Confirmed: Matterson released from Wests Tigers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@WT2K said in [Matterson unhappy at Tigers?](/post/1066557) said:
@851 said in [Matterson unhappy at Tigers?](/post/1066547) said:
Hooper just said on NRL360, Matto will continue to ask for a release, not salvageable and he will be somewhere else next year. Mentioned parra and titans as the clubs most likely.
Me I would tell parra to stick it, they started this crap

I'm sure he will when he returns from his holiday.
Don't expect him to be with us in the new year. Hopefully Maguire and Hartigan keep denying a release unless it benefits us.

I’d be willing to bet my last dollar that Hooper has little to no idea what he is talking about. As I understand it Matterson is a not happy with his current contract and asked for a upgrade.
The club told him he needed to perform next year and if he did so they were open to upgrading the final year of his contract (2021). The club is operating from a position of strength in this situation, they know it and they have made it clear to him. As you said I would imagine the only way he gets released is if it results in a favourable outcome for the club.

@Spacecub said in [Matterson unhappy at Tigers?](/post/1066551) said:
Hooper just said on NRL360, Matto will continue to ask for a release, not salvageable and he will be somewhere else next year. Mentioned parra and titans as the clubs most likely.

I'm really worried that this amature organization will let him go and receive absolutely no advantage

Like the way they did with Cleary and Penrith??

Get Matterson back to pre season training and let the other forwards use him as target practice

Thanks @Mccarry: it makes me happy to know that I have been able to help someone in some way :fa-smile-o:

@851 Hmmm... well it's not like the position disappeared. Not being renewed and being sacked is the same thing in that case, one just happens earlier than the other.

Haha Parramatta...never in doubt!

@krayola said in [Matterson unhappy at Tigers?](/post/1066583) said:
@The_Patriot one game and Jones is automatically a great pick?

He has gone from the worst top ten pick ever to 'Danny Dimes'....hahah

We have got way off topic here by the way...........

:)

@BalmainJnr

Hooper said “ Matterson WILL NOT “ be at Wests next year.

He is managed by someone named Orr, who is also the manager of the Titans new coach. Orr wants to strengthen the Titans before his boy takes over.

Collusion to break a contract anyone?

@Spud_Murphy said in [Matterson unhappy at Tigers?](/post/1066586) said:

Now we finally get Tim Mannah

Matto will continue to ask for a release

If he asks every day, you say "no" every day.

Eventually just put it on a piece of paper and leave it on the windscreen of his car.

@jirskyr said in [Matterson unhappy at Tigers?](/post/1066595) said:

Eventually just put it on a piece of paper and leave it on the windscreen of his car.

I’d be putting something else on his windscreen and it’s a bit heavier than paper

@tigerap said in [Matterson unhappy at Tigers?](/post/1066596) said:

I’d be putting something else on his windscreen and it’s a bit heavier than paper

Is it the terms of his contract, inside a manila folder? Folders are heavier than paper.

@Aceshigh said in [Matterson unhappy at Tigers?](/post/1065231) said:
@Demps if he ends up at Titans he will be another party boy statistic and go nowhere😂
Madge knows best. Leave it to him.

@weststigers Yes, but Brooks was wisely upgraded to 700-800k.

That aside I take your point. Benji and Robbie were loyal to our club. Hey they had faults as players but they had taken unders and rejected bigger offers...
Also Chris Heighington knocked back Wayne Bennett at the Dragons because he felt Sheens was the better Coach.

^ which points to one thing. Sheens Got Culture. Sheens demise was that he did not buffer the players enough while removing Chris Heighington and Beau Ryan (with some very poor trades). Leading to the players wanting him removed, uada yada yada... My point is Sheens Got Culture. He developed a culture where players were playing for Unders and wanted to stay with the Tigers. Heck Manly mastered this.

@colinbh said in [Matterson unhappy at Tigers?](/post/1066591) said:
@BalmainJnr

Hooper said “ Matterson WILL NOT “ be at Wests next year.

He is managed by someone named Orr, who is also the manager of the Titans new coach. Orr wants to strengthen the Titans before his boy takes over.

Collusion to break a contract anyone?

Certainly.
But it will take NRL to act on this.
I don't think any club will do it because they are beholden to the managers and possibly just as guilty themselves.

@krayola said in [Matterson unhappy at Tigers?](/post/1066583) said:
@The_Patriot one game and Jones is automatically a great pick?

Its more that every single person in the media has changed their option of him based on that one game. He doesnt play that well without composure and the right mentality. Long way to go but recruiting the right type of mentality was my point

@happy_tiger said in [Matterson unhappy at Tigers?](/post/1066592) said:
@Spud_Murphy said in [Matterson unhappy at Tigers?](/post/1066586) said:

Now we finally get Tim Mannah

Yay!

@tigerap said in [Matterson unhappy at Tigers?](/post/1066596) said:

What do you do if a bird craps on your windscreen? You don't take her out to the drive in again.

@crazycat said in [Matterson unhappy at Tigers?](/post/1066602) said:
@weststigers Yes, but Brooks was wisely upgraded to 700-800k.

That aside I take your point. Benji and Robbie were loyal to our club. Hey they had faults as players but they had taken unders and rejected bigger offers...
Also Chris Heighington knocked back Wayne Bennett at the Dragons because he felt Sheens was the better Coach.

^ which points to one thing. Sheens Got Culture. Sheens demise was that he did not buffer the players enough while removing Chris Heighington and Beau Ryan (with some very poor trades). Leading to the players wanting him removed, uada yada yada... My point is Sheens Got Culture. He developed a culture where players were playing for Unders and wanted to stay with the Tigers. Heck Manly mastered this.

That's very true. At the time those players loved the club and didn't want to play for anyone else. But you can't please the fans because they were labelled the "boys club" and that was seen as detrimental to our success as well. Plenty supported breaking up that type of "culture" too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Back