Ava - Sharks -[Official]...

@ said:
I am a fan of Ava and I am disappointed that he is leaving. He deserves every success in his NRL career and I hope the move to Cronulla is a good one for him. I can only assume his offer at Cronulla was significantly above what was offered at WT.

I am not so enthusiastic about Packer as a replacement though.

SG reported a fair bit more that what he is on now, good luck to him, but we will move on

Thanks for trying Ava. And for not making a fuss about leaving. Good bloke. Moving on. We should blood Tatola and Felise properly now. Ava can play reserve grade.

Ava is an honest toiler. Glad to hear he will get another two years in first grade. I think Sue is a superior player.

Still, we do need some more signings. There are a lot of holes in the squad. At this stage we still have very few guys on contract.

Good luck to him at the Sharks, he came here looking for an opportunity and he got it. Overall I suspect his career has probably hit the plateau.

@ said:
Good luck to him at the Sharks, he came here looking for an opportunity and he got it. Overall I suspect his career has probably hit the plateau.

Correct, now to reserve grade at the sharks! :unamused:

@ said:
I am a fan of Ava and I am disappointed that he is leaving. He deserves every success in his NRL career and I hope the move to Cronulla is a good one for him. I can only assume his offer at Cronulla was significantly above what was offered at WT.

I am not so enthusiastic about Packer as a replacement though.

I'm with you on that one. Not someone to get excited about.”

Thanks Ava for your time, like everyone I agree he wasn't a superstar but he is the type of player every club needs, for the right price!

I think he is the perfect example of someone that was a starting player for us but will probably never be that again at another club, just a sign of our lack of depth especially at prop.

Either way I wish him the best, never created problems for our club, gave his best and a gentleman until the end.

Don't know why the Knights didn't go after Ava….. he'd be great for them

Sad to see Ava go but I assume he got a better offer then what Cleary had on the table.

There are over 200 nrl players off contract and the cap is looking smaller then many clubs have already spent.

We are still in a very strong position regarding talent acquisition.

Haha actually like Ava but don't think he has hit many highs with us

He tweeted thanking the fans for turning up at our last game a few days ago

I responded with "Good stuff, trying to save yourself from a boo" to which he liked lol

@ said:
Don't know why the Knights didn't go after Ava….. he'd be great for them

They have quite a few similar forwards to Ava. They are lacking a genuine forward leader - which Ava wouldnt be - and half a first grade quality backline.

I don't have anything bad to say about big Ava. He signed for another club but did it without fuss and drama. If he got a better contract then good luck to him.

We probably need to sign 3 more props for next year unless JJ or Tatola step up and surprise.

Kept his mouth shut, didn't blame anyone else for him leaving and just went about his business with no attention or fan fare. Did what was asked of him and leaves with his head held high. His long haired Robbo wanna be mate could take some tips from him. I have a lot of respect for Ava.

@ said:
Kept his mouth shut, didn't blame anyone else for him leaving and just went about his business with no attention or fan fare. Did what was asked of him and leaves with his head held high. His long haired Robbo wanna be mate could take some tips from him. I have a lot of respect for Ava.

Agreed, this is the perfect example of professionalism - there was nothing in the media, no interviews, no crazy rumours going around. He just went about his business and signed no drama no hassle.

Didnt realise he was only 25.

Thats not good for the tigers. I would have liked him on the bus

Latest posts

Members online

Back