Curtis Rona

Wests Tigers Have Landed Another Important Signing

The Wests Tigers signing spree sets is set to continue with Curtis Rona about to announce a deal, reports Channel Seven rugby league reporter Josh Massoud.

“Looks like rugby's Curtis Rona is coming back to league - a done deal with @WestsTigers,” tweeted Massoud.

The 25-year-old Kiwi winger had a fairly successful stint with the Bulldogs, scoring 35 tries in 50 games.

He left the NRL last year to take up an offer to play Super Rugby for the Western Force.
The Wests Tigers have already snared Canterbury five-eighth Josh Reynolds, Dragons forward Russell Packer, Warriors prop Ben Matulino and Gold Coast second-rower Chris McQueen for 2018, along with the mid-season purchase of Tuimoala Lolohea from the Warriors.

Triple m
Tuesday, 13th June 2017

@ said:

The Wests Tigers signing spree sets is set to continue with Curtis Rona about to announce a deal, reports Channel Seven rugby league reporter Josh Massoud.

“Looks like rugby's Curtis Rona is coming back to league - a done deal with @WestsTigers,” tweeted Massoud.

The 25-year-old Kiwi winger had a fairly successful stint with the Bulldogs, scoring 35 tries in 50 games.

He left the NRL last year to take up an offer to play Super Rugby for the Western Force.
The Wests Tigers have already snared Canterbury five-eighth Josh Reynolds, Dragons forward Russell Packer, Warriors prop Ben Matulino and Gold Coast second-rower Chris McQueen for 2018, along with the mid-season purchase of Tuimoala Lolohea from the Warriors.

Triple m
Tuesday, 13th June 2017

Wont get my hopes up until something comes out official

@ said:

Triple m
Tuesday, 13th June 2017

Looks like that article is simply based off the Massoud tweet from a few days ago. And Massoud's tweet was about a photo that he took out of context (Rona saying 'on the bus' not in regards to him signing but commenting on the Taane Milne article).

Curtis Manager, Steve Gillis denies that his client "is on the bus"!! Curtis supposedly to stay in Union and play for the Wallabies (must be looking at another franchise if Force fold)??

@ said:
@ said:

Triple m
Tuesday, 13th June 2017

Wont get my hopes up until something comes out official

This is exactly what I think.

@ said:
Curtis Manager, Steve Gillis denies that his client "is on the bus"!! Curtis supposedly to stay in Union and play for the Wallabies (must be looking at another franchise if Force fold)??

Surveying the options or priming the price pump?
Here's a link:http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2017/06/13/manager-denies-curtis-rona-nrl-tigers-link

As good as this signing would be don't get your hopes up until its announced by the club. Force still haven't folded yet and I am sure rugby clubs will want him.

@ said:

I can't see him playing for the Wallabies.

Western force are going. His manager is a tool if he thinks hel make the wallabies. Hel be signed in 2-3 weeks i betm

Lol he won't be playing for the wallabies

@ said:
@ said:

Here's a link:http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2017/06/13/manager-denies-curtis-rona-nrl-tigers-link

wallabies?

lol

hasnt he only played 2 games all season for the force?

Here's another perspective.
Rona's pay is covered by the ARU if the Force folds, but it might not be covered if he signs a contract with a new club before the collapse.
Gillis may have gotten wind of rumours that a contract (with WT) is 'signed, pending..'. Followed by Rona hinting and joking on public media. He might be worried that the ARU will hear the same rumours. So, even if he has a signed contract squirrelled away in his safe, he's protecting his clients interests with, "He's under contract. So until we know anything different, nothing changes."

@ said:
Rona's pay is covered by the ARU if the Force folds, but it might not be covered if he signs a contract with a new club before the collapse.
Gillis may have gotten wind of rumours that a contract is 'signed, pending..'. Followed by Rona hinting and joking on public media. He might be worried that the ARU will hear the same rumours. So, even if he has a signed contract squirrelled away in his safe, he's protecting his clients interests with, "He's under contract. So until we know anything different, nothing changes."

I think you could be right.

@ said:
@ said:
Gillis may have gotten wind of rumours that a contract is 'signed, pending..'. Followed by Rona hinting and joking on public media. He might be worried that the ARU will hear the same rumours. So, even if he has a signed contract squirrelled away in his safe, he's protecting his clients interests with, "He's under contract. So until we know anything different, nothing changes."

I think you could be right.

That is definitely the case I reckon.

@ said:
@ said:

According to Channel 7 reporter Josh Massoud, he's a done deal. But I'm not so sure about this.

Link:

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/nrl/news/reports-curtis-rona-to-join-wests-tigers

Back