Campbelltown crowds

i agree with that proposition but my point is I wouldn’t blame the area , I blame the club for lack of crowds. Other than the original merged players , have any players talked up or given a duck about Campbelltown , look at Farah how he wept for LO when he got punted would he done the same if his last game had been at CO . I’m sure the locals have picked up the disdain the club has towards them .

‘’I would have 12-0 at LO

I think Teddy cried at his last game at Cambo…

Could have been tears of joy though that he was moving on

Cambo ain’t going no where. Better or worse it will be the home ground for a long time.

Reactions: BZN
Finished the season with an average crowd of 9,011. Compared to Leichhardt getting 15k on a raining Friday night 6pm game vs the Dogs following 3 bad losses. Leichhardt is sitting on on average of 14,214 so far after their 2 games. A difference of over 5k people.

Surely questions need to be asked. Crowds at Campbelltown are consistently poor. Just seems the area doesn't give enough support to the team whilst fans will turn up to Leichhardt rain, hail or shine.

Says a lot to me about where we should be focusing on going forward.
I was waiting for someone to post garbage like this today.
We are 2nd last playing against an out of town club. Like the crowd could even get into it??? From kick off we were totally outplayed and never looked like winning. Newcastle to their credit removed the crowd from the game. Would it have been any different at Leichhardt?
Its been proven that back when WT were playing a lot better (long time ago), Campbelltown drew crowds as big as Leichhardt. The fans also enjoyed a more modern facility.

General admission prices for Leichhardt are a joke also. $40 to stand on a mank hill and unless you're 6ft you cant see shit. Leichhardt has had its day and its time to move full time out to Campbelltown.

Nope. Too far away and that's part of the problem. Went there for the game v Manly and was a 4 hour round trip from the Inner West. Never again .
Throw shade at the locals for not turning up, but as a fan you couldn’t make the effort.

Hypocrite. Maybe they should play all of the games at the new SFS as that would be easy for everyone to get to

This is my point. Wests Ashfield are majority owners.
Forget the "Wests" part for a moment but if you're a club in Ashfield would you rather us play games at Leichhardt or Campbelltown?

That's a pretty easy decision.
Do you go back to wests Ashfield after the games at Leichhardt. I bet you don't and nor do 99% of the crowd that attends Leichhardt. Its silly to use that as an argument for more games at Leichhardt. Campbelltown is not the answer but i'm not so sure Leichhardt is either

P
Let’s put some context around this:
Leichhardt games are considered event games by people in the area and they tend to show up no matter what. 3-4 games at Leichhardt is the right number to keep this going.

Leichhardt has a long history with the Balmain Tigers side of the joint venture whereas Campbelltown was new and not established for Western Suburbs.

This years games at Campbelltown:
V Warriors 6pm Friday (very hard ground to get to at that time and an OS team)

V Manly Sunday afternoon - decent crowd for this one given how we have been travelling.

V Knights Sunday afternoon when both teams are having terrible seasons. Not many want to watch that (I wish I didn’t)

This year at Leichhardt:
V Bulldogs 6pm Friday (easier to get to at that time, Sydney team, massive chance for a win)

V Parramatta Saturday night - parra had plenty of fans there as well. It’s a big rivalry between the clubs as they are both based next to each other.

Campbelltown has shown it can generate support when we are winning, just as Leichhardt has shown it can get rubbish crowds for rubbish games.

I said after the first game v Melbourne when we got 9000 at commbank that’s crowds could get very poor this season as we were expected to be rubbish. Our home game average would be around 11000 at a guess. The team is playing poorly and aren’t going to drag in many casuals.

I grew up watching football at Leichhardt and will always be fond of the place. I have refereed on the ground, played football there, have many memories of games there. However I believe increasing the number of games there will help the club.
Campbelltown faithwell always have excuses for crowds that are worse than a primary school swimming carnival.

How about the Tigers playing at Leichhardt at 6pm on a Friday night in the pouring rain against the then last placed Budogs and getting over 15,000 people to the game?

If that game was at Campbelltown in those in conditions there would have been 3000 people there.

Leichhardt has had its day and its time to move full time out to Campbelltown.

You had me until the last point. I don't have a problem if we moved to the South-West but the fan needs to be out in droves every game they get.

They don't do that so we should split games between the two areas.

Lol we beat the Broncos last week and should have beat Cowboys the week before of not for poor refs.
If Campbelltown couldn't get a crowd today on a Sunday afternoon they never will.
Silly question because the answer is yes, I do cause it's on the way home. And 99% of the time I'm just about the only one that did.

I was waiting for someone to post garbage like this today.
We are 2nd last playing against an out of town club. Like the crowd could even get into it??? From kick off we were totally outplayed and never looked like winning. Newcastle to their credit removed the crowd from the game. Would it have been any different at Leichhardt?
Its been proven that back when WT were playing a lot better (long time ago), Campbelltown drew crowds as big as Leichhardt. The fans also enjoyed a more modern facility.

General admission prices for Leichhardt are a joke also. $40 to stand on a mank hill and unless you're 6ft you cant see shit. Leichhardt has had its day and its time to move full time out to Campbelltown.
If you were waiting for it you must realise there's truth to it then. Just proves my point even more.

• Wow
Reactions: BZN
P

Campbelltown faithwell always have excuses for crowds that are worse than a primary school swimming carnival.

How about the Tigers playing at Leichhardt at 6pm on a Friday night in the pouring rain against the then last placed Budogs and getting over 15,000 people to the game?

If that game was at Campbelltown in those in conditions there would have been 3000 people there.
Your credibility is out the window. We shouldn’t play there because it is hard for me to get to, and I am not prepared to make an effort.

The 15k at Leichhardt was probably the same rusted on fans that turned up today. The inner west nimby’s that won’t make an effort to support the club and a few blow ins.

Shit crowds reflect a shit team
Then how come the same "shit team" got good crowds at Leichhardt?

Just proves we shouldn't keep playing at Campbelltown. Do what Bulldogs do with Belmore and give Campbelltown 1 game a year. Maybe then the locals will make an effort.

Back