Ben Roberts

innsaneink

Maybe we should make a play for Ben Roberts?
With the Dogs signing new players Hodkinson & Keating for the halves, and along with Ben Barba…they may
be inclined to release him....

Ben Roberts is a decent enough player but in IMHO not the player we want.

Roberts is not an organising 5/8 and plays what is in front of him - and when it comes to that aspect Benji is far superior.

Believe it or not I think we should be having a look at Noddy for a year. He still wants to play, has a great kicking game and will organise the team. It will also give Lui a chance to develop as well

Comon boys…..the bloke is a neville....why are we always content with going after wood ducks, lets aim high for once....cut some of the cap theives we are harbouring, and have a fairdinkum go at Cronk

@spaceman said:
Comon boys…..the bloke is a neville....why are we always content with going after wood ducks, lets aim high for once....cut some of the cap theives we are harbouring, and have a fairdinkum go at Cronk

Dream on…..

Roberts and his best is an exciting and explosive player but theres no way that you could have him and Benji in the halves together. Both 5/8s and both far to erratic.

I seem to remember him getting on the piss and attempting to punch Robbie's head in a couple of years ago at Northies..

Spacey's right. It's about time Wests Tigers adopted a ruthless mentality. It's time to play hard ball and be active in the market place. Parra and St.Gilla have made their intentions clear and are going hard for Cronk should he be forced out of Melbourne. It's time Wests joined them. If Sheens is fair dinkum and true to his word about this attracting and bringing 1 class player to the club each season, well look no further than one Cooper Cronk. The bloke is exactly the #7 that Wests require. A strong kicking game, a solid organiser, with great vision and ball playing ability who doesn't mind testing the opposition defence and takes on the line and his defence is as tough as teak. It's the Tigers biggest problem and it has never been rectified. There was never a contingency plan for life after Prince, minaly due to the fact that Sheens and everyone else believed Prince would never leave. Well he did and Wests have done bugger all since then. All good Premiership contenders and winners have had good halves. Sadly, Wests have never been able to fill the void. Cronk could very well be the missing piece of the puzzle. Time will tell i guess, but Wests Tigers should make him the No. 1 priortiy on their radar without question…

Ive been content with having Robbie Farah and Benji Marshall as our stars for a couple of years now. The time has come for change. If the Tigers could attract a dominant Half like Cronk, I'd be more than happy to pay him overs to secure his signature.

A guy like Cooper will take control of the ruck and the attack. This will allow Robbie to play his natural game and make decisions like we saw in the 78th minute on Friday. And you only need to look how deep and wide Benji plays when Tim Moltzen is at first reciever. If we have a 7 that Benji has confidence in, he will be able to do his 'zip zip' rubbish only when Cooper allows him.

We will get him for $850k…

@Leroy The Tigers Fan said:
Wasn't he a Wests Junior who slipped through the cracks like Ryan Hoffman etc etc?.

Not sure if this is right or wrong. But if he is playing for Qld, I wouldnt think he was a Wests Junior?

Yeah Yeah, what about greg ingliss… blah blah blah...

@Tiger Watto said:
Wasn't he a Wests Junior who slipped through the cracks like Ryan Hoffman etc etc?.

Not sure if this is right or wrong. But if he is playing for Qld, I wouldnt think he was a Wests Junior?

Yeah Yeah, what about greg ingliss… blah blah blah...

I think Leroy is referring to Roberts who did indeed come through the magpie ranks.

He had a few in front of him…....Bit too much like Benji......as he was early on....

Had plenty of oppportunity at the Dogs....failed most times....

Then there's the 'club' thing....

We have 2 halfbacks and yes they are both injured right now but that is so unusual at any club and wont continue next year when we will have 2 to decide from and I would be ok if we didnt sign anyone new but kept our current squad for next year (we are 3rd afterall including having stars out injured) perhaps a prop but depends on how our juniors in the forwards come through

Latest posts

Back