Cricket Season Thread

@happy tiger said:
@Peaches said:
@turnstyle said:
awesome finish to the test. so glad the aussies won it as they really deserved to.

unfortunately, as ftb says, there may always be the spectre of steyn's injury hanging over the result. also have to agree that before proclaiming themselves as the best in the world, the aussies need a sustained period of success now.

i think the only gauge is the icc rankings? i guess until they are number 1 they cant really say they are number 1.

I hope not. We lost the Ashes in 2005 with McGrath having injury issues but overtime it's been forgotten and rightly so. Injuries and luck play as much of a part as a win as does form and umpiring decisions.

And I agree about the sustained period of success. South Africa have lost some leadership with Kallis and now Smith, as have England with Pieterson and Swann. But as always the game moves on and new players take the places of the games former top players but that usually takes some time. Australia has a real chance to have a good year or two at the top if they can keep the team healthy and in form.

_Posted using RoarFEED 2013_

I still maintain that Shaun Tait cost us the Ashes in 2005

If we could of managed another 15-20 runs I reckon we win that test and that ridiculous shot he attempted :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :bash :rant

I remember that shot too. He was almost off the pitch he was that far inside the line of the ball. But if we're going to talk about that innings then I think what cost us the Ashes was Simon Katich's dismissal. Harmison bowling a 1/2 tracker pitching about a metre outside leg stump and yet Aleem Dar gave him out lbw when he was well set…. I guess that might be why Shane Warne has never rated Dar as an umpire :laughing:

@happy tiger said:
Call me a bias Qlder , but I reckon Cutting is the option as our other all rounder in T20

Mitch Johnson makes a big difference as well imo

I think it was worth resting Mitch for this series. He's played a lot of cricket and has a rough injury history. The squad I would have churned out is

Warner
Finch
Watto
Maxwell
Bailey
Haddin
Cutting
Faulkner
Coulter-Nile
Starc
Muirhead

with Paine, Lynn, Hogg and Christian rounding out the squad.

The XI gives 7 bowling options, and still bats deep (with an incredible top 6). The remaining players in the squad give some options (another spinner or another quick) as well as some cover for the top order.

The man who saw it coming…

http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/633357.html

@stryker said:
Aussies lose again.
We really don't understand this form of the game.

We actually had a decent record of late until the last 2 matches. The batsman haven't gone off and the bowling has been loose. We just haven't been at our best and there is no time to recover in 20/20 matches.

Agree Happy, its just not cricket!
Love how the West Indians think it is so important…trust them to excell in the laziest form of the game

@stryker said:
Love how the West Indians think it is so important…trust them to excell in the laziest form of the game

20/20 is far from lazy. It's very quick and pretty intense. Players often speak of how drained they are.
And mentally it's still a challenge. Being able to hit the right areas when bowling and putting bad balls behind you takes skill and nerve.

The West Indians have nerves of steel.

My mate and I actually predicted them to win with 2 overs to go. Should've bet on it.

@Peaches said:
@stryker said:

20/20 is far from lazy. It's very quick and pretty intense. Players often speak of how drained they are.
And mentally it's still a challenge. Being able to hit the right areas when bowling and putting bad balls behind you takes skill and nerve.

Well if it is far easier when batting when you only use about 70 % of the field

@happy tiger said:
@Peaches said:
@stryker said:

Well if it is far easier when batting when you only use about 70 % of the field

They are playing on some ridiculously small fields. Bravo skied a 6 that went 65m and went a fair way back in the crowd. The game was naturally become batter friendly but formats like this only emphasize it further. There isn't much of a desire to be a bowler nowadays.

Anyone notice a group of the Bangladeshi fans in the match against India last night? :smiley:

I was watching some of their game before bed and seen these lads and was like "wait, what????" , had thought I had 1 too many beers for a second…

![](http://i59.tinypic.com/312d9xd.png)

@Zaibatsu said:
Anyone notice a group of the Bangladeshi fans in the match against India last night? :smiley:

I was watching some of their game before bed and seen these lads and was like "wait, what????" , had thought I had 1 too many beers for a second…

![](http://i59.tinypic.com/312d9xd.png)

That's a bit strange hahaha

Great news

We have reclaimed the Worlds No 1 crown in Test Cricket

Lehmann deserves a huge pat on the back , he has turned us round in a short period of time

England are 5/83 chasing 350 against Sri Lanker in a home test.
The English press are going to go ape if they lose a home series to the Lankens.
After we whipped them, players going home mid series. The whole KP sacking. Now this.

Seeing that cricket season starts after next weeks game , has anyone seen the ball that broke Broad's nose yet ??

@happy tiger said:
Seeing that cricket season starts after next weeks game , has anyone seen the ball that broke Broad's nose yet ??

Saw it a bit earlier.
Thoroughly enjoyed replaying it again, and again, and again and again.

@Sabre said:
@happy tiger said:

Saw it a bit earlier.
Thoroughly enjoyed replaying it again, and again, and again and again.

You have issues.

@happy tiger said:

Come on happy come on come on. The ball was last seen at the cricket nets near Concord oval.
Just answered it in the way you like it happy.

_Posted using RoarFEED V.4_

Back