Contract talk creating drama at Concord

@Snake said in [Contract talk creating drama at Concord](/post/1025442) said:
The coach is full of crap ... all you ever here is culture thrown out there ...culture this ...change the culture .. does not Corey Thompson fit the cultural change the coach SAYS he wants to embody . The guy plays his guts out every game is a total professional and leaves it all on the field ... Corey is not a world beater but for me embodies what I perceive as the culture I want at my club . I sometimes think what our club is all about there is only one cultural change required and that is from board level down !

What culture is Thompson display by sneaking away and having secret talks with a scumbag like Cleary. Good on him if he is getting an upgrade and 2 more years somewhere else but at least have the guts to do it properly.

As tough and as good as he has been for us, he doesn’t have the all round game to be an nrl fullback and his physical attributes make him a liability on the wing.

Jennings for example has less ability and football brain but his physical attributes meant even though he was targeted by the cowboys he defused every bomb and was safe. I think if Thompson was on that wing we give up at least one try.

@Snake said in [Contract talk creating drama at Concord](/post/1025449) said:
@happy_tiger you have been around long enough to know what that means !

I'm not pointing the finger at Madge ....but he is either your cup of tea or he isn't

@diedpretty said in [Contract talk creating drama at Concord](/post/1025453) said:
The coach is full of crap ... all you ever here is culture thrown out there ...culture this ...change the culture .. does not Corey Thompson fit the cultural change the coach SAYS he wants to embody . The guy plays his guts out every game is a total professional and leaves it all on the field ... Corey is not a world beater but for me embodies what I perceive as the culture I want at my club . I sometimes think what our club is all about there is only one cultural change required and that is from board level down !

What culture is Thompson display by sneaking away and having secret talks with a scumbag like Cleary. Good on him if he is getting an upgrade and 2 more years somewhere else but at least have the guts to do it properly.

Why are they ''secret''? He's off contract and entitled to speak to other clubs, especially if we haven't pulled our finger out and offered him anything.

@GNR4LIFE said in [Contract talk creating drama at Concord](/post/1025456) said:
@diedpretty said in [Contract talk creating drama at Concord](/post/1025453) said:

Why are they ''secret''? He's off contract and entitled to speak to other clubs, especially if we haven't pulled our finger out and offered him anything.

I'm only going off reports that he was having secret talks - considering Cleary was involved i'm inclined to believe this.

@diedpretty said in [Contract talk creating drama at Concord](/post/1025458) said:
@GNR4LIFE said in [Contract talk creating drama at Concord](/post/1025456) said:

I'm only going off reports that he was having secret talks - considering Cleary was involved i'm inclined to believe this.

There's nothing suss about a coach meeting a player who is off contract. The Australian obviously trying to squeeze controversy out of a lemon where there isn't any.

Good luck to him. He is 29 years old and i'd rather let him go now than overpay for another 2 years because we are trying to squeeze too much juice from the lemon.

He has been great for us but if he wants to shop around for top dollar we might as well give a young guy a shot who has more potential upside.

@Bones said in [Contract talk creating drama at Concord](/post/1025464) said:
Good luck to him. He is 29 years old and i'd rather let him go now than overpay for another 2 years because we are trying to squeeze too much juice from the lemon.

He has been great for us but if he wants to shop around for top dollar we might as well give a young guy a shot who has more potential upside.

I agree and i seriously hope we don't up our offer to try and keep him.

@diedpretty said in [Contract talk creating drama at Concord](/post/1025480) said:
@Bones said in [Contract talk creating drama at Concord](/post/1025464) said:

I agree and i seriously hope we don't up our offer to try and keep him.

Same reporter now saying he’s staying. If we’ve upped our offer that’s ridiculous.

2 year deal - doesn't say how much coin. If we have him still running around in first grade for the next 2 years then we have some very serious problems.

The bottom line, none of us know what’s going on behind the scenes. The roster is basically a jigsaw and in order to fit the big pieces in you need plenty of small pieces. Assuming Benji retires we are going to need a no6 in 2020 and they don’t come cheap. We know JR’s body will not last the rigours of a month of NRL. Okay MM might fill the role but than we still a no1 and a centre. So maybe the club can’t match Riff’s offer for Thomo as they need the cash elsewhere.
I have a lot of faith I’m Madge and the calls he makes

Hope he’s not on too much. Good player but more of a fill in. He’s only under rated if he’s being paid that way.

Hopefully we can replace Fonua with a decent centre or fullback depending on the plan with Mbye.

I wonder if Penrith fans are complaining about being rejected by a fringe first grader like we were.

@weststigerman said in [Contract talk creating drama at Concord](/post/1025500) said:
I wonder if Penrith fans are complaining about being rejected by a fringe first grader like we were.

Excellent point

@The_Patriot agree. Same thing with origin right now, Freddie needs our support just as the boys need positivity surrounding them from the fans and hopefully one day, the media lol

@TieDye said in [Contract talk creating drama at Concord](/post/1025595) said:
@The_Patriot agree. Same thing with origin right now, Freddie needs our support just as the boys need positivity surrounding them from the fans and hopefully one day, the media lol

Freddy can kiss my you know what. Go QLD lol

Latest posts

Back