Broadband Suggestions

Muffstar

Hi Guys, we are downsizing from a house to an apartment and currently we use Telstra for everything, Fox, Phones, Broadband. Where we are moving to if we want Fox, we need to use Foxtel Now, so no IQ boxes, so basically streaming everything.

I have seen some adds promoting Aussie Broadband, which seems to have local support if needed, which appeals to me, so no calls to offshore call centres. Is anyone else using Aussie ?

If so any feedback, i.e modem quality, speed, reliability, contracts etc.

Any other suggestions also would be appreciated.

@Muffstar said in [Broadband Suggestions](/post/1146203) said:
Hi Guys, we are downsizing from a house to an apartment and currently we use Telstra for everything, Fox, Phones, Broadband. Where we are moving to if we want Fox, we need to use Foxtel Now, so no IQ boxes, so basically streaming everything.

I have seen some adds promoting Aussie Broadband, which seems to have local support if needed, which appeals to me, so no calls to offshore call centres. Is anyone else using Aussie ?

Seen on the ad that Aussie received the Canstar award for "best value broadband" or something similar. Bloke at work has it and says it's good.
I need to sign up to broadband after this Corona thing blows over so am interested as well in people's recommendations.

Have to agree TPG had good performance and customer service - the few issues we had was dealt with promptly and easily. My comparator is Telstra/Foxtel bundle and if I have a problem with Internet they are S**T with their response time and actually almost impossible to talk with someone who knows anything.

We will be moving in a few months and there is NBN where we are going... Don't understand it really can I still use the provider of my choice with NBN or what exactly?
We'll want wifi internet, Netflix and maybe all the footy too can I get all that in one hit?
Been more than a decade since I've done this and then it was just optus cable net and foxtel

@innsaneink said in [Broadband Suggestions](/post/1146241) said:
We will be moving in a few months and there is NBN where we are going... Don't understand it really can I still use the provider of my choice with NBN or what exactly?
We'll want wifi internet, Netflix and maybe all the footy too can I get all that in one hit?
Been more than a decade since I've done this and then it was just optus cable net and foxtel

Yes you can choose your provider. You will get to choose the speed you want as well. I just use a Telstra TV box to get my streaming apps. You can put Netflix, Stan, Prime, Foxtel, Kayo, Spotify, Youtube plus heaps others. There is also Apple TV, Vodafone TV. I would think Telstra or Foxtel would be the only internet providers who offer Netflix and Foxtel Sports in their service.

Last 2 years i've used 3 providers. Had great experiences with them all.

1. Mate (current) - $79/month (I experience better wifi speeds with them compared to the others), hence edges the others out.

2. Launtel - You can pause your service (day, week etc) & resume when you want. Basically only paying for days you want to use the service. Good for those who work away from home at times.

3. Aussiebroadband - Cant fault them, just more value & saving going with Mate. All 3 mentioned have aussie customer service & are reliable connections.

Mate $79 (100Mbps), + Netflix + Kayo is value for money. Don't need Fox.

@CocaCola said in [Broadband Suggestions](/post/1146246) said:

1. Mate (current) - $79/month (I experience better wifi speeds with them compared to the others), hence edges the others out.

2. Launtel - You can pause your service (day, week etc) & resume when you want. Basically only paying for days you want to use the service. Good for those who work away from home at times.

3. Aussiebroadband - Cant fault them, just more value & saving going with Mate. All 3 mentioned have aussie customer service & are reliable connections.

Is $79/month for unlimited data?
I have absolutely no idea when it comes to tech stuff, suggestions are greatly appreciated mate👍

Just looking at Mate plans.... I would have to add Kayo & Netflix myself yeh?
Can't see them anywhere there.
There will be 2 adults using internet browsing & Netflix and one kid using XBox... Not sure what speed we'd need

@Fade-To-Black said in [Broadband Suggestions](/post/1146247) said:

Is $79/month for unlimited data?
I have absolutely no idea when it comes to tech stuff, suggestions are greatly appreciated mate?

All their plans seem to be unlimited data

Geez - I'm payin' top $$$ for Foxtel.
I think I need to have a think about this too - as we're maybe having to get NBN soon too.
Thanks everyone for the info - it's all a new ball park for me.

DODO $65 per month unlimited data the middle NBN speed ..only 2 of us but TV Fox laptops phones ipads all run from it no problem ..home phone is included but never use it don't even know the number..zero streaming issues..unlike previous with Telstra who were charging around $120..just for broadband /phone..

Why do you need to use Foxtel now. Have you confirmed that the apartment is not wired for Foxtel? It may be worth double checking. I know a lot of older buildings aren’t but many modern buildings are. We just downsized to a 1 bedroom apartment and the complex is wired for Foxtel satellite and works with an IQ4. The only channels we miss out on are the free to air SD channels.

Currently we have Tangerine (VOCUS) NBN and haven’t had any issues so far. We’ve used Aussie Broadband before, very helpful and had no issues with them either, pretty good service actually.

Just getting nbn now I think. Good suggestions above and will check for deals over the next few months and get a deal somewhere

To be honest the middle speed is where I would be aiming with most providers, that should be around 50mbps. What you actually get in the home will be less than that, hopefully above 40mbps, our infrastructure isn't worth going for the higher speeds as it is unlikely you will achieve those speeds. If you are on optic fibre to the home is the only time I would look at the higher speed plans.

@mike said in [Broadband Suggestions](/post/1146262) said:

Why do you need to use Foxtel now. Have you confirmed that the apartment is not wired for Foxtel? It may be worth double checking. I know a lot of older buildings aren’t but many modern buildings are. We just downsized to a 1 bedroom apartment and the complex is wired for Foxtel satellite and works with an IQ4. The only channels we miss out on are the free to air SD channels.

Currently we have Tangerine (VOCUS) NBN and haven’t had any issues so far. We’ve used Aussie Broadband before, very helpful and had no issues with them either, pretty good service actually.

I believe Telstra has started only including Foxtel now in their packages to save costs.

Been with Telstra for years, never had any problems. Speeds have been ok and customer service has actually been fantastic. Have my FOXTEL through Telstra but will be looking into whether its worth keeping.

@cochise said in [Broadband Suggestions](/post/1146265) said:

I believe Telstra has started only including Foxtel now in their packages to save costs.

How about direct from Foxtel?

@mike said in [Broadband Suggestions](/post/1146267) said:
@cochise said in [Broadband Suggestions](/post/1146265) said:

How about direct from Foxtel?

Not sure but @Muffstar was looking at bundling with Telstra and they only bundle Foxtel now I believe. Can still get regular Foxtel direct.

@tiger_one said in [Broadband Suggestions](/post/1146260) said:
Geez - I'm payin' top $$$ for Foxtel.
I think I need to have a think about this too - as we're maybe having to get NBN soon too.
Thanks everyone for the info - it's all a new ball park for me.

Now is the time to strike tiger_one..especially if you are a long term customer..their latest deal for new customers is Premium All channels IQ4 + HD $74 a month but due to covid you get Movies for free next 3 months saving $29 per month..

So if you are paying more you are getting ripped off..

Don't take no for an answer ..don't talk to customer service either ask to be put straight through to I want to terminate my contract...

Back