Charlie Staines #262

In a bad season, I've been very impressed by Staines. He's nothing flash but his effort and the way he puts his body on the line is really impressive. Plays smart and has had few errors. I think he's our best option at fullback and I'm excited to see how he goes. If our halves learn how to pass I'm interested to see how he goes with his own passing game. Also one of the few good support players on our team.
Looks very similar to Dylan Edwards a few seasons back before his rapid rise.
You need a fullback who is very fit, fast, tough and good under the high ball.
Staines ticks all those boxes, just needs to work hard on positional play when defending, keep working on being in the vicinity to receive the ball when his team mates offload and continue to receive the ball in the right place on standard sweep plays to use his speed to create chances.
I don’t think he’s far off being a top class fullback.

Looks very similar to Dylan Edwards a few seasons back before his rapid rise.
You need a fullback who is very fit, fast, tough and good under the high ball.
Staines ticks all those boxes, just needs to work hard on positional play when defending, keep working on being in the vicinity to receive the ball when his team mates offload and continue to receive the ball in the right place on standard sweep plays to use his speed to create chances.
I don’t think he’s far off being a top class fullback.
Yeah, he plays like a player who can't get enough work. We haven't seen that since Tedesco. Was a really strong performance last night.

Sorry for AD, but was never going to be a decent 5/8. Staines should have been at fullback all year, he is our key player at the moment in attack. We need a goalkicker ! Brooks showed that his game revolves around our go forward, and showed what he can do, but needs use the short kicking game more. Laurie, Wakeham,or Simpkin at 5/8 ---??"

Stains went well , needs to be left at Fullback for the rest of the season
Dano to 1/2 back , we do;t have any options as Wakeman is poor

We need to go to market if we don't have a half in our squad. Surely there is a half in reserves who we can get.

Sorry for AD, but was never going to be a decent 5/8. Staines should have been at fullback all year, he is our key player at the moment in attack. We need a goalkicker ! Brooks showed that his game revolves around our go forward, and showed what he can do, but needs use the short kicking game more. Laurie, Wakeham,or Simpkin at 5/8 ---??"

AD was good yesterday. He has been terrible for a while and then he cops that injury. We really need a half with a good kicking game.

Staines at fullback, Brooks at 7 or 6 and Api at 9 gives us something in our spine but we need another option in the halves.

I liked what Charlie did yesterday and it comes back to the old saying, you can’t teach speed.

Can really see him turn into a Dylan Edwards style FB, they’re same height but Charlie is 4 years younger and 5kgs lighter.

Put another 5-6kgs muscle on his frame without losing speed and half breaks while backing up turn into try’s, I just hope we stick with him.

I reckon Wakeham comes in because he can kick goals,even if he is just the emergency until the coaching crew can work on another option....

Latest posts

Back