Ava - Sharks -[Official]...

My Sharkies friends asked me "is he any good?" Clearly Ava doesn't have much of a reputation in other fanbases, though he did a lot for his cause ironing out Matt Prior last week.

I told them he's a good no-nonsense prop for the right price, hearing you probably paid a bit too much but he'll do his job every week. Don't think he will go to the next level.

@ said:
@ said:
There was no seat on the bus for Ava plain and simple .

…. or his ticket was sacrificed due to his manager.

Nothing to do with his manager ..the clean out of the entire club seems to be finally happening .It seems to me there has been a decision made to harden up the place and this means moving players on and bringing in a new culture that has not been here for a decade .. Ava was one such type IMO

From my understanding it was all about money, the Sharks offered a lot better deal and good luck to him. It must be very hard for a bloke like Ava to see the three amigos get offered monopoly money contracts and all there carry ons and he gets offered probably 80% less. I mean he does the same hard grind and some would argue he does a harder grind and gets a fraction of the coin.

He will go very well for the Sharks, nice guy and will be missed unlike some others

Good Luck at the Sharks Ava! glad to here he got more coin there.
Wests Tigers need to go hard at upgrading Ava (like Moses for Reynolds), hopefully it works out well for both parties.

@ said:
From my understanding it was all about money, the Sharks offered a lot better deal and good luck to him. It must be very hard for a bloke like Ava to see the three amigos get offered monopoly money contracts and all there carry ons and he gets offered probably 80% less. I mean he does the same hard grind and some would argue he does a harder grind and gets a fraction of the coin.

He will go very well for the Sharks, nice guy and will be missed unlike some others

Exactly. This is the impact of having overhyped superstars on the books. It would also suck when you hear Woods stating that he had to carry the team and he had no other props to help him out.

@ said:
@ said:

Exactly. This is the impact of having overhyped superstars on the books. It would also suck when you hear Woods stating that he had to carry the team and he had no other props to help him out.

Gotta wish him the best. I was always hoping he would up the ante with some aggression but I think at 25yo it is not going to happen. Probably just too nice a guy!

An honest toiler who reportedly got offered overs by the Sharks. Glad to see we didn't match it. JJ and Tatola have him covered.

liked his effort and I wish him all the best, unlike the other 3 nobs, he will leave with the fans best wishes.

Good luck to Ava - actually thought he was slowly coming good and might have been able to pull out those tougher performances more consistently. Hopefully for Ava this will happen at his next club maybe with a few big, hard and angry forwards around him.
Not sold on Packer as a Tigers player - definitely others that I'd prefer. We certainly need one more quality prop besides him so I hope we are still looking.

He's pretty unknown to other supporters, from my experience.

Under rated signing for the sharks but as mentioned. He's nothing special.

We've upgraded with Alex twal imo.

This is how you announce you are leaving an organisation. Love this bloke. Will miss him.

![](https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C-5KHy4W0AAvC4M.jpg:medium)

This actually sucks. He's replaceable, no doubt, but he's one of those guys over the last few years that has been easy to get attached to. At present, i'm more annoyed about him leaving than the others. He didn't make a spectacle of himself though, and has gone about leaving the right way, so no hard feelings.

Kind of makes it even harder huh. Been easy to say goodbye to Woodsy the way he has behaved. He was so beloved it could have played out very differently. I wonder if he has just pulled the wrong reign or if he really is just a shell of who we thought he was.

That was really well said by Ava. Rip in for the rest of the season then good luck for the rest of career Champ.

I love Ava and it's sad to see him go but at least he has handled this with class.

Latest posts

Members online

Back