Ava - Sharks -[Official]...

I would do all we can to keep Ava - not so easily replaced in that money bracket.

I'm sad we are losing him, doesn't seem to have the inflated opinion of himself that some others have.

However, if the numbers are correct, then I think it is too much.

I'm just waiting for the journos to get all over this with "Tigers lose yet another up and coming star"

@ said:
I'm just waiting for the journos to get all over this with "Tigers lose yet another up and coming star"

Haha. Hooper is gona be so filthy over losing the next Ruben WIki.

Whats with these average props thinking they're worth so much money?

Was it Wayne Bennet who said he wouldn't pay overs for a prop?
Jeez, Woods & Ava want 1.5 million between them?

Ava is as basic as they come & Woods is slightly better (probably top 5 or close abouts in the game) but very inflated price tags on the both of these stooges.

@ said:
@ said:

Haha. Hooper is gona be so filthy over losing the next Ruben WIki.

Funny enough Hoops has missed the Scoop,
Said nothing on MMM when asked about player movements just a moment ago.

Sad news if Ava leaves. Nothing fancy but played his role in the team. Has really become a consistent prop over the last couple of years and earned a starting spot in the team. Didn't give away many penalties and took the tough runs unlike Woods.

I was lucky enough to play with Ava when he moved over from NZ. Funnily enough Gary Freeman was our coach and played Ava on the wing a fair bit because he was so big compared to the other guys and it was almost a guaranteed try each time. He was surprisingly quick back then too.

I wouldn't imagine his decision was based on 'direction of the club' or some other rubbish like the others have dished up. Ava was always trying to get into grade to better support his family and they gave up a lot to give him the best opportunities so I'd assume this would be a financial reason behind him leaving.

I wish Ava all the best in his career. A real gentle giant and a great bloke.

Good luck Ava - appreciate your contribution to the Tigers. Will miss your efforts.

Tigers v Eels (Moses signs with Eels)
Tigers v Dogs (Woods signs with Dogs)
Tigers v Sharks (Ava signs with Sharks)

Who we playing next?

@ said:
Sad news if Ava leaves. Nothing fancy but played his role in the team. Has really become a consistent prop over the last couple of years and earned a starting spot in the team. Didn't give away many penalties and took the tough runs unlike Woods.

I was lucky enough to play with Ava when he moved over from NZ. Funnily enough Gary Freeman was our coach and played Ava on the wing a fair bit because he was so big compared to the other guys and it was almost a guaranteed try each time. He was surprisingly quick back then too.

I wouldn't imagine his decision was based on 'direction of the club' or some other rubbish like the others have dished up. Ava was always trying to get into grade to better support his family and they gave up a lot to give him the best opportunities so I'd assume this would be a financial reason behind him leaving.

I wish Ava all the best in his career. A real gentle giant and a great bloke.

I like Ava and appreciate that he has a family to support and must take the best offer available. I'd like to see him progress to NZ selection so a change of clubs won't do him any harm.

According to Hooper he was unhappy because the Big 4 scenario overshadowed his contract talks.

Blame ya' manager for that mate.

Latest posts

Members online

Back