Contract talk creating drama at Concord

@Geo said in [Contract talk creating drama at Concord](/post/1021419) said:
@TheDaBoss said in [Contract talk creating drama at Concord](/post/1021412) said:
well since everyone says #madgeout

its time for the playing group to take over

Who is everyone..?

Not me. I'd extend Maguire's contract right now for a further 2 years, send a signal to the players and make a statement tot he players anyone not wanting to give their best and wanting out step forward and we will rip up their contracts in front of their faces.

I would much prefer to be backing the coach than this playing group. Most of these guys are has-beens or never-will-bes. Frankly, I don't give a rats if it does take another 2 years to get this sorted - as long as it gets sorted. And it needs to start now - which, to me, is what looks like is happening.

Until Maguire has a decent period in charge, I believe it is a ridiculous to be bagging him out.
Yes, it may be that the playing group has been destabilised with the talk of players being shopped. So what? This present team would find a way to lose in a one horse race!

Bring on the changes - get rid of the majority of the roster over the next couple of years - and clearly it will take that long - and go from there.
Nothing to lose - except rugby league games - which we manage to do anyway!

@TheDaBoss said in [Contract talk creating drama at Concord](/post/1021412) said:

i feel it is only a very vocal few who want Madge gone, most of us supporters want him to serve full term to see if he can turn the club around

@jadtiger said in [Contract talk creating drama at Concord](/post/1021441) said:

i feel it is only a very vocal few who want Madge gone, most of us supporters want him to serve full term to see if he can turn the club around

true, imo he is the best coach we have had in years, some people wnat a perfect coach and team

@jadtiger said in [Contract talk creating drama at Concord](/post/1021441) said:

Don't know if anyone wants him gone, but there are certainly question marks over the way he's handled a number of matters. In my opinion, extensions should be a reward for good performance. Haven't seen any reason to extend him at all.

@avocadoontoast said in [Contract talk creating drama at Concord](/post/1021444) said:

Don't know if anyone wants him gone, but there are certainly question marks over the way he's handled a number of matters. In my opinion, extensions should be a reward for good performance. Haven't seen any reason to extend him at all.

I agree with you i didnt say to extend his term but that he should be here to serve his full term

@TheDaBoss said in [Contract talk creating drama at Concord](/post/1021443) said:

true, imo he is the best coach we have had in years, some people wnat a perfect coach and team

Fair enough, but if he is the best coach we've had in years, why is the team travelling worse? And for the most part, the majority of players have gone backwards. Mbye was really good for the last half of 2018, Marsters too was very good. I'm not saying Madge is the reason for all of this and it's obviously too early to call for his head. But it's also too early to issue an extension or proclaim him as some kind of saviour.

His three signings have been Jennings who is now in reserve grade, Chee Kam extension and now presumably Mannah. Doesn't fill one with confidence.

@avocadoontoast have you heard yourself lately? the players ARE adapting!!

Best coach since and probably pre-sheens.

You will be eating humble pie soon enough

Make no mistake THIS FAKE NEWS

Mods could even actually take control and just shut this nonsense down. Plenty of threads...

@avocadoontoast I was confident but rather believe we dodged a bullet mate!

Again you seem unhappy, maybe a Cuppa to calm ya down but until at least the end of THIS season I like many others reserve judgement .

Of you being overly negative I am CERTAIN

🥧🥧 mmm Pie, Tom Humble pie, can u smell what the Rock is cookin?! 😂

Seriously tho who doesn’t like Pi, weird

@avocadoontoast said in [Contract talk creating drama at Concord](/post/1021447) said:
@TheDaBoss said in [Contract talk creating drama at Concord](/post/1021443) said:

Fair enough, but if he is the best coach we've had in years, why is the team travelling worse? And for the most part, the majority of players have gone backwards. Mbye was really good for the last half of 2018, Marsters too was very good. I'm not saying Madge is the reason for all of this and it's obviously too early to call for his head. But it's also too early to issue an extension or proclaim him as some kind of saviour.

His three signings have been Jennings who is now in reserve grade, Chee Kam extension and now presumably Mannah. Doesn't fill one with confidence.

You really can't blame a coach when players drop a ball or make a bad decision.

I don't usually defend coaches, but Madge has inherited a mess. And to his credit (unlike the last two coaches), he isn't using it as an excuse.

@Papacito said in [Contract talk creating drama at Concord](/post/1021492) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Contract talk creating drama at Concord](/post/1021447) said:

You really can't blame a coach when players drop a ball or make a bad decision.

I don't usually defend coaches, but Madge has inherited a mess. And to his credit (unlike the last two coaches), he isn't using it as an excuse.

Hey, i'm just saying the juries out. Too early to make a call.

@avocadoontoast
Certainly, the Mannah signing is highly dubious and I would not have re-signed MCK. Jennings form is just a shame, don't think anyone saw how crap he was going to be.

But I reckon every coach should get support when they start. I have been proud of the tough calls Madge has made already, but having said that, there are a lot more that need to be made.
This team is a disaster.
Time will tell, but for now I don't think the jury is out. Madge seems like the man for the job.

@DieHarder said in [Contract talk creating drama at Concord](/post/1021482) said:
Make no mistake THIS FAKE NEWS

Mods could even actually take control and just shut this nonsense down. Plenty of threads...

Why does the thread need to be closed and should it be ASAP...?

@Geo I think so?? If you guys are thinking this is a serious concern/excuse for our club

I think even chewing this fat is fruitless because Madge is 100% not going anywhere. ASAP

@DieHarder said in [Contract talk creating drama at Concord](/post/1021528) said:
@Geo I think so?? If you guys are thinking this is a serious concern/excuse for our club

I think even chewing this fat is fruitless because Madge is 100% not going anywhere. ASAP

You could always just stop reading this thread? Would that fix things?

@DieHarder said in [Contract talk creating drama at Concord](/post/1021528) said:

So he's not going anywhere as soon as possible?

Members online

Back