Connor Watson

There were stories two weeks ago today saying Connor Watson had signed with WT. Well today is the end of the two week cooling off period, so I guess we'll soon see whether they were full of it or not.

No cooling off period for players released from their contracts.

Last I heard it was waiting on the Roosters to grant him a release.

@ said:

Of course, well, I hope that's soon. Curtis Rona would be nice as well, but realistically if we sign Watson I think it gives us the depth and competition we need at fullback and halfback. Backs could be strengthened of course, but I think we'll be right there for the moment.

Then we can focus exclusively on picking up the couple of forwards we still need.

@ said:
@ said:

Of course, well, I hope that's soon. Curtis Rona would be nice as well, but realistically if we sign Watson I think it gives us the depth and competition we need at fullback and halfback. Backs could be strengthened of course, but I think we'll be right there for the moment.

Then we can focus exclusively on picking up the couple of forwards we still need.

Rona will be a protracted issue. Can see him not being announced well until after the season is done this year.

@ said:

Only if it is for an immediate release ..As it is from the final year of Watson's contract the new Club contract COP would apply unless it's waived by both parties..of course a new contract with the new Club can't be signed until the release is granted by the existing Club…

@ said:
@ said:

Only if it is for an immediate release ..As it is from the final year of Watson's contract the new Club contract COP would apply unless it's waived by both parties..of course a new contract with the new Club can't be signed until the release is granted by the existing Club…

Fair enough, that makes sense.

@ said:
Watching him tonight=rubbish… we don't need him

They have him playing lock and he's done alright. What do you expect him to do when he's played completely out of position?

Only saw the last 20 minutes when he played fullback and he looked good. If he was playing lock in the 1st 60 then of course he looked poor. However he made almost 100m and 23 tackles in 40 mins is good. The thing that impresses me is his speed he is really electric especially from the back. Do I hope we sign him - Yes, Do I worry if we dont and spend it elsewhere - No

@ said:
Only saw the last 20 minutes when he played fullback and he looked good. If he was playing lock in the 1st 60 then of course he looked poor. However he made almost 100m and 23 tackles in 40 mins is good. The thing that impresses me is his speed he is really electric especially from the back. Do I hope we sign him - Yes, Do I worry if we dont and spend it elsewhere - No

He only shifted to fullback in about the last 10 minutes or so but yeah, he looked better with some space.

@ said:
Watching him tonight=rubbish… we don't need him

Some people are hard to please…he is quick,got a passing game and can tackle like a no9\. He plays with plenty of energy...just what we need

Tough litte bugger. 5 foot 9 and played in the middle third. Didn't take a backward step.

Fullback looks his best position.

I like him.

@ said:

Yep he plays a very up tempo game, which I like. Probably needs to develop some deception with his speed, which will come.

Good player.

The question of whether he can turn into a top line 1 or 6 will always depend on whether his frame will let him. He can tackle, thats for sure.

Back