the host.
He might have great intentions, to be seen as one of us, but he presents, in my opinion, as too flippant, too matey, and shallow about the topics.

For example, at 14m17s. there was a question with 3 parts and it was unprofessionally dealt with, so that Klemmer became confused. The question was relevant to our club going into 2023 yet it became lost.

If it is a Q & A< it should be a Q & A - not side tracked with drivel and in-shop comments.

Not meaning to pick, just we need to be professional.
this episode like all the other was so fake and hopeless ..seriously they are best to discontinue just like Tiger Tales..an embarrassment to the club and its supporters and membership

this episode like all the other was so fake and hopeless ..seriously they are best to discontinue just like Tiger Tales..an embarrassment to the club and its supporters and membership

I agree...

I prefer the Q and As that were on Instagram and the players just answer the questions...

Very engaging, not awkward.

Also, you get very little sense of how good a coach is from interview but to me Benji sounds really amateur and naive. He talks about how he likes joining training, being positive about players having a go, making the club family friendly again, repeating gospel of sheens, joining in to show them what he means, him being competitive in drills. I don't think any of that is negative, it just seems pretty insubstantial and a lot of it focused on his own participation and his satisfaction with it rather than observations on the team and satisfaction in seeing player development.

You listen to Bellamy or Robinson talk about coaching a team and there's a much bigger picture focus with trying to create a sense of purpose and developing clear roles and expectations. Sort of building human beings, the team and teaching the significance of the team within the broader world. Benji coaching seems more like, 'let's have a go!', 'try this', 'i do it like this, learn from me' without that deeper awareness.

More negativity, apologies. Was just a reflection on how he spoke there. Hopefully I'm wrong.
Are you saying, when he said he was a “man manager “ type of coach, he was actually meaning in the singular sense?
You could be right?
Social media followers would lap up this stuff. Right?

Yeah, Pascoe still awful in these segments. Asks klem about 'onboarding', klem ignores that part of question, then Pascoe proudly rattles off the onboarding process, which seems to be that new recruits get a sticker and a shirt, while Klemmer has to sit there and nod about our fantastic onboarding process. Then apparently he's pulling pranks with klemmer and joking about it. Don't really think the players want CEO involved that way, but I could be wrong.

On klemmer, didn't get through much besides things being 'eye opening' and him being 'stoked' a fair bit. All the coaches 'been good' and 'want the best out of the players' and Sheens 'is a footy coach'. Personally, I'm pleased our coach is in the right sport. Also sounds like Benji and Robbie still hogging the ball.

Gee you're living large when you're writing a post about an interview.

It honestly is not hard to say "We have made some mistakes in the past and we are determined not to make any more".He would get a lot of respect from many people just by saying something like that without going into specifics
That would open up a whole new tin of worms. The far less you say, the far less people can find fault. This is taught to all public speakers, Politicians , CEO'S,Police etc. It is suicide ,

Benny, either love him or hate him, he is a character, and the game has very few in these days of PC. About 20yrs ago a close friend and Souths supporter went to a conference in Brisbane.
Benny was one of the guest speakers, and he was hated as much as Paul Gallen in qld.
($40,000) a pop. He said he was brilliant and had the place in the palm of his hand. Very funny and sent himself up and bagged Qld as well. This was not to say they still don't hate him, but he knows how to make a buck, and is smart. He sometimes makes me cringe, and sometimes makes me laugh, but not to be taken seriously!

Back