Benji Marshall and his silly PowerBalance bands

There seems to be a market here. Maybe I should start a business selling something like that.

@Yossarian said:
@T-REXX said:
it works if you beleive it works.. simple really… plus the brand sponsors the club..

KUL if this is the worst thing to whinge about, its a good day... honestly mate, its a bloody band... why does it bother you if he wears it...

I think he's more concerned with a whole bunch of kids who love Benji getting their folks to fork over serious cash for a worthless piece of plastic… And if he is like me he deplores the pseudo science behind it.

That's exactly it

If it was something like headgear, blue boots or skins then fine, all is good
But these claims that they are "optimizing the body’s natural energy flow, similar to concepts behind many Eastern philosophies. The hologram in Power Balance is designed to resonate with and respond to the natural energy field of the body." is just stupid and he is sending the wrong (and irresponsible) message to kids & adults. Power crystals? Spirit rings? Magneto-mattresses? It's all crap that has been proven wrong time and time again and it is a crying shame that Benji is promoting it. He may as well say "stuff you" to scientific method and get us back to believing in blood letting, humours and voodoo!

It's morally wrong

The only idiots are people who fall for the gimmick and make the purchase.

Penis enlargement pills and ab-circle pros have been advertised and sold for years, we all know they don't work, but a select few will always make the purchase. Let them make the mistake, it is the only way they learn.

@KingOvKingz09 said:
@Masterton said:
I know! I also get frustrated when I hear about players praying to some old beardy guy in the sky. Totally unscientific and should be banned.

On a tangent, do those funny looking things player wear on their hammys work?

so praying to god should be banned ?

I think the point is that there is strictly no scientific evidence supporting the existence of God, but we don't criticise footballers who thank God for their success etc.

In any case, I think some of us are over-reacting here - could we at least change the title of this thread? Benji is not an idiot.

@Kul said:
@Yossarian said:
@T-REXX said:
it works if you beleive it works.. simple really… plus the brand sponsors the club..

KUL if this is the worst thing to whinge about, its a good day... honestly mate, its a bloody band... why does it bother you if he wears it...

I think he's more concerned with a whole bunch of kids who love Benji getting their folks to fork over serious cash for a worthless piece of plastic… And if he is like me he deplores the pseudo science behind it.

That's exactly it

If it was something like headgear, blue boots or skins then fine, all is good
But these claims that they are "optimizing the body’s natural energy flow, similar to concepts behind many Eastern philosophies. The hologram in Power Balance is designed to resonate with and respond to the natural energy field of the body." is just stupid and he is sending the wrong (and irresponsible) message to kids & adults. Power crystals? Spirit rings? Magneto-mattresses? It's all crap that has been proven wrong time and time again and it is a crying shame that Benji is promoting it. He may as well say "stuff you" to scientific method and get us back to believing in blood letting, humours and voodoo!

It's morally wrong

Kul - what do you think organised religion is? they're selling a product for gain, life after death. You can say this is immoral and blah, blah, blah - at the end of the day if it makes some peoples life a little easier to deal with, then so be it.

Are you a Christian Kul - Believe in God?, an after life? a son of God that lived 2,000 years ago. What seems crazy to you is the truth to someone else. I noticed you picked on eastern philosophies in you post? why is that?

I'm an atheist and i'm assuming you are too…, otherwise you're a hypocrite.

@Paris Cobbs said:
@KingOvKingz09 said:
@Masterton said:
I know! I also get frustrated when I hear about players praying to some old beardy guy in the sky. Totally unscientific and should be banned.

On a tangent, do those funny looking things player wear on their hammys work?

so praying to god should be banned ?

I think the point is that there is strictly no scientific evidence supporting the existence of God, but we don't criticise footballers who thank God for their success etc.

In any case, I think some of us are over-reacting here - could we at least change the title of this thread? Benji is not an idiot.

AGREE - CHANGE THE TITLE OF THE THREAD.

@Centaur said:

Penis enlargement pills and ab-circle pros have been advertised and sold for years, we all know they don't work, but a select few will always make the purchase. Let them make the mistake, it is the only way they learn.

Those pills dont work????

damn it…..

Have a look at things that people buy. Alot of it is a waste of money. It's just like people wasting alot of money on jewelry. No one is making them buy it.

@stryker said:
@Centaur said:

Those pills dont work????

damn it…..

Yeah , stop bagging those pills .. if the band works for Benji then in theory those pills should work too.. :smiling_imp:

@alien said:
Have a look at things that people buy. Alot of it is a waste of money. **It's just like people wasting alot of money on jewelry. No one is making them buy it**.

A LOT of husbands/boyfriends would beg to differ!!

@Centaur said:
@alien said:
Have a look at things that people buy. Alot of it is a waste of money. **It's just like people wasting alot of money on jewelry. No one is making them buy it**.

A LOT of husbands/boyfriends would beg to differ!!

:laughing: fair enough

Latest posts

Members online

Back