Brisbane Meet & greet.

Imagine that convo.

Tim Sheens: Well we have Papali'i under contract and we could just refuse to let him get out of it.

McDonnell: But mate, Manly still haven't officially signed our plodder Kelma. We don't need Papali'i anyway. Let's just let him back out of it.

Tim Sheens: Great idea Warren. I'm so glad to have you.

If the club is happy to resign old '1 run 12 metres Kelma' and let IP go, we won't be making any inroads from last place in a hurry....
More about the principle of insisting that players honour contracts - not comparing their ability.

Reactions: BZN
Sorry for the double up as I posted this already in the wrong topic.
The night was worth every cent. I spoke personally to every player except those who didn't make the trip.
It was more like a sportsman's like function...food, drinks, a couple of guest speakers, players signing stuff and raffles for signed jersey and corporate seats to the Broncos game.
I asked Kimmorley what's going to happen with him next year and he said he will be in charge of developing the step up.
I figure that means picking the eyes out of juniors and getting them ready for NRL.... development in other words. Nothing new but at least it's confirmed.
The best thing is Kelma told me he has not signed with Manly who are putting on the squeeze. He said he's waiting to see what WT come up with.... interesting. I thought he had signed.
He said he wants to stay 😁🤔 I told him I'd throw in 10 bucks and begged him to stay..we had a laugh.
The coach told me in the morning there is no training, just a walk with shoes on...no earthing 😁
Spoke a lot to Daine Laurie and chatted about his and my indigenous rellies, it was worth coming here just for this.
Whilst talking to a group they said Noffa is definately coming back for preseason training.
Junior T's birthday and on stage with all the boys he blew the cake candles out.
James T said he really wants to be apart of the team next year because he loves the boys and he sees them building something special.
Daine was cheaky as, when Joffa was asking the fans for any more questions, Daine said "I have one, do you have any of that ringworm cream left" crowd laughed.
Joffa when interviewed about the heartbreaking loss to the Cowboys said the boys drowned their sorrows at the mad cow nightclub.
I'll post up a couple of pics tomorrow and any more gos that crops up.

P.S. One of the most athletic dude surprisingly was Starford To'a.
Awesome work Cobarcats, thanks heaps for info, much appreciated!!! Go the Tigers tonight!!

Sorry for the double up as I posted this already in the wrong topic.
The night was worth every cent. I spoke personally to every player except those who didn't make the trip.
It was more like a sportsman's like function...food, drinks, a couple of guest speakers, players signing stuff and raffles for signed jersey and corporate seats to the Broncos game.
I asked Kimmorley what's going to happen with him next year and he said he will be in charge of developing the step up.
I figure that means picking the eyes out of juniors and getting them ready for NRL.... development in other words. Nothing new but at least it's confirmed.
The best thing is Kelma told me he has not signed with Manly who are putting on the squeeze. He said he's waiting to see what WT come up with.... interesting. I thought he had signed.
He said he wants to stay 😁🤔 I told him I'd throw in 10 bucks and begged him to stay..we had a laugh.
The coach told me in the morning there is no training, just a walk with shoes on...no earthing 😁
Spoke a lot to Daine Laurie and chatted about his and my indigenous rellies, it was worth coming here just for this.
Whilst talking to a group they said Noffa is definately coming back for preseason training.
Junior T's birthday and on stage with all the boys he blew the cake candles out.
James T said he really wants to be apart of the team next year because he loves the boys and he sees them building something special.
Daine was cheaky as, when Joffa was asking the fans for any more questions, Daine said "I have one, do you have any of that ringworm cream left" crowd laughed.
Joffa when interviewed about the heartbreaking loss to the Cowboys said the boys drowned their sorrows at the mad cow nightclub.
I'll post up a couple of pics tomorrow and any more gos that crops up.

P.S. One of the most athletic dude surprisingly was Starford To'a.
Great report champion @Cobarcats - sounds like it went off, smiles all round.

Because the hiring of a venue and putting the food on is not free…
Could just make it for Members as part of their annual fee...it adds value and encourages new signups for those that are interested in something like this.

Money isn't a problem for me especially for what I got out of it.
I understand the price is expensive for a family.
It was at the Town Hall, food, staff, etc. Things are not cheap these days and the organisers said it was going to be a small gathering to make it more personal.
They could have made it a BBQ type deal at an oval which costs stuff all which I've been to but this was different.
I'm not winging, too much of that goes on, time to have some fun 😁👍
Everyone values things differently. I happily pay $3p/w to read my local online paper yet most comments are about how much a rip off it is. They must value it somewhat if they want to read it?

I would certainly pay that and would have gone if work and family permitted. Costs $60 to take family to Macca’s these days 🤣

Appreciate the updates 👌🏻

I was getting a photo with Jacko and doueihi and I noticed that Jacko wears a wrist band with the words “I promise” visible. I asked him what it was in relation to and he said it’s a bit corny but he started wearing it four years ago after he was sacked and never takes it off. Must have hit him hard and I gather a reminder of not to be in that situation again.

They look relaxed and in good spirits.
Upset on the cards this evening.
Mate I'm just about to go to the game.
I wish I had a can of woopass or a bit of Ronnie Palmers "energy dust" to throw around the place.
If we beat Brisbane it will be our best effort so far because they are looking good this year.
Just fight to the full time whistle please boys. 😻

Mate I'm just about to go to the game.
I wish I had a can of woopass or a bit of Ronnie Palmers "energy dust" to throw around the place.
If we beat Brisbane it will be our best effort so far because they are looking good this year.
Just fight to the full time whistle please boys. 😻
🎯

Latest posts

Staff online

Back