Contract talk creating drama at Concord

Wounded_magpie

Hardly surprising news - below article written by “The Lurker”;

“Contract talk causing drama at Concord
You probably don't need to be a rocket scientist to work this out, but the Wests Tigers are far from a happy camp at the halfway mark of the competition.

There is a wedge between coach Michael Maguire and the playing staff and the on-field performances reflect this.

The Tigers have lost their last three games, with last weekend's 28-0 home defeat to a depleted Canberra side as bad as they have played all year.

Players aren't happy that Maguire is planning a cleanout for 2020, while rumours persist that skipper Moses Mbye is also headed for the exit door.

Despite just five wins from their 12 games, the Tigers are still in the hunt for a finals berth - but are unlikely to get to September football unless Maguire sorts out the discontent in the ranks.”

@Wounded_magpie lol discontent in the playing ranks. Funny how bludgers fear a loss of income. Dare it be raised that the old boys are back in town and the players are showing signs of disagreeing with the coach? Probably nothing in it, but very coincidental.

@rustycage said in [Contract talk creating drama at Concord](/post/1021058) said:
@Wounded_magpie lol discontent in the playing ranks. Funny how bludgers fear a loss of income. Dare it be raised that the old boys are back in town and the players are showing signs of disagreeing with the coach? Probably nothing in it, but very coincidental.

Keep an ear at Gordie

Story coming your way

The players have a fair dinkum go, the problem goes away, they put in half arsed efforts like the other day the noise will be deafening

@LCA-V2 the Lurker was the footy show carpark gossip man

If this is true i say get rid of the lot of them. How can they just throw in the towel because a couple of their mates are being given a tap on the shoulder.

Soft!

@851 said in [Contract talk creating drama at Concord](/post/1021073) said:
The players have a fair dinkum go, the problem goes away, they put in half arsed efforts like the other day the noise will be deafening

I hope Madge puts a broom through the whole club ..enough is enough !

@hobbo1 said in [Contract talk creating drama at Concord](/post/1021089) said:

Hard to argue, these blokes have had way to many chances, and invariably go back to not putting in

@851 said in [Contract talk creating drama at Concord](/post/1021091) said:
@hobbo1 said in [Contract talk creating drama at Concord](/post/1021089) said:

Hard to argue, these blokes have had way to many chances, and invariably go back to not putting in

It starts with NOT giving Marshall another year .

@851 said in [Contract talk creating drama at Concord](/post/1021078) said:
@LCA-V2 the Lurker was the footy show carpark gossip man

He is a genius.

I seriously believe that many in the Wests tigers grades are, or starting to believe, that Benji and Farah don't deserve their spot in the top 30. They quite outwardly appear to have a free ticket to play first grade each week until they reach their magic 300th game regardless of their form.

If these guys are really the dyed in the wool WestsTigers supporters they claim to be they must resign from the Wests tigers before June 30 to at least open up two new Cap spots for upcomers to show their worth over the remaining part of the season.

As for Packer - what he is doing is "criminal".

Some of these players need to swallow a bag of cement and harden up. Btw, thanks Lurker for the scoop...

Had a beer with a bloke before Melbourne game - supposed to be good mates with Farah. Could be garbage / could be true, but he said the current group were very tight - for what it’s worth.

But if it is true - keep Maguire, sack the pretenders.

@Newtown said in [Contract talk creating drama at Concord](/post/1021099) said:
I seriously believe that many in the Wests tigers grades are, or starting to believe, that Benji and Farah don't deserve their spot in the top 30. They quite outwardly appear to have a free ticket to play first grade each week until they reach their magic 300th game regardless of their form.

If these guys are really the dyed in the wool WestsTigers supporters they claim to be they must resign from the Wests tigers before June 30 to at least open up two new Cap spots for upcomers to show their worth over the remaining part of the season.

As for Packer - what he is doing is "criminal".

You are probably right, the bit about Benji and Robbie walk up starters every week as irked me all year, I can't believe the club hasn't shut down talk of next year already, I was opposed to them playing this year for this very same reason.

If the certain players don't like it leave. Oh sorry, they have no where to go because a fair few are 💩

Players certainly have a nerve if they are adverse to Madge’s cleanout. There is no doubt about it, this team will look very different in two years but the players get paid to play....so shut up, get out there and earn your money.

Back